• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ Regular Force 2005 - 2017 [Merged]

I'm currently waiting to get back on a course after Legs injuries, (No that is not a typo, both my legs suffered). As for hair, the women that are posting, so long as they don't see the 'wings' they don't have a problem. I ended up for the first 6 weeks having to gel those suckers down. I haven't seen any instructors to date that I know of be super picky about the short haired women. However I have seen a couple of staff take it out on a couple of girls when they pulled their berets off and they accidentally messed up their hair. They were in the middle of fixing it when they got reamed on.

As for what to bring, it's been mentioned as for my second go around for Basic (long story), bring whatever you can from home and as someone mentioned earlier it will cut down on the bill at the end. And for the picture frame thing, I brought my own from my last basic training and they haven't said anything to me. So long as it's the size that they require they won't ding you or mark you down, they might however ask about who's in the frame like they did every inspection. It was entertaining cause I rotate through pictures and it's always a story they want out of me, don't know why... *shrug*

o_O Strangely I think I know who Chanellhelen is in AWT, but yeah not much going in for Navy. And the information said here; learn it, and when people say to keep your mouth shut, do so. Instructors don't like back talkers, or mumblers and so on.

That guy that posted up that huge message, essentially what you wanna do, but remember each set of staff is very different from boot polishing methods to how they want their beds to be done, to the finer details. If you are lucky to get the blue sector a tip for the folding if you have it perfect. Some put their piles onto the top shelf, some put it somewhere else, a good and I mean very good tip and it will make your life easier as it does mine for inspection layout. There is a shelf corner under the clothing bar, put the piles on top of one another from left to right or right to left so long as the center pile remains where it's supposed to be, in the middle.

Put that on the mini shelf and that 2 liter water bottle, fill it as if you are doing inspection and lay it on top of the clothing pile. One it will keep the clothes from unfolding, the piles won't move around and for those that say hey, use boot bands to keep it all together especially for those that are tall and have large clothing. This negates the need for it and you keep your creases for the folded piles. Same principal for the Green Sector guys, there is a micro shelf in your barrack closet, use it and it allows you to keep most of your inspection stuff ready without having to futz around.

That's my tip >.>

Jon.sim said:
I'm driving down on the 24th as well, looking forward to it!  Got in as vehicle tech.

I have decided to just take the train.... I figure there is no reason to pay for insurance as well as car payments for it to just sit there.  My lease was up so didn't bother to get a new vehicle.  I am going to wait till I get to Borden.

Scrap422 said:
I have decided to just take the train.... I figure there is no reason to pay for insurance as well as car payments for it to just sit there.  My lease was up so didn't bother to get a new vehicle.  I am going to wait till I get to Borden.

Smart haha I was thinking the same thing for when I leave in a month. I decided I'd take my vehicle since it's all paid for anyways and atleast I'll have it with me everywhere I go instead of it sitting at home being unused for years.

I'm flying out from St.John's, NL on the 24th, due to start on the 26th as well! I think maybe one person who enrolled with me has the same start date, but I was the only female that enrolled, so I'm still on my own on this end at least!

Anyone getting excited yet? I'm just putting the finishing touches on my autobiography and getting everything ready that needs to be packed.

Flatliner said:
Anyone getting excited yet? I'm just putting the finishing touches on my autobiography and getting everything ready that needs to be packed.

I got everything I need, just have to pack tomorrow and I'll be all set.
I'm pretty excited to get started!

Hobbit4190 said:
I'm flying out from St.John's, NL on the 24th, due to start on the 26th as well! I think maybe one person who enrolled with me has the same start date, but I was the only female that enrolled, so I'm still on my own on this end at least!

Well there were 5 of us enrolled the same day, I was the only female and the only one with this BMQ date.  Looks, from what I gathered on here at least, that their are about 5 of us so far.

What trade are you?

Ok so have read many different threads about BMQ in here as I am sure we all have and I know follow the joining instructions..... However, what is everyone sing for the arrival dress and the first few days before we are issued uniforms and pt gear

Is anyone else having trouble finding 8.5" x 14" Lined paper?

The only stuff I can find at Staples and most other stores is 8 3/8" x 13 7/8" and it is in a pad format that you must tear off. 

Yes, I know it is only 1/8" off spec, but I don't feel like finding out the hard way I have to rewrite my autobiography all over again. 

Anyone have any luck? I've tried 6 stores now.  They have 8.5" x 14" plain printer paper, but nothing lined. 

BorisK said:

The only stuff I can find at Staples and most other stores is 8 3/8" x 13 7/8" and it is in a pad format that you must tear off. 

Yes, I know it is only 1/8" off spec, but I don't feel like finding out the hard way I have to rewrite my autobiography all over again. 

Anyone have any luck? I've tried 6 stores now.  They have 8.5" x 14" plain printer paper, but nothing lined.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but chances are almost 100% you will write your autobiography again anyway (if not two or three more times. We did it just to kill time). It SHOULD be in a pad format that you tear off.  The 8 3/8 pad you mentioned should be fine.
I had a hard time finding it too, I ended up with the pads from Staples.

BorisK said:

That's the right paper, they round it! I had to buy the $20 5 pad pack at staples  :'(

niftynicolemarie said:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but chances are almost 100% you will write your autobiography again anyway (if not two or three more times. We did it just to kill time). It SHOULD be in a pad format that you tear off.  The 8 3/8 pad you mentioned should be fine.
I had a hard time finding it too, I ended up with the pads from Staples.

Thanks for the speedy reply.  I certainly expected to have to rewrite it a few times [I've heard it said that you typically write it for nearly every course as it is a quick and easy way for course staff to get a basic rundown of you as a person], but I figured I would at least do my best to write my first copy on the 'correct paper'.  I'll keep hunting but worst case I'll just use this pad from staples as you and I'm sure others have done. 

Best regards & Happy New Year

Scrap422 said:
Well there were 5 of us enrolled the same day, I was the only female and the only one with this BMQ date.  Looks, from what I gathered on here at least, that their are about 5 of us so far.

What trade are you?

I'm a Nav Comm. There were five of us enrolled on th. Same day as well. I was the only female and only navy recruit.

BorisK said:

How many times do we have to go through this.  It has been asked and answered several times already.

http://army.ca/forums/threads/21042/post-107852.html#msg107852

It's been a rough start to the day guys. Flight was cancelled due to snow storm. All flights out of my city are cancelled until Sunday night. After a lot of calling around, I got permission to switch my flight to Calgary, but am now racing a check in time deadline through a snowstorm. Only 2.5 more hours of driving!

Wish me luck!

Back