• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Bringing 'Em Back or Not? (I.D.'ed Cdn ISIS fighters, families, kids?)

Jarnhamar said:
Canadian member of Islamic State caught, but it’s unclear what charges he might face

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/exclusive-canadian-member-of-islamic-state-caught-but-it’s-unclear-what-charges-he-might-face/ar-BBO6WO6

No charges, room service and pay-per-view will be complimentary.

A high-profile Canadian member of the so-called Islamic State has been caught while attempting to return to Canada, Global News has confirmed.

Muhammad Ali, 28, who left Toronto in 2014 to join ISIS, was captured by Kurdish forces as he tried to flee from Syria to Turkey.

Global News interviewed Ali at a makeshift prison where he is being held by the U.S.-backed Syrian Democratic Forces, or SDF, the military alliance that controls northeast Syria.

The former Ryerson University student, who went by Abu Turaab Al-Kanadi, was taken into custody four months ago in Ras al-Ayn, on the Turkish border.

At the time, he was with his Canadian wife, former Vancouver resident Rida Jabbar, and their two children, both born in Syria.

His family is being detained at a camp not far from the prison where Kurdish, American and British officials have been interrogating Ali.

His capture is significant because, aside from serving as a sniper, Ali used social media to encourage others to join ISIS and conduct terrorist attacks .

Well, according to PM Trudeau, ISIS fighters can be “an extraordinarily powerful voice” in Canada...

Apparently our government (allegedly) proactively reached out to British ISIS fighter of some norioty, Jihadi Jack.

During question period on Tuesday, Conservative Opposition Leader Andrew Scheer asked Prime Minister Justin Trudeau to explain why Canadian officials had reached out to a British 22-year-old with Canadian citizenship who is imprisoned by Kurdish forces in Syria.

“This government proactively reached out to try to bring this individual, who has fought with a terrorist organization, back to Canada. They took it upon themselves to reach out to bring this individual to Canada, why?” Scheer demanded.

Trudeau responded to Scheer’s questions broadly, stating that his government takes “with the utmost seriousness, the threats posed by travelling extremists.”
https://www.google.com/amp/s/globalnews.ca/news/4557701/andrew-scheer-trudeau-jihadi-jack/amp/

The quote above doesn't do Trudeau's response justice. You really need to see a clip from said question period to see how skilled Trudeau is becoming at deflection.

Jarnhamar said:
Apparently our government (allegedly) proactively reached out to British ISIS fighter of some norioty, Jihadi Jack.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/globalnews.ca/news/4557701/andrew-scheer-trudeau-jihadi-jack/amp/

The quote above doesn't do Trudeau's response justice. You really need to see a clip from said question period to see how skilled Trudeau is becoming at deflection.

I think we should gift the returning fighters to the Yazidis. Justice and diplomacy all at once.

As much as I’m not a fan of Trudeau, seems like he handled this one correctly. There is obviously an intelligent gathering benefit from having a former extremist spy for Canada within Canada. And that if Jack starts causing trouble we have the tools to watch him closely.

[quote author=ontheedge] a former extremist spy for Canada within Canada. [/QUOTE]
Am I missing something here?

And that if Jack starts causing trouble we have the tools to watch him closely.

Lol no thanks. Let's not bring more terrorists into Canada.

We should be reaching out to him with an AMAX that's 1/2 inch in diameter...

NavyShooter said:

If feeding them to crocodiles isn’t an option, I guess I’d settle for Canada doing them with a .50

NavyShooter said:

I can think of a few things we could use to communicate with him:

RGM-84-Harpoon-042.jpg

I think Iraq has set the standard for 'severity and celerity', and gender neutrality, here:

'They deserve no mercy': Iraq deals briskly with accused 'women of Isis'

A Baghdad court has sentenced more than 40 foreign women to death after 10-minute hearings

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/may/22/they-deserve-no-mercy-iraq-deals-briskly-with-accused-women-of-isis

I feel this is absolutely the wrong thing to do.

For one, these cases would seem to meet the Criminal Code of Canada definition of treason; namely someone holding Canadian citizenship taking up arms against Canada or her allies. Yet we've heard no talk of prosecuting these "foreign fighters" or "travelling extremists", as the Government alternately calls them.

Secondly, their atrocities are not compatible with coexisting in civilized society.

Finally, having these individuals in Canada cheapens the citizenship of law-abiding Canadians, cheapens the service of CF members by essentially having the government in the role of fifth columnists, aiding and abetting the enemy, and dishonours the memory of CF members killed fighting extremism overseas. Presumeably an implicit reason for the effort in Afghanistan (in addition to the NATO obligation, and denying Afghanistan as a safe haven to extremists) was to avoid fighting extremists here by doing it  there. Why do that if we just turn around and let the enemy back? Why have Op Impact if we just welcome the enemy back, one of whom (M. Ali) has said that he no longer considers himself Canadian? This sickens me, and I know I can't be the only one.

