• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CABA Diver Requal Course Info

eliminator

Reaction score
I'm loaded on CABA diver requal course for later this month and am wondering a few things:

What kind of dive ops is it? It appears that this course will have a mix of Ship's Divers and Combat Divers, so I cant see us doing all the ship ops like LMDE and Necklace Searches? What should I expect in terms of diving? Jackstay, Searches, Night Dive, Emergency Procedures? I guess there’s going to be the usual morning swims and PT?

Thanx

This may be a little outdated, as the last requal I was on was in '03, but you more or less re-learn basic diving subjects, with an emphasis on tables and actual diving (including the portions you mentioned above). The supervisor-qualified candidates were also put through their paces suping the dives. There was no PT or surface swims on my last one, but I would say that all depends on your course NCO as to whether or not they want you doing PT every morning.

During the LMDE / hull search portion of that requal, the Combat Divers were used to help the CD's out with preparations for some training they had coming up, as we didn't / don't do those types of ops in the Army diving world.

Of course, things have more than likely changed in the last 3 years, so take that with a grain of salt. Besides, the course is only 5 days in duration, so just remain flexible. The biggest thing to remember is to have your medical, dental, and PT evaluations all up-to-date and signed off in your log before you get there.

Otherwise, the course is a chance to get some half-decent bottom-time, and have some fun courtesy of either coast's night life  >:D

Thanx for the info. Yea, I'm all up to date on dental/med/express plus I have that sheet signed off by the dive doc so I dont have to hand carry my med docs. I even did that PIP "fill in the blanks" study  package thing. I'm looking forward to the course and seeing some old faces once again.

elim

Back