• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ Regular Force 2005 - 2017 [Merged]

JamesDuke93 said:
Hi guys, first post on this forum. Had to create an account because my question is driving me nuts. I called CFRC the other day and they told me my background check was in and they were just waiting for a MCC to check it off and then I would be merit listed. The Sgt told me within days.

Do you think they will try and get me in for the July 27 BMQ? AND...DeskJockey43 how did you find out when selections were for your trade? Recruiting centre has been really helpful, but getting any specifics is hard from some of them over the phone.

Thanks!
________
Recruiting Centre: Hamilton
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade choice 1: Infantry
Applied: Jan 13 2015
CFRC Contact: Feb 2 2015
CFAT: March 21 2015
Medical: April 28 2015 - PASSED
Interview: May 4 2015 - PASSED
Background Check: June 9, 2015
Merit Listed: ?
Position offered:
Swearing in:
BMQ:
It's hard to say. There are so many applicants right now for combat arms that the position may be filled. You might be looking at August BMQ which is still pretty good for applying in January.
I'm out of CFRC Hamilton as well and it's taken me a year and 10 months to get a position offered. Sit tight budd, your time will be up soon!

deskjockey43 said:
Rpatten1152:  yes, you are lucky it went so fast, though I am sure it didn't feel fast while you were waiting ;).  Congrats on getting the call!  I started all this back at the end of October myself, due to some minor hoops to jump through, I am now (sort of) patiently waiting for my call.

Thanks deskjockey43! Yeah 2 month gaps between my steps sucked, but I was lucky that I had a competitive application. My MCC told me that there was a lot of people applying for combat arms lately.

I had to wait about a year to deal with some personal stuff before being able to re-activate my application. I went to the recruiting centre to do this (very very excited!!) and was told to book a medical update (before they sent my application on to Ottawa) via email with the booking clerks. I've followed up but over two weeks later still no appointment... I don't want to be a pain but I also don't want to get lost in the great paper shuffle! Anyone have any ideas on nice ways to ask what's next and who to ask? The last information I got was "we are waiting for our intake management to select you for further processing". And I have no idea what that means - yes, I've looked for threads with this information and haven't found anything. If you know something I don't, help? please?  :cdn:  :nod:

[size=8pt]Recruiting Centre: Victoria
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade choice 1: RMS clerk
Applied: June 2014
CFAT: Passed July 2014
Medical: July 2014/ Update: ?
Interview:
Merit Listed:
Position offered:
Swearing in:
BMQ:
[/size]

It means you have not been selected for further processing so you'll just have to wait. Many of us here have been in the same boat so just be patient :)

Please be aware of the forum in which you are posting.

From the "Read First" thread http://army.ca/forums/threads/115341.0.html:

"If you are a Canadian Armed Forces member or work in recruiting, and notice a discrepancy in the information provided in this section, please private message one of the team members and we will rectify the issue as soon as possible. Keep in mind that the members of this team work for the Canadian Forces Recruiting Group Headquarters, and therefore have access to the most recent policies."

I have checked and have found that this course is in Meaford or Shilo. Is this still true and how is it determined where you'll go?

Does anyone know of anyone else attending this BMQ? I don't want to start another topic with the same name as this to inquire as to who has been selected.

GraemeCaughill said:
Have you called your cfrc?? You may actually already be merit listed. Usually it's up to you to call and find that out, what trades are you going for?
Give them a call, might get some encouraging news. I know I did.

My recruit officer was away last week so I will have to check this week to see, and the trade I applied for is Combat Engineer, same as you I believe.

CanadianTiger said:
My recruit officer was away last week so I will have to check this week to see, and the trade I applied for is Combat Engineer, same as you I believe.
Hmm well def check in, I think that the selections for combat engineer for end of July might be full but I think they are taking combat arms again in august.
Good luck, keep calling for updates!

Spoke with a recruiter today... My re-enrollment waiver 'should' be back on Friday and my background check was started on the 11th. So that's good news I suppose. Non of my references have been called yet, but given how the background checks seem to have been going lately, I'm not surprised. He did say that Veh tech, the trade I'm applying for, is still wide open and very in demand, so that's something. Told me to call back next week for hopefully a better update.

Colta said:
Spoke with a recruiter today... My re-enrollment waiver 'should' be back on Friday and my background check was started on the 11th. So that's good news I suppose. Non of my references have been called yet, but given how the background checks seem to have been going lately, I'm not surprised. He did say that Veh tech, the trade I'm applying for, is still wide open and very in demand, so that's something. Told me to call back next week for hopefully a better update.
That's Great! Very encouraging news! Good luck and I hope to hear you're merit listed soon.

Got word from one of my references... he just got called today! :D I'm so pumped! Hoping I'm merit listed soon!

shehasgreeneyes said:
I got my offer last week for July 27th BMQ. I will be swearing in July 15th in Toronto. See you there!

Congrats!!

I got word last Friday that my re-enrollment waiver is back and approved and that my background check was just waiting on confirmation from my school and one last employer before that will be done, hoping to be merit listed this week!

I got offered Weapons Engineering Technician (Navy). (I just made this profile and I updated my information so now it's all displayed for everyone to see)

Colta said:
Congrats!!

I got word last Friday that my re-enrollment waiver is back and approved and that my background check was just waiting on confirmation from my school and one last employer before that will be done, hoping to be merit listed this week!

I hope everything goes smoothly for you! Best of luck.

I am awaiting a letter of employment, for everyone else going to BMQ good luck.

Back