• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

British Military Current Events

I've been following the Irish Guards', and the Royal Irish Rangers', social media feeds for awhile and they're actually really good.

Must be something about the story telling culture of the Emerald Isle ;)
I wonder if the Irish Guards in particular are hiring, if that's it...or they're the only Guards Regiment in the Household division with their own social media feeds?

I wonder if the Irish Guards in particular are hiring, if that's it...or they're the only Guards Regiment in the Household division with their own social media feeds?

As I recall the Irish, Scottish and Welsh Regiments are all struggling more than the 'English' Regiments, or the 'nation-wide' regiments like the PARAs.

As a result, for example, you'll see alot of 'Caribbean' faces in the Scottish Regiments more often than in the past as they reach out and target Commonwealth countries, whose members can join as long as they qualify for a work permit in the UK.

1699557833203.png

As I recall the Irish, Scottish and Welsh Regiments are all struggling more than the 'English' Regiments, or the 'nation-wide' regiments like the PARAs.

As a result, for example, you'll see alot of 'Caribbean' faces in the Scottish Regiments more often than in the past as they reach out and target Commonwealth countries, whose members can join as long as they qualify for a work permit in the UK.

View attachment 81149
Seem to recall they were always recruiting Fijians quite a bit - wondering if it was as much for their rugby prowess as their warrior abilities...

Seem to recall they were always recruiting Fijians quite a bit - wondering if it was as much for their rugby prowess as their warrior abilities...
Both. And the Fijian desire for their families to live like kings with the exchange rate.

Worked with the Fijians in Egypt and they were more than happy to be there making massive amounts coin to send back. One fellow was on his 7th rotation because it was more lucrative than staying Garrison.

Population of England 55,980,000
Population of Scotland 5,454,000
Population of Wales 3,136,000
Population of Northern Ireland 1,885,000

The Royal Marines, Paras, Rifles and Rangers recruit from all of those populations.
The same goes for all the Gunners and Engineers and all the support troops.

England has amalgamated the rest of its troops into one or two dozen regiments.

Scotland is kidding itself on.

So let me get this straight…

Right-wing yobs go to the Cenotaph to protect it from pro-Palestinian mobs.

Pro-Palestinian mobs don’t show up.

Right-wing yobs cause trouble at the Cenotaph and insult the coppers for good measure. 100+ yobs arrested and some coppers get put in the hospital.

A PR success! Good show, lads! (y)

Fucking numpties…

Nice to see it running, but am I the only one that thinks its a bad idea to have tinny stowage bins on the side of your vehicle which males it a foot and a half wider than it needs to be?

:unsure:

Nice to see it running, but am I the only one that thinks its a bad idea to have tinny stowage bins on the side of your vehicle which males it a foot and a half wider than it needs to be?

:unsure:

Years of experience have shown the Cavalwy that it's dangerous to carry pressurized vessels, like champagne bottles, inside the crew compartment ;)

Back