• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ Regular Force 2005 - 2017 [Merged]

Damn boy. You are going to tower over me. I'm 5'3 (and a female, but still).

I'm coming out of Alberta, and flying all over Canada to get there on the 3rd.

R0063E for me.

just some tips about basic training. bring cleaning supplies such as mr.clean magic erasers, swiffer pads etc. you will use them trust me. dont worry about the picture frame i had a photo booth slip in mine for 3 weeks and they didnt say anything. dont sweat the small stuff and everything else is pretty straight forward. also, bring enough supplys (shampoo, towel, clothes etc) for the first 4 days because you wont get your uniforms until about the 4th or 5th day youre there.

ShaneB said:
just some tips about basic training. bring cleaning supplies such as mr.clean magic erasers, swiffer pads etc. you will use them trust me. dont worry about the picture frame i had a photo booth slip in mine for 3 weeks and they didnt say anything. dont sweat the small stuff and everything else is pretty straight forward. also, bring enough supplys (shampoo, towel, clothes etc) for the first 4 days because you wont get your uniforms until about the 4th or 5th day youre there.

I'm not going to BMQ yet but would you suggest like a small bottle of shampoo for the first four days and then buy some from canex or something? Or just bring the 71ML bottles?

Moore said:
I'm not going to BMQ yet but would you suggest like a small bottle of shampoo for the first four days and then buy some from canex or something? Or just bring the 71ML bottles?

personally i brought my own bottle. you dont need to buy everything from the canex, bring your own stuff because when you need to buy all your canex supplies (shoe polish, locks etc.) the bill adds up fast. so bring as much stuff from home as you can unless it says to buy it at the canex. dont bring like 50 pounds worth of luggage though, im on the 11th floor and they will make you carry your bags up the stairs. Also, bring mouth wash because its a part of your inspection layout and it doesnt hurt to use the mouth wash right before inspection.

if you have anymore questions feel free to ask. im currently in week 6 at BMQ but home for the holidays

ShaneB said:
personally i brought my own bottle. you dont need to buy everything from the canex, bring your own stuff because when you need to buy all your canex supplies (shoe polish, locks etc.) the bill adds up fast. so bring as much stuff from home as you can unless it says to buy it at the canex. dont bring like 50 pounds worth of luggage though, im on the 11th floor and they will make you carry your bags up the stairs. Also, bring mouth wash because its a part of your inspection layout and it doesnt hurt to use the mouth wash right before inspection.

if you have anymore questions feel free to ask. im currently in week 6 at BMQ but home for the holidays

Did you fail ENGLISH class?

ShaneB said:

Ok, thanks a lot for your response. If I have anymore questions I'll send you a message. Oh and for future reference atleast use capital letters when you post. ;)

Flatliner said:
There were only four people swearing in here and only two of us are going for Jan 5th.

There were 15 people at mine. 14, because one dude dropped. It was interesting. Can't wait to meet all of you. We'll use tall as fuck Spencer as a beacon to meet up.  ;D

See everyone there. I'll be flying out of pearson international on the tenth.

Hey guys, I'm being sworn in at 11:30 on February 5th in Oshawa. Who else is going February 9th? My course serial is 0074E.

dortun said:
I am but on the French platoon

Nice man, I'm not sure which platoon I'm in yet unfortunately.

Edit: Course Serial 0074E

What a terrible time for me to come down with a cold. It's making my workout/jogging routine atrocious. Hopefully it clears up sooner rather than later so that I can get back on track. Time is winding down quickly.

Some one might appreciate this so I figured I'd share :

My local Shoppers Drug Mart has cheap watches on sale for $9.99 labelled as 'Stocking Stuffers'.  They certainly are China made junk, but they work, are perfect for abusing, they fit the requirements outlined in the CFLRS joining instructions, and most importantly they are an option instead of spending $50-$300 on a decent watch. (I like the G-Shocks but what I really want is a Suunto Core - I think I'll get one as a present to myself if I successfully graduate trade school.)

In the meantime this junk watch will do for daily tasks at BMQ.  If anyone can't find one locally and would like me to pick one up (men or women's) shoot me a message and I'll be happy to help. 

Best & Happy holidays,

Back