• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

C Sqn standing up

Recce By Death said:
No. RSM just doing a spot check....and he has every right IMHO.     ;)

Regards

+1
(I was referring to the drug problem being bad)
Enforcing of rules and regulations....seems almost army like.
Kudo's to them for trying to clean up the regiment.About time.

There must be a lot of dope going around ( or rumors of) or I am sure the RSM wouldent have brought the dogs.  I hope they bust everyone of the bastards, they could get someone killed.

Ayup.... periodic clean up is necessary.... not just a reflection on the forces, a reflection on society as a whole.

RSM Lee is not a man who fiddles around at the edges of a problem (unlike some).  Bringing the dogs in is 100% in line with his character.  He would rather be mistaken and sure, than ignore the constant rumours floating around the Regt'l lines and hide his head in the sand.

Like he said to the Snr NCO's when he arrived at the regt.  "There's good news and there's bad news.  The good news is that I haven't changed... The bad news is that I haven't changed."

As for the Assault Troop thing apparently it makes more sense to those view deficient money counters in NDHQ to replace a single Assault Troop of 47 with a Troop of Engineers and a bunch of infantry. ::)

There is hope though folks, after all the word Tank is back in the lexicon of the new CF, perhaps pioneer and assault trooper will be added next.  It's like reverse newspeak! ;D

Reccesoldier said:
There is hope though folks, after all the word Tank is back in the lexicon of the new CF, perhaps pioneer and assault trooper will be added next.   It's like reverse newspeak! ;D

Hey maybe we'll get Mortar Pls back too.....

I know that when I heard that he was coming in I was chuckling a bit.

Younger troops were puzzled......

All I said is "You'll see"

He hasn't changed one bit....and I'm glad.

Regards

Speaking of C Sqn, I came across a CAT91 pic that I want to attach...hope it works.

Gnplummer421 :cdn:

And another....Grafenwhor 90 or so...looks like late fall.  C Sqn tanks

Spring_bok said:
Thats not a .50 solenoid, it's a Rad Tech.
Definitely a 50-cal, and definitely not a Sigs capbadge [those wrench-turners must have an awesome regimental fund from their kitshop, since they change names and badges every few years - - RCEME, LEME, LORE, EME...M O U S E   ;D ).

Maybe they saw the wisdom of the Infantry - - with a .50 spotting rifle on top of the 106 RCL ;)

Apparantly the big bullets cost too much, so we were using the .50's to pretend. The experiment did not last long. ::)

Journeyman said:
Definitely a 50-cal, and definitely not a Sigs capbadge [those wrench-turners must have an awesome regimental fund from their kitshop, since they change names and badges every few years - - RCEME, LEME, LORE, EME...M O U S E   ;D ).

Maybe they saw the wisdom of the Infantry - - with a .50 spotting rifle on top of the 106 RCL ;)
I stand corrected.  I forgot about the old EME capbedge.  And I see the .50 solenoid.  I was in A Sqn that year and I never heard about this experiment.  When CAT 91 rolled around I was in the big fest tent flipping burgers with Rich Lees and Wade Alexander.

No, I think it was prior to me going to Deutchland pre-87. It was Wainwright, but maybe RV85?

I scanned a couple more pics from Germany. This is one of C Sqn warming up the Hydraulics before leaving for the day.

C SQN standing up again??? Guess that is one of the downsides of being ERE. Always the last to know :(
I should ask for a posting just to get back into C SQN. Best times of my career have been spent with C in Gagetown and Pet.
Come to think of it...na...already have to certificates honouring the stand-down of C Sqn ;D Maybe I am bad luck.LOL

Glad to hear tanks are back in. As I always said..the pendulum will always swing but never rest.

C FORCE!

Back