Yes, there are some legal considerations - I get that - but if Trudeau can drag his feet on TMX and get nothing done, he could ld drag his feet on this too, and they could stay abroad indefinitely.

Time to go have a rage workout.

They can return to Canada, once they have been cleared of wrong doing in the country they committed the crime in or have served their sentence out.

Colin P said:
They can return to Canada, once they have been cleared of wrong doing in the country they committed the crime in or have served their sentence out.

As long as we don’t repatriate their remains after their death sentences.

Ramp ceremonies are for soldiers, not murderers and rapists.

There was an incredible podcast called Caliphate. Ten part series or something. Went into great detail and interviews with former ISIS Canadian. Highly recommend this podcast for folks interested in the subject. Major takeaway:  proving crimes overseas is a difficult task according to canadian criminal justice standards.

BurnDoctor said:
I feel this is absolutely the wrong thing to do.

For one, these cases would seem to meet the Criminal Code of Canada definition of treason; namely someone holding Canadian citizenship taking up arms against Canada or her allies. Yet we've heard no talk of prosecuting these "foreign fighters" or "travelling extremists", as the Government alternately calls them.

Secondly, their atrocities are not compatible with coexisting in civilized society.

Finally, having these individuals in Canada cheapens the citizenship of law-abiding Canadians, cheapens the service of CF members by essentially having the government in the role of fifth columnists, aiding and abetting the enemy, and dishonours the memory of CF members killed fighting extremism overseas. Presumeably an implicit reason for the effort in Afghanistan (in addition to the NATO obligation, and denying Afghanistan as a safe haven to extremists) was to avoid fighting extremists here by doing it  there. Why do that if we just turn around and let the enemy back? Why have Op Impact if we just welcome the enemy back, one of whom (M. Ali) has said that he no longer considers himself Canadian? This sickens me, and I know I can't be the only one.

Yes, there are some legal considerations - I get that - but if Trudeau can drag his feet on TMX and get nothing done, he could ld drag his feet on this too, and they could stay abroad indefinitely.

Time to go have a rage workout.

The Trudeau government just set the benchmark for cases like this, by making Omar Khadr a multi-milionaire, didn't they?

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/trudeau-defends-apology-and-105-million-payment-to-omar-khadr/article35623594/

ontheedge said:
proving crimes overseas is a difficult task according to canadian criminal justice standards.

Am I missing something?  Guy leaves Canada to join ISIS and we are worried about Canadian criminal justice standards.

Most of us on here are willing to put our lives on the line to defend the rights freedoms of Canadians and this mother fucker leaves to join an organization that throws people off buildings because of their sexual preference. 

He made his choice, he can live with it.    Fuck him.

ontheedge said:
As much as I’m not a fan of Trudeau, seems like he handled this one correctly. There is obviously an intelligent gathering benefit from having a former extremist spy for Canada within Canada. And that if Jack starts causing trouble we have the tools to watch him closely.

CAF SOF and Aircrew who served in that theatre might not agree with this opinion.  They worked hard over there to take individuals like this out;  they (ISIS) would not have given any quarter to Coalition/MESF forces who they got their hands on.  They proved this when they burned Jordanian pilot Lt. Muath al-Kaseasbeh alive in a cage and then smashed his charred corpse into the ground with a front-end loader.

Warning:  Extremely Graphic Video:  ISIS Burns Hostage Alive:  if you're interested, the cage on fire stuff starts at about 16:16, if your stomach is strong enough to see the horror this Officer suffered at his end.

Adult decisions come with adult consequences.  I feel no sorrow for any of them; neither would you if you knew some of the things that happened over there.  Do you really want this piece of shit and his kind in your backyard, because if they decided to fry you and yours, the Canadian Legal System would be able to do very little to stop them, if they were already in your backyard.  Think about it.  These people do not fear 'a legal system' and 'court ordered restrictions' and other bullshit like that.

RIP Lt. 

Eye In The Sky said:
CAF SOF and Aircrew who served in that theatre might not agree with this opinion. 

Neither would the Canadian soldier who was murdered 4 years ago today on Parliament Hill.

I'd say almost everyone that conducted ops/collected Int on IMPACT knows how sick and ruthless these monsters are. They conduct genocide, enslave young girls, torture/execute/mutilate prisoners...

We could have done a lot more to kill these assholes while they were over there. Hands were tied.

A lot of the evidence against these assholes will likely never see the light of day. So they will come back, and walk our streets freely - likely with the help of the Canadian taxpayer.

They are guilty of treason full stop. Any politician, lawyer, or bureaucrat that disagrees is just as guilty - IMO. BZ to the other countries hunting these guys down still, and BZ to the Iraqis (flawed as they are) for giving them the "trials" they deserve.

:2c:

Back