• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CADPAT - Winter Operation - CADPAT NBC Suit

Back to a more serious note, the issue of the new "bearpaw" snowshoes has been stopped, after 3VP broke half of the ones they were issued in a matter of weeks. The buckles are all - you guessed it - plastic that breaks in the cold. Another big thumbs up to those f****s at DLR. (Directorate of Land Requirements)

Yup those new snow shoes are junk, I have never ever had my old snow shoes give me blisters, 2k in the new ones and my feet were a mess, what a waste of time, what I want to know is who trialled this and why in gods name did they say they were good to go.

then again it could be a case of these are the ones your getting so tell us what you think but really who cares cause it wont make a lick of difference.

As for Arctic Cadpat, it's actually a good idea, no area except the tundra is a uniform white colour it's basic cam and concealment people, nature has nothing uniform, ask the recce guys and snipers what they do to their white, I know our snipers add grey and green splotches to their whites and ruck covers for the same effect as what the Arctic Cadpat is going for, I did the same with my whites and ruck cover.

HitorMiss said:
for Arctic Cadpat, it's actually a good idea, no area except the tundra is a uniform white colour it's basic cam and concealment people, nature has nothing uniform, ask the recce guys and snipers what they do to their white, I know our snipers add grey and green splotches to their whites and ruck covers for the same effect as what the Arctic Cadpat is going for, I did the same with my whites and ruck cover.

thats a good idea what paint did you use(colour and brand)?how did you do it and what patern did you use?

Any paint will do just ask CQ for some spray paint but don't go nuts the White should be the predominant colour still, as for pattern just splocthes little streaks here and there nothing fancy just enough to break up the white.

Caution!: before you do this make sure your chain is ok with it. Remember they could tell you that they want your whites as clean as possible and then what are you going to do if you painted them.

the ones i want to paint are the extra ones i baught and are a little on the off colour side anyway. :(

Having tried the new snow shoes in Meaford, I can honestly say they are garbage.  It's too bad they never listen to the guys in batallion who tell them that this equipment is garbage.  The shoe is great if all you do is walk and hump around kit in it.  But try running in it, and the range of motion is too great.  It becomes as easy as taking a step to roll an ankle badly.  What a waste of money too, the old snow shoe works fine.  Granted, its not the greatest piece of kit but it gets the job done.  Each of those snow shoes cost $300 a set.  Not to mention the rails on either side on the bottom of the shoe.  They are only bound in place by a screw on either end.  So when you start traversing over really rough terrain, the teeth get caught up and twist the rail badly out of shape, making the shoe NS.  I spent a whole day in Meaford stripping the damn things off the bottom so we could send them in to be reinforced and have an extra screw or two put in, in order to keep it from becoming NS.

The Winter CADPAT is a good idea I suppose, but again, its one of those things you have to see perform out in the field through hours and hours of platoon attacks to see whether or not its worth its weight in salt.

Also didnt the guy in the AR Cadpat in the middle have an AR Tacvest?

Yup. But I've never seen one in real life though. Same with the CADPAT gas mask pouch.

I have a picture of the AR tactical vest if you want to see it(too large to post). It`s not the same design as the current CADPAT TW TV. Its the old LBV but in AR CADPAT.

That type of AR LB Vest where deployed to Afghanistan too. If you take a look a this picture you will see that the soldiers worn it but its not a general issue, all the other have the TW Tactical Vest.

Oh and if you want one of them, just look here:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36068&item=6519108499&rd=1

soldiers301 said:
Oh and if you want one of them, just look here:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36068&item=6519108499&rd=1

Weird.  That's like the old LBV done in CADPAT AR...

GO!!! said:
Back to a more serious note, the issue of the new "bearpaw" snowshoes has been stopped, after 3VP broke half of the ones they were issued in a matter of weeks. The buckles are all - you guessed it - plastic that breaks in the cold. Another big thumbs up to those f****s at DLR. (Directorate of Land Requirements)

Great.... just after they made me turn in my snowshoes I've had since I was a platoon commander in 7 Pl, C Coy, 1 PPCLI.   I wish I had claimed I had lost them....

Redeye said:
Weird. That's like the old LBV done in CADPAT AR...

LOL exactly what it was.  I saw a few of them over there.  It was usually on a person that was...lets just say tactically overweight.

Back