• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ Regular Force 2005 - 2017 [Merged]

Lots of running... so much running. Have I mentioned I hate running? hah It'll be a good time, we'll all be there to help each other out!

Hi AllSmiles,

yes indeed the 3 day Military Police Assessment at Borden was very structured and competitive , but I was lucky enough to make it through.

I am 22 and yeah I am excited but experiencing mixed feelings about BMQ. Excited and Nervous at the same time since after BMQ, I still have certain courses to take where my graduation date when I am a badge holding Peace Officer is approximately January 11,2017.

Drio I'm in the same boat, I was expecting to have 3 more months to prepare....turned out to be 1.
Its ok though, we'll do what we can now and keep our heads on tight.

AllSmiles said:
How old are all you guys?
Anybody nervous yet?

I'm 23. Also all I'm really doing is 5am runs 3 times a week & some pushups. Everything will fall into place once basic starts. The training starts off pretty slow too, even if you're not in shape now, you will after about 2 weeks in, not including indoc period since that first week there is only admin & acquiring kit.

Hi Everyone,

I'll be joining you all as well on the 25th. In another thread I said the 23rd but that is just the date I am to report to St-Jean.  I live just outside of Montreal so I'll be getting a lift there from ol' mama-bear.

My understanding is that we are to arrive on the Saturday before 2000hrs, roam around like a bunch of newborns and MAYBE get some sleep.  Sunday, it sounds like we do more roaming around, get acquainted with one another and later in the day get some instruction on what will happen at 0500 Monday morning. I bet that whatever it is, it's gonna be awesome.

Looking forward to meeting you all! I added myself to the FB group so once I get the OK I'll post a little something.

Cheers guys I'm stoked!

Just a little thing buy everything you can  at Wal-Mart not at the Canex like the recruiters tell you and oh yeah bring some swiffers cloths and wet , and some wet ones ....

Week 6 recruit :)

xshafted said:
The training starts off pretty slow too, even if you're not in shape now, you will after about 2 weeks in, not including indoc period since that first week there is only admin & acquiring kit.

myself, nervous plus excited. Went from heavy lifting before my app to functional training and conditioning for BMQ. Bit of a 180.

I do like that we gradually work up to the 5km run and the 13km ruck but don't forget that we have to meet the standard for all 4 components of the Force Evaluation test in week 0. If you don't meet the standard to one or more of the components, you join the specialized fitness program for a min of 28 days to get fit.

Here's a link if anyone needs/wants the info to reference:
https://www.cfmws.com/en/AboutUs/PSP/DFIT/Fitness/FORCEprogram/Pages/About-the-FORCE-Program.aspx

Probably best to show up in good shape to prevent failing.

Get into the routines. Your canteen is your life so guard it like its your baby unless told by the instructor. Bring swiffer sweeper with the wet and dry pads. Bring a crap ton of different meds (Ibruprofen, acetaminophen, cough and cold pills, sinus pills, pepto bismol pills, whatever else you can think of). You will get sick, I can guarantee it. Never take anything personally. Only you can fail. They're there to break everybody and build everybody.

Week 7 Candidate

Awesome! Congrats! how long did it take to get a response that you are in? Also what is the pay like

Eb1443 said:
how long did it take to get a response that you are in?

TIMINGS - ESTIMATED TIMES FOR_______________ 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/81054.0

Eb1443 said:
Also what is the pay like

Are you applying for Regular Force or Reserve?

Eb1443 said:
I have been interested in joining the military as a reservist for a long time.

Eb1443 said:

This is a Regular Force BMQ.

Pay Rates are here,
http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/caf-community-pay/pay-rates.page

To queue in with the congrats and stuff im back from my Christmas vacation the same day you guys start! Week 7 out of 12 so I'll see you guys around the smoker areas and stuff!

You'll see. It gets easier with time! Just keep your heads up and you'll get through it :)

Happy new year gents and ladies

I was to be there with you but it appears life gets in the way.  My childcare fell through and I have to turn down my offer.  I'm pretty upset about it but I'm a mom and that means sacrifices.  I want to wish you all success and perhaps in the future, I'll be able to join you.

Got some pretty awesome news! I officially know now that I do not need to attend court on Feb. 1st. So I will see all of you in a month! Truly look forward to meeting everyone. Anyone else coming from the east coast?

Back