• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ September 2007 - ALL locations Thread

NJL said:
Doubt it very strongly... most people wait at the very least a couple weeks to begin their MOC training

So we just go home and wait?  With pay?  Or what do you do in between BMQ and MOC ?

Testify said:
So we just go home and wait?  With pay?  Or what do you do in between BMQ and MOC ?

I suppose you thought to use the SEARCH function and see what has been said about this in previous posts........... ?

George Wallace said:
I suppose you thought to use the SEARCH function and see what has been said about this in previous posts........... ?

You supposed correctly.  With the recent removal of the SQ course and making the MOC training longer, it wasn't easy finding a good answer for my question.

Edit:  Ah after an hour I found my answer.  And the answer is "depends".  I'm just going to assume I get it off.

Testify said:
You supposed correctly.  With the recent removal of the SQ course and making the MOC training longer, it wasn't easy finding a good answer for my question.

Edit:  Ah after an hour I found my answer.  And the answer is "depends".  I'm just going to assume I get it off.

Bad assumption.  Research PAT platoon, also PRETC.

Meridian said:
Bad assumption.  Research PAT platoon, also PRETC.

There weren't any results on here, or on google for "PAT Platoon", or "PRETC". What do the acronyms stand for? Maybe I could punch the full term in.
Or you could just tell us..

I'll be there. Just got the call today. Going for Armoured Crewman.

ah its not to long ago i was on army.ca looking through BMQ date forums LOL. Good luck and the best advice do not QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheers:

I just searched PRETC and got very many hits.....  Remember when you use the search in the Recruiting section, it only searches Recruiting...

Interestingly enough, Google also returned valuable results for PRETC AND PAT.  And it refers to Army.ca!

http://www.google.ca/search?source=ig&hl=en&q=PRETC&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

PAT = Personnel Awaiting Training
PRETC = Post Recruit Education Training Centre

I just received the call today for Sept 10 BMQ at St. Jean.  Leaving from Calgary, AB.  I got what I wanted Infantry and will be placed somewere with Princess Patricia.  Cant wait to drop the nailgun for a rifle.  Guess i better get out there and start running.

Hello! I was called yesterday (Mon JUL. 24) to confirm I'd been selected for Airforce RMS clerk, BMQ start date Sept 10 - Dec 14/ St. Jean. However, my name was 3rd in the pile for my new file manager to call me with my formal offer. I was told to definitely expect the call today and it was ok to start letting family/friends know my dates, etc.... I am coming from Edmonton, AB. Hope all the "hopefuls" get their call soon, it pays to keep up on your file without being too annoying by calling overly-often!! I think one would be safe to at least check once/ week, it paid off for me! :)

Thanks Everyone!!! and to close the waiting chapter, I recieved "The CAll" this afternoon and updated my progress in the Application samples thread. Good Luck to you who are awaiting your offers.
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I just found out that I'm starting BMQ on Sept 10th too so I'll see you all there!

Hi all, I too am heading to St-Jean sept 3rd, joining as clerk. Can't wait to meet ya all there!! Terrified but excited!

Oh My.. I am so excited I could pee my pants..
no really..
I finally completed my interview and medical today in Calgary. When I was done the interview the officer said that I more doubled the minimum requirement for my chosen trade and that he is going to push to have me merit listed for today and that I should start planning to be sworn in within the next two weeks as It looks like I will be flying out for BMQ either Sept 4th or Sept 10th and that I should start making preparations!  I almost hugged that man!

So I guess that means I will be joining everyone else who is going to BMQ in September..  Oh and in case anyone asks my trade is Communicator Research Operator

Back