• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cadet Camp Experiences

GGHG_Cadet

Reaction score
Hey guys. I was wondering what kind of experiences all you other cadets had at camp this year. One of my favourite‘s at Connaught was at our Graduation Parade. We had the Basic Parachutist course on our Grad Parade. The top candidate jumped out of a Griffon attached to a guy qualified for low jumps right over our grad parade. It was awesome.

I‘ve done 4 Cadet camps, Basic, Cadet Leader, Cadet Leader Instructor Adventure, and Leadership and Challenge at Rocky Mountain National Army Cadet Summer training centre. This year I am going to do the Basic Parachutist course.

I have had a load of fun at camps, this year was by far the greatest, the training at RMNACSTC is amazing, and the sights you see are simply amazing. The staff there is great, the facilities are pretty much brand new, and theres a lot more freedom given to the cadets there due to them being senior cadets (You need NSCE to go there).

Hey, Air cadet here, i spent my time this summer on an Athletic Instructor Course at CSTC HMCS Ontario (aka RMC). Ive had some great times with cadets. Some of the best times were haveing all of A squadron (150cdts) doing the AI stomp (traditional attitude check) that and the AI wiggle lol im guessing you army cdt folks havent heard about those :p im in the process of joining the Royal Westminster Regiment B coy 39cbg so my cadet days are coming to an end :eek:

Good Luck in Para. My RSM is going to do it this year. He was going to do it last year but he got the highest mark in Ontario for his NSCE so he was given the choice to do any course but Para and he chose Maple Leaf Exchange. I want to do para too. I was talking to the cadets who did it. They said it is the hardest thing you will ever do in cadets.

Is your RSM Lau-Chapdelaine? He topped NSCE for Ontario this year.

Lau chap, did top at NSCE this year, he is RSM for the GGFG, he did an exchange this summer, than came to blackdown to do staff for a week in my company (alpha D&C) where i was a course cadet. Hes a pretty hardcorps guy, hes got 2-3 medals, badges all the way up his sleeves.
Sgt, RCAC

Oh wait my RSM did it in the latter part of 2002. BTW my RSM is named Greg King.What exchange did Lau-Chapdelaine do?

The ACE USA Exchange, having badges all the way up a sleeve and having medals doesn‘t make you "hardcore", its how you act and the respect from others that makes you "hardcore" if you will.

Anyone going to the ORA competition in Ottawa this coming weekend? (Oct 3-5)

Hey leopard11 was there anyone in your company named VanLeuwan? He is a corporal at his home corp. Oh yeah Maj McCabe was your Company Commander right? He was my corp‘s former CO.

first of all, i dindt say lau chap was a hardcore guy cause of his badges, it was just all in one sentence, sorry for the confusion.

Yes there was a vanluen in my corps, if i ever see him again ... well lets keep it at that. After what he did taking down the flags at camp(A Coy‘s responsibility) i think anybody would want to beat him senceless. And yes Maj McCabe was our OC. He is one of the greatest officers i have ever met. He was great for keeping moral up, and alround great officer. Also my Coy 2IC Capt Bonnell was a really great officer as well, new what he had to do, and always got it done (or from what i saw).
Sgt, RCAC

I know what u mean about VanLeuwan. I see him every thurs at my corp he has been in cadets 2 more years than me and we‘re the same rank. He is pretty slack. One time for a joke he ran into one of the classes with a fire extinguisher and used it on some cadets! What did he do with the flags?
Major McCabe is a great man always dropping by the corp whenever he can. Whenever he sees a cadet he doesn‘t know he‘ll go up to them ask em there name and get to know them great for morale. That‘s why we have named so many trophies after him.

among many other things:
climbed the flag pole, yelled crap out during flag lowering, kept moving before sunset(time stood at attention before flag goes down) and i dont mean figiting i mean walking around, Marhing back to coy lines with flag in hands yelling crap out, not marching back, completely disrespecting the flag out in public walking with flag infront of hundreds of other cadets, to name a few.
Sgt, RCAC

climbed the flag pole, yelled crap out during flag lowering, kept moving before sunset(time stood at attention before flag goes down) and i dont mean figiting i mean walking around, Marhing back to coy lines with flag in hands yelling crap out, not marching back, completely disrespecting the flag out in public walking with flag infront of hundreds of other cadets, to name a few.
Not to sound like a total thug or Neanderthal, but we had a guy like that on my survival instructor course in Bagotville. A bunch of us had finally had enough of him, so we duct-taped his wrists and ankles and took him out back into the bush. We didn‘t really hurt him, mind you, just made it clear we weren‘t going to take anymore of his sh*t.

And you know what? No one blabbed and he actually finished above most of us on the course. And he actually thanked us for straightening him out.

But that was in ‘91. . . .

Yea u cant even look at a cadet improperly anymore with out being charged with CHAP.
Sgt, RCAC

Yup, it‘s a **** shame to see so many people abuse CHAP to get out of doing things. It is however good for very serious cases, but those are a rare occurance.

Back