• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CAF Reg Force Career Training

Mrbrad

Inactive
Reaction score
I have a question about the training as identified in my desired career path. I'm currently early in the application process and am looking forward to actually joining, but I'm curious to know about the 16 month training for my chosen career. If I get accepted and make it that far, will I move to Kingston with my family during the 16 months? Or will I need to wait until all training is completed before my family moves with me to the base I'm assigned to?

Thanks.

You will more than likely be required to live in barracks during your training, however there is the possibility to submit a memo to your chain of command to allow you to either live in a PMQ (if available) or to live on the economy. In my experience I was able to vacate the barracks to rent an apartment off base, that said, considering you will still be on the basic training list you will have to pay for the move of your family out of pocket if I am not mistaken.

I hope I'm on the right track with this information and if not, hopefully someone will correct me.

All the best with your process!

Mrbrad said:
I have a question about the training as identified in my desired career path. I'm currently early in the application process and am looking forward to actually joining, but I'm curious to know about the 16 month training for my chosen career. If I get accepted and make it that far, will I move to Kingston with my family during the 16 months? Or will I need to wait until all training is completed before my family moves with me to the base I'm assigned to?

Thanks.

A lot of things are dependant on your trade and your posting type to Kingston.  At CFSCE very few ACISS or ATIS Techs were allowed to live outside of the barracks while on or awaiting training.  For ACISS, even if you were allowed to live off base/PMQs while waiting training, you were normally ordered back into barracks for your course.  I am not sure on ATIS Tech as I was not in that training Squadron.

Mrbrad said:
I really appreciate your reply. Thanks for taking the time.

No worries at all! Again, all depends on what base your at and how your unit will handle things!

Thanks for the insight. I can't wait to experience this new career path.

Back