• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ Regular Force 2005 - 2017 [Merged]

Hmm, it says in my Enrolment Letter I will be on BMQ Course 0068E on the 7th of February. However, I guess if I am on that course the date has been changed to January 26th. Just out of curiosity when did you get your call? Also, when are you swearing in? 

[Edit:]

Opps, my bad, just noticed your Sig. Maybe we will be in the same BMQ, same swear-in date and same course number. I guess I will know more when I head out to my recruiting centre.

Either way congratulations and good luck!

First of all, there's already a thread for this bmq date here: http://army.ca/forums/threads/117306.0.html

Also, platoon numbers for February 9th course are as follows; R0073F, R0074E and R0086F

The platoon number R0068E is an English course for January 26th.

Sorry about that. I was just going by the info I was provided with from my recruiter. The email stated that my BMQ (0068E) would start February 7th. With all this new information I will obviously have to talk to my recruiter tomorrow and find out exactly what is going on, haha. The difference between a January 26th date or February 9th start is quite significant.

JeffGreen8 said:
Sorry about that. I was just going by the info I was provided with from my recruiter. The email stated that my BMQ (0068E) would start February 7th. With all this new information I will obviously have to talk to my recruiter tomorrow and find out exactly what is going on, haha. The difference between a January 26th date or February 9th start is quite significant.

Do you still have the email? It literally says the wrong information?

Yes I do. However, I did receive the email quite some time ago. It is certainly possible that information has changed since then. I will get it all figured out tomorrow and then report back to whatever thread I belong to, haha.

JeffGreen8 said:

Not to stir the pot, but yes, you should check with them ASAP to make sure.  This would not be the first or last mistake involving bureaucracy in the history of government organizations.  Mistakes happen, government is not immune... even with the help of fancy letterheads.  My application process alone has had some rather impressive blunders so far - nothing I'll get into on here though.  It helps if you just roll with the mistakes, but definitely keep a sharp eye and don't hesitate to stay on top of errors / ask for clarification. 

Ps - Keep a copy of every document, correspondence, receipt or anything you sign from the beginning of your career to the end of your career.  You'll likely need them someday, hopefully not, but it's likely... My dad was in the RCMP and he called it his 'war chest' - comes in handy when they suddenly ask you about something you signed 17 years ago and they claim you never did.  Keep it all. 

Best,

Yes it is very odd that you're in 0068E because that is my platoon and I am starting next Saturday Jan 26th. Maybe someone made an oops on your start date? or maybe someone made a oops on your platoon? I received my offer at the end of November, and swore in December 11th.

Just talked to the recruiter, there was an oops on the course number. I will be with the February 9th crew on course 0074E.

Feel free to close this thread.

JeffGreen8 said:
Starting February 9th with 0074E as Infantry. Can't wait to see you guys there!

Good to hear you're on feb 9th after all! I'll pm you.

Scrap422 said:
I'm seriously starting to feel like I'm the only female in R0068E

There will be more, I assume they just probably aren't on this site or in the Facebook group.

Our last weekend at home before departure to BMQ.  Hopefully everyone enjoys it and stays safe.

Been a year and I just got my call. I am so excited but I let myself go over the holidays so I am sort of freaked out by my physical state. Does anyone know if there are prep classes near or in Toronto? I thought I had read that there was somewhere but I can't find it right now. Any info would be great!

Anyone else gotten a call for this date?!?! I am going for Supply Tech!

Just a suggestion but look up the 5x5 strong lift program and get into some push up and pull up body weight exercise. From what I've been told lots of squats.

Clerk79 said:
Hey guys and gals! I swear in on the 20th in Halifax and will see you there on the 24th! RMS Clerk Navy :) Busy getting my kit list together and spending time with my family and getting in the last good workouts I can. Super nervous but excited. Anyone else leaving from Halifax?

Over here :)
I am having my swear in on the 22nd and leaving on the 24th as well. I got offered Nav. Comm. I am also spending these last few days with family but mostly working, tomorrow is my last day, and cleaning my house so my wife doesn't have to much to deal with.

Clerk79 said:
Yes, I am actually just started attending the Force Prep classes in Halifax and and will be able to try a Force Test before I leave as well which I am super thankful for. A little worried about the rushes.
Where are they having them? I would love to try a bit before we leave just so I can know what I'm getting into.

AlphaBravo said:
0068E here ☺️ I'm still nervous about the flying aspect because this will be my first time flying on my own. I am not even sure how I go about checking in for my flights or I have to or not haha.
Any lay overs or just direct?
Vancouver airport is very nice and easy to navigate you'll be fine.

JAGWIRE said:
Over here :)
I am having my swear in on the 22nd and leaving on the 24th as well. I got offered Nav. Comm. I am also spending these last few days with family but mostly working, tomorrow is my last day, and cleaning my house so my wife doesn't have to much to deal with.
Hello fellow Nav Comm! Nice to see someone with the same trade. Which platoon are you?

Back