• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Calling all Zipperheads

I think the best choice for Canada would be the german Leopard 2S which is a modified version of the Leopard 2A5. 120 of these tanks were procurred by Sweden as the Stridsvagn 122. During trials held in Sweden the Leopard 2S defeated the M1A2 Abrams and French Leclerc in both firepower and mobility tests. On a side note the british Challenger 2 did not make it for the tests because it didn‘t catch the train to the proving grounds - kind of stupid on behalf of Vickers RO Defence. Anyway, The Strv-122 proved it can perform in an arctic climat and rough terrain - similar to what we have here in Canada. The Leo 2S can also be upgraded easily to Leopard 2A6 standard, utilising a 55-calibre smoothbore 120 mm cannon.
As for the Abrams, i think it would be just a little too expensive to maintain a fleet M1A2‘s. That gas guzzlin‘ turbine needs a lot of maintenance.

MASTER BLASTER...If it‘s not Chobham armour then what is it? I‘ve always been told it was(by Janes AFV, instructors etc..)

FUBAR...what‘s the price tag on these Panzers?

Regards

I can‘t get specific prices but I know that one of the main decisions for purchasing the german machine was it‘s lower price compared to the M1A2.

Master Blaster - The Abrams uses an american derivative of the british produced Chobham armor. The name comes from a town in the UK where it was developed and is used to describe all multi-layer composite armor types installed in various vehicles (Leopard 2, Challenger 1, 2, Type 90 and Leclerc).

Back