• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ Regular Force 2005 - 2017 [Merged]

CanadianTiger said:
Damn that is close to one another, I swear in July 21 and fly out august 1st. I find out everything in a couple days.
Lmao yes it is. Thank goodness I got the info email with lists of what's needed a couple weeks ago. Would be hard to run around all in one day.

I guess I'll be joining you boys on the 17th.
I'm going for Mat Tech.
Swearing in on the 5th.
I look forward to meeting you all.

Hello,

My son is taking the CFLRS program now. I want to visit him. I am wondering if I am allowed to take the shuttle bus at Montreal-Trudeau Airport to the destination.

Thanks

I just found out this week that I will be starting BMQ on August 17th as well. I am from Oshawa, but due to that detachment being phased out I was transferred to the Toronto Recruiting Centre.  I'll be swearing in for Military Police on August 17th out of Toronto.

Cperry said:
I just found out this week that I will be starting BMQ on August 17th as well. I am from Oshawa, but due to that detachment being phased out I was transferred to the Toronto Recruiting Centre.  I'll be swearing in for Military Police on August 17th out of Toronto.

Well done CPerry!!
Military Police eh?
So you must be in pretty great shape.
Tell you what, you help me drag my sorry ass over the 6' wall, I help with your ironing ;)

I've wanted to be in the military since "Christ was a corporal" if you'll excuse the cliché.
Now, at 43, I'm realizing that dream.
All my life I have been considered fit or athletic even elite at one point.
One thing I never took to was running. I can jump rope until the cows come home, I love HIIT training, but running.....no thank you.
Now here I am 3.5 weeks out from BMQ busting my butt trying to find my stride but to little avail.
My Shihan (karate instructor) assures me it's just my body isn't use to the movements and that my ability will catch up with my fitness level.
I sure hope so as I'm running low on time. I don't want to be seen as "unfit" when that's not the case. I'm just crap at running.
But, as my husband says, I'm always the optimist and I will prevail. I believe that whole heartedly, perhaps my new found BMQ family can help me find my stride.
Until the 15 of August I will just keep pushing.

Sempai Julia said:
I'm just crap at running.

Some advice here,

Running: Training, Problems, Techniques, Questions, etc 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/22788.0;nowap
18 pages.

mariomike said:
Some advice here,

Running: Training, Problems, Techniques, Questions, etc 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/22788.0;nowap
18 pages.
Thank you, I have been putting some great advice found there to use.

I am also signed for BMQ July 27th for infantry. Course 99, I'm sure I'll see some of you guys there, but it seems like you're mostly 98.

Sempai Julia said:
Well done CPerry!!
Military Police eh?
So you must be in pretty great shape.
Tell you what, you help me drag my sorry *** over the 6' wall, I help with your ironing ;)

Oi oi haha! We'll help you get stronger instead  :nod:

Since you do martial arts I'd expect you have a decent cardio. Now you just gotta get used to running. Focus on running at a steady phase and focus on distance rather than speed/time. When you are comfortable running, say 3 to 5 km at a steady phase now do a 2KM run as fast as you can. Go on Google maps, graph your running route starting from your house to point A. When you pick a point the needle will show on the map and you can always drag it to where you want and at the same time, it will show you the distance :) Run every other day. Alter the 3 to 5 km run and 2KM run or do distance run, rest day, distance run, rest day, 2KM run.

VKCornes said:
Oi oi haha! We'll help you get stronger instead  :nod:

I can't tell you how excited I am about BMQ.
I have learnt, from karate, to turn off my mind and just do as I'm told. Believe that my instructors know more then me and trust them completely.
I fully expect to be broke down and then rebuilt in my fitness and I'm just vibrating from the excitement of the new skill set I'll have leaving BMQ. Running being one of them.

Gentlemen,

I will also start BMQ August 3, 2015. I fly out from Toronto is anyone else also flying out from YYZ? At this point the excitement is palpable for me especially after such a long wait for this moment. Looks my forward to meeting you all and godspeed.

Recruiting Office: CFRC Toronto
Officer/NCM: NCM
Reg/Reserves: Reg
Choice 1: ACISS
Choice 2: Weapoms Tech
Choice 3 Vehicle Tech Land
Application date: 31, October 2014
First Contact: 16, February 2015
CFAT: 26, March 2015
Interview: 26, May 2015
Medical: 21, May 2015
Interview: 26, May 2015
Merit Listed: 2, July 2015
Position Offered: ACISS
Swear In: 29, July 2015
BMQ: 3, August 2015

BigM031 said:
I am also signed for BMQ July 27th for infantry. Course 99, I'm sure I'll see some of you guys there, but it seems like you're mostly 98.
I've got 99 as well.  >:D

Some of us are ladies, but we'll let that go  :p  There are at least two of us from  the Toronto RC who will be swearing in with you on the 29th (next Wednesday! !!!!!) And one going by plane.  I myself am taking the train, but will meet up again at the airport in Quebec.

Back