• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ - St. Jean - March 2011

dev_tech said:
You are a scholar and a gentleman, sir.

Gentlewoman would be more accurate ;) Enjoy your smoked meat, enjoy BMQ, get out of the MEGA as often as you're allowed and make a point to get to Club Super Sex! If you don't, it's like going to Washington, DC and not visiting the Lincoln Memorial, blasphemy! 

dev_tech said:
I've been warned about the dreaded "gastro" by several people; is it really that much of an issue?

Squeeze say, 1500-2000 people from all over Canada who bring the germs from their corners of the planet, into small quarters where all 1500-2000 people share the same kitchen, bathrooms, classrooms, door handles... hand rails... smoking areas... water fountains... and then you get a few idiots who don't wash their hands and spread their germy-goodness all around the mega and you are ripe for a nice season of gastro. Get one of those mini hand-sanitizer bottles and keep it with you (and um, use it?!?!?!). Use the hand-sanitizers they provide for you at the entrances to the mess hall... and do yourself a favour by washing your hands often.

I mean, really? Do you want to get recoursed because you spent a few days pukin' and crappin' and coughin' and the such?

Yea, it's a big issue. It spreads like wildfire among your floor....

(sorry but I've had it several times since being there and I am now a self-proclaimed germ nazi)

armychick2009 said:
Yea, it's a big issue. It spreads like wildfire among your floor....

(sorry but I've had it several times since being there and I am now a self-proclaimed germ nazi)

As has been posted, ad nauseum and will be advised: wash hands often and try not to touch hands to mouth or eyes too often before #1.

dev_tech said:
What is THE best smoked meat/pastrami joint in Montreal?  Living that close to gastronomic awsomeness, I need details.  No pork.

Just outside of Montreal but, Smoked Meat Pete's.....

http://www.smokemeatpete.com/

Great shawarma place on the NW corner of Crescent and Maisonneuve as well. Have to have the potatoes with garlic sauce.

Ok, it may have been almost ten years now since I was last at the MEGA, but we never had hand sanitizer back then and we survived just fine. If your immune system is so weak you can't handle BMQ, I seriously question your abilities to handle the disease ridden third world countries to which you may be sent. Just saying!

ringknocker82 said:
Ok, it may have been almost ten years now since I was last at the MEGA, but we never had hand sanitizer back then and we survived just fine. If your immune system is so weak you can't handle BMQ, I seriously question your abilities to handle the disease ridden third world countries to which you may be sent. Just saying!

It's not because you had it shitty that everyone after you has to have it that way too. You may recognise the word "progress".

::)

......and i did basic in St-Jean about 10 years before you. I will now also question your ability to withstand anything i wish.

Cool ?

CDN Aviator said:
It's not because you had it shitty that everyone after you has to have it that way too. You may recognise the word "progress".

::)

......and i did basic in St-Jean about 10 years before you. I will now also question your ability to withstand anything i wish.

Cool ?

So your definition of "progress" is using hand sanitizers to the point that if someone even mentions sneezing in the same room as you, you're bed-ridden for a week?  By the way, I work on a commercial plane everyday; a cesspool of disease and germs, yet, I'm never sick, go figure!

Cool?

ringknocker82 said:

I've been to disease-ridden countries before and left unscathed. I've also been a teacher for three years which involved lots of snot/puke/crap/piss/sneezing and I only got sick once missing only two days of class in that time. It all depends on the hygiene of your fellow platoon mates... some take it seriously, others not so much so. I'm just saying, do what you can within your control to lessen the opportunity for illness to happen...

Back