• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ Regular Force 2005 - 2017 [Merged]

mike12255 said:
Congrats!! Will you be flying out of toronto!?
I don't know. They haven't told me whats going on yet. Only that I leave on the 25th.

evmaclennan said:
Any of you guys going for BMQ on Oct 20th leaving from Toronto- Pearson?

I just found out yesterday that, even though I'm leaving from Charlottetown, I will be flying to Montreal via Pearson International. See you there!

ill also be on the nov 1st course. returning to the forces now as an Armoured Crewman

Just wanted to get an idea of how many people would respond and where your from heading to basic in St-jean, What trade etc. you are enrolling as, goodluck : )

Hey everyone I also will be flying out of Toronto on the 25th of October to BMQ, starting October 27th. I am swearing in on the 22nd of October. I am curious, do you receive your flight details on the day you swear in?

Glad to hear that your in with us, and yes before you swear in you go over a bunch move paperwork and with it your flight information

Great, thank you for the reply! Look forward to sharing in this experience with all of you!

Anyone know the Christmas Break leave dates for bmq ? do you know when they shut down the base and when the recruits will be required back ?

has anyone there at the mega had any actual paperwork behind this? or is it just hear say amongst the courses? any staff confirm/deny ? it would make sense as my course start is nov 3 and grad date is feb 19 3wk break makes sense.

SarahRad said:
I was told Christmas Leave was Dec 13 - Jan 4th.

I heard this as well--nothing's been confirmed from any staff though. I haven't been able to speak with any members who can confirm it begins that early.

My husband is currently in the CF and those are the dates for Christmas leave, in assuming that the staff at the mega get/want their Christmas leave ours will be the same (it's usually the same dates every year).

My son just left for BMQ today. I emailed cflrs this direct question a few weeks ago as I was trying to arrange our Christmas plans
This is an excerpt from their response to my email:
"The Christmas break at CFLRS will take place from December 12th to January 4th. Candidates will soon be provided with all the details related to their leave."
Hope that helps!
:)

thank you so much! family will be glad to hear it, and now begin a trip somewhere HOT :D!!!

Sounds great! But just remember -- never trust anything in the military until you have that signed leave pass in your hands! Things can change at any given time and it would suck to make plans only to have a wrench thrown in them due to a schedule shift no matter how small! Don't make plans until you hold your signed leave pass!

Effing right!! Now im stating to get the nervous feeling the others talked about haha!!

Can't wait!!! These few days will feel like eternity. Excited to meet all of you, to know who I will be suffering next to! Haha

Back