• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Call of duty 4

Anyonw know if they ever ended up releasing COD 3 on PC?  I have way to many problems trying to play First Person Shooters on gaming consoles to used to Computers

241 said:
Anyonw know if they ever ended up releasing COD 3 on PC?  I have way to many problems trying to play First Person Shooters on gaming consoles to used to Computers

nope they never released cod3 for PC, very disappointing.

Just picked it up for my PS3, love the views so far.  I have had a hard time getting over the loss of my mouse as I always played FPS on a PC.  But I wanted a Blue Ray Player and thought what the heck.  Since the purchase Las Vegas is a better place to live, since I cleaned up that town in RainBox 6 Vegas (was like being part of a movie)

Live in your world, Play in MINE!

kr1kit said:
well as opposed to how much they first cost when they came out. Yeah i ordered a new gaming laptop too, im keeping it at home though until i finish all training and then i'll bring it with me when i get posted.

Do you have the specs on your new gaming laptop? I have HP lastest laptop:

HDX 9050EO 20.1" widescreen laptop.

tiking said:

Very nice, however... 20 inch? so your battery lasts about 30 mins? :p, I myself have a dv9030, 17 inch and If i plan on doing any gaming I generally plug it in as my battery lasts about 1.5 hours at best

tiking said:

FORCE 3680 (Built on ASUS C90S)
15.4" WSXGA "Glare Type" Super Clear Ultra Bright Glossy Screen (1680x1050)
Intel Core 2 Duo "Conroe" E6600 2.4GHz w/ 4MB L2 Cache - 1066MHz FSB
512MB DDR2 PCI-Express nVidia GeForce 8600GT DX10 (User Upgradeable)
2,048MB (1 SODIMM) CORSAIR DDR2 667MHz Memory
Combo Dual Layer SuperMulti 8X DVDRW
160GB Seagate Momentus 3GB/S SATA 300 7200RPM Hard Drive
Internal 8-in-1 Card Reader: MMC/SD/Mini-SD/XD/Memory Stick/MS Pro/MS Duo/MS Pro Duo Internal Bluetooth 2.0+ EDR
Built-in Intel® PRO/Wireless 4965 802.11 a/g/n
Built in 2.0 Megapixel Camera
2+ Smart Li-ion Battery (6-Cell)

That's pretty much how long the battery last ;) But the sound is just awesome with more extra than any laptop. Actually, it should be called a walking Desktop ;)

JBoyd said:
Very nice, however... 20 inch? so your battery lasts about 30 mins? :p, I myself have a dv9030, 17 inch and If i plan on doing any gaming I generally plug it in as my battery lasts about 1.5 hours at best

HA!.....we have the same laptop my friend ;)

MedTechStudent said:
HA!.....we have the same laptop my friend ;)

LOL really? thats nuts, perhaps we should take this thread back on topic though.... did anyone else have a chance to beta COD4 MP? and if so... did you or do you plan to buy the game. If not why?

I personally will not be buying this game.  The reason is very complicated, but I will try to explain it to everyone.  I, am, poor!  :p

Not to mention, I like COD2, and Battlefield2...and I have both of them.  COD4 is modern combat, and I still really like that old WW11 simulation shooter game.  So for me it's not worth it.  Despite being the sweetest FPS ever.

MedTechStudent said:
I personally will not be buying this game.  The reason is very complicated, but I will try to explain it to everyone.  I, am, poor!  :p

Not to mention, I like COD2, and Battlefield2...and I have both of them.  COD4 is modern combat, and I still really like that old WW11 simulation shooter game.  So for me it's not worth it.  Despite being the sweetest FPS ever.

I myself am poor too... but thats another story... I love WWII FPS's pretty much all of them, COD, COD:UO, COD2, COD3, BF1942, BF2, RTCW, etc, but I have to give props to games like BF2142 and AA, and even the DC mods for BF, modern warfare seems to add a bit more of difficulty into the mix, I plan on getting COD4 eventually, althought probably not this xmas season, and if all goes well i will not be in a situation to play my 360 for most likely 8-9 months anyways :D

JBoyd said:
I myself am poor too... but thats another story... I love WWII FPS's pretty much all of them, COD, COD:UO, COD2, COD3, BF1942, BF2, RTCW, etc, but I have to give props to games like BF2142 and AA, and even the DC mods for BF, modern warfare seems to add a bit more of difficulty into the mix, I plan on getting COD4 eventually, althought probably not this xmas season, and if all goes well i will not be in a situation to play my 360 for most likely 8-9 months anyways :D

why did you put BF2 in the WWII category instead of with bf2142 and AA?

kr1kit said:
why did you put BF2 in the WWII category instead of with bf2142 and AA?

Because apparently I wasn't paying attention :p sorry.. yes it should have been included with AA and BF2142

check these pictures out, look how good of a job the research team for IW did.

http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/main/showthread.php?t=135989

Jboyd im the same as you. Love the original COD's (especially the tank levels which is why I loved UO so much). But hands down im more a Battlefield 42 and Nam' guy. Though Nam reminds me of every war movie mashed into one game and it didnt do too well. Battlefield 1942 was great, Forgotten Hope, the realism mod for that game was great. As well the modern mods were the best. As for COD 4...my comp cant handle BF2 (just need a better vid card :rage:) though maybe if they were to put some Canadians in...maybe even a level where you drive a Leo with the LdSH (RC) then the cars worn out cooling system can stay messed up for all I care.  ;D

The part that really changed the game for me was The aftermath, it made a pretty powerful statement.

Don't own a PS3 yet, but in my shacks' room we were playing COD4 and Rainbow Six Vegas 1 for ages....

Thought i would have heard more praise for consoles...I really don't know how you guys play games on PC's....I hate playing games with mouse and keyboard...very few games will I play on my PC, only games along the lines of Diablo, Baldur's gate, and those kinds of games, I could never imagine playing hockey or trying to snipe with a mouse a keyboard...I would just get mad and toss the game.

Give me a Xbox360 or PS3 controller over a pc for games ANY day

Will definitely be getting a PS3, and COD4 and Vegas 1 and 2

I play COD:4 , but would enjoy heli's and airstikes to be removed so people can get down to actually trying play a round, instead of spawning, dying by fallen nade only respawn in time for an air strike, followed by a never missing heli.

Other than that it's a decent attempt at 1st person time wasting, with a small degree of training the eye and finger.

cheers

Lone Wolf Quagmire said:
Great game but too short.
P.S. when you beat the game wait for all the credits to roll as there is one last mission on a plane.

I just finished it on the PS3 and was disappointed at how short it was...

I didn't know there was another mission at the end of the credits.  Time to fire it back up!

I admit I do play it from time to time, but the only issues I really have are 1) the helicopeters, and 2)that unless you are playing hardcore the fact that you can take so many rounds before going down. Plus the fact I suck at it.

Back