• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cambrian Patrol 2005

Seems like there is lots of confusion on who won what in what year. I guess some people are a little confused with their colours it seems. There has been 2 GOLD Medals won in the mountains of Wales, both from battalions of The Royal Canadian Regiment. First one being in 1997 by 2RCR and the second in 2004 by 3RCR. Good Luck for any Teams attempting the challenge, you'll learns lots from this exercise. As we all know the Brits do not consider the Patol as a competition, but as an exercise....a tough one! 

Silver Medal '03

I thought that this link might be of interest:  http://www.army.mod.uk/160bde/cambrian_patrol/

Hey there.

I was on 3RCR's team in 2005 for the patrol.  We placed silver.  Like others have mentioned who have done this event, it is most certainly an excellent opportunity to refine  basic soldiering skills and then put it to the test.  The experience there was invaluable to me.  I cannot specifically recall our budget, since I had nothing to do with it - yet I recall that it was around $100,000.  We went to Newfoundland to do extensive marching in Gros Morne, which was quite expensive as I recall.

And as someone else mentioned, the brits don't even think of it as a competition, over there its called the Cambrian Ex.  And from most of the brits I met while going through the various stands, most seemed to think it was a shitty-go.  I guess thats just the difference between someone who enjoys a challanging job and someone whos there for a pay check.

Really I think we deserved a Gold  :crybaby:, but theres always next year.   :salute: :cdn:

As a side note, the brits have horrible BFA's!  and Wales has horrible weather :D

no an officer does not have to led the patrol, when i did it in 2004 we had a masterjack and a sargent ledding the patrol,and to all the guys that argue about who was on what team and who got what medal,grow up if you have been on the team good for you and if you were not don't try and sound like you know what it is like or do the childish thing like saying" will my friend told me or i heard " it is the best gut check a soilder could do to see if he has what it take to be a real soilder and you can go on if a memmber gets hurt and finish but you will not get a medal :skull: :army: :threat:

Back