• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ September 2007 - ALL locations Thread

justascubadiver said:
Oh My.. I am so excited I could pee my pants..
no really..
I finally completed my interview and medical today in Calgary. When I was done the interview the officer said that I more doubled the minimum requirement for my chosen trade and that he is going to push to have me merit listed for today and that I should start planning to be sworn in within the next two weeks as It looks like I will be flying out for BMQ either Sept 4th or Sept 10th and that I should start making preparations!  I almost hugged that man!

So I guess that means I will be joining everyone else who is going to BMQ in September..  Oh and in case anyone asks my trade is Communicator Research Operator

congrats,  what trade are you going in for?

ksullivan_139 said:
congrats,  what trade are you going in for?
justascubadiver said:
...Oh and in case anyone asks my trade is Communicator Research Operator

edit: was having a time getting quotes to work right... heh

not really. I must have still been half asleep when I read that post didn't even see the trade in there

gpowell said:
I'm going to St. Jean on Sept3. I'm from Kingston and going into Field Artillery. Hope to see you guys there   :)

Good to see a gunner in the mill, I'll be there on BMOQ just before you get ther, but we'll probably be at RCAS Gagetown at the same time.

ArtyNewbie said:
Good to see a gunner in the mill, I'll be there on BMOQ just before you get ther, but we'll probably be at RCAS Gagetown at the same time.

nice, good to know someone who will be artillery. do you know any other future gunners that we'll meet?

Theres about 5 Arty Offr's on my course, and no doubt 3 or 4 per recruit course (Arty is hurting people wise) We were considered a "red" or severely distressed trade this FY, the Bird Gunners were OK but the Mud side for NCM's is in the same boat as the officers. So in short there should be more than a few out there.

All those that are starting in September, I really hope I get to join you. I gave my application about 6 weeks ago, did the aptitude TAFC "Test Aptitude des Forces Canadiennes" this Thursday's and I'm scheduled for the medical the 21st of august. My recruiting center had no appointment left for august, I just hope I will get lucky when I call Monday. Since I live about 30 minutes from St-Jean, all I need is to get the phone call the day before.

When do you get to chose if you want the BMQ in French or English? I speak both perfectly an still I'm undecided about which language I should pick. Plus, since I plan on going with the Royal 22e Regiment, and that my infantry training would be done in French, should I do my BMQ in English to familiarize myself with he English terms?

Anyways, I hope I will see you guys in September. I left my waiting job early august hoping one month of vacation would be enough. I can't imagine myself waiting a second one; I don't know what I would do to kill time.

DecoyQc, if you will be taking your Infantry training in French and then going to the R22eR, I recommend that you also take your BMQ in French.  That way you will start to build a consistent vocabulary from the start.  As I am sure you know, not everything translates literally, and you shouldn't start your Infantry training with the extra burden of catching up on a second version of some of the military vocabulary and usage.

Wow, not even 3 minutes for a reply.

Thank you Mr O'Leary.

Michael O'Leary said:
you shouldn't start your Infantry training with the extra burden of catching up on a second version of some of the military vocabulary and usage.

What you say makes a lot of sense and I will follow your advice. I've been going to school and working in English for the past 8 years of my 20 years existence. It will just be weird to go back in French.

Since most of the recruits here will probably do their BMQ in English, I wish you all good luck.

Anyone else going to borden for the September 4th-December 7th BMQ?

Im just awaitng my call they told me to wait til the 15th of aug, and its the 13th I cant ****in wait lol. I hope to be in BMQ for september

I'm flying out Sept 8 for a Sept 10- Dec 14 BMQ in St Jean. Going Airforce RMS clerk. I am a tad older than most recruits (37) vise most of the 20-somethings joining, but this is what I've always wanted to do so I am making the career change for myself! My boys are older now (15 and 11), so it should not be too bad leaving them for my training (less traumatic than if they were younger! ;). Anyway, I'm nervous and excited, but willing to do my best and overcome this challenge. What a wonderful reward at the end of it all! Can't believe it's 3 weeks away!
:)

Topic says it all. I would like to see if anyone on this forum is leaving the same time I am

I just called the recruitment office today, I will be starting BMQ on September 10th!!!! I will be doing my BMQ in Borden Ontario!!!!

Infantry NCM RCR is where im going to be going once finished with training  8)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Thanks to everyone who answered my questions I appriciate the time taken, Good luck to everyone in St-Jean, GOOD luck to everyone else who will be leaving in the future!!

IM OFF TO GO TRAIN!

Back