• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Can military units authorize their identifiers on alchol products?

X Royal

Inactive
Reaction score
I recent seen pictures of my Regimental identifiers on new beer cans.
I thought I heard this is no longer allowed.

I believe there was a CANFORGEN ion that a few years ago which set out the approval process.

Should be great fodder to advertising:
Say, does your old beer taste like angry chicken spit?  Switch to Patricia Piss, a robust and full of itself white pale ale.

X Royal said:
I recent seen pictures of my Regimental identifiers on new beer cans.
I thought I heard this is no longer allowed.

Can you give a bit more detail, like how, where you saw them? Is it possible that your Regiment is commissioning a special remembrance can for some upcoming event or celebration?

I'm hearing that it was served at last years Christmas dinner.
I just asking is this allowed.
I recall hearing that this was stopped a while back.
Just looking for confirmation one way or the other.

X Royal said:
I'm hearing that it was served at last years Christmas dinner.

That context makes it sound like a special purchase by the consumer, vice an advertising tool by the producer.

Per references, the use of CAF crests/badges can be auth for non-commercial purposes by a CO; commercial use requires the approval of an NDHQ staff officer under the Directorate of History and Heritage.  My brain tells me there was a CANFORGEN specifically about alcohol a number of years ago, but,, not currently being on the DWAN, I can't find it.

A-AD-200-000/AG-000 Chapter 6 Section 10 para 6 reads:

A formation commander or CO may authorize non-commercial reproduction of the formation or unit's primary or supplementary badge or portion thereof. These reproductions can be made using non-public funds. Examples where this applies are as follows but not limited to:
silver, trophies and sports uniforms;
unit stationery, official invitations, greeting cards, printed publicity and decals;
personal items of unit members such as blazers, lighters, wallets, cuff links and sweaters;
articles to be presented officially to other units or organizations, or to civic communities or authorities, either Canadian or foreign, upon which a depiction of the badge would be appropriate; and
wherever symbolic representation is appropriate;

A-AD-200-000/AG-000 Chapter 6 Section 11 reads:

Only the Inspector of CAF Colours and Badges is authorized to approve the use of badges for commercial purposes. When permission to reproduce a badge is given to third parties, it must clearly include the statement that the approval is revocable, nonexclusive and that a notice of government copyright is required. Copies of the correspondence will be forwarded to NDHQ/DHH and NDHQ/DMPP 8, who are available for consultation on such matters.

Hey we're all saved

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/health-wellbeing/german-health-expert-claims-drinking-alcohol-can-protect-against-coronavirus-c-948116

Now brand it....and say Vandoo Vodka the Covid Killer , RCR Wuhan Whisky etc...

Tagged for interest - I'm working on something...related....

It was served at the Soldier's Christmas Dinner this past December but now it appears it's being sold to the public by the brewery.

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=1465169133644125&set=a.110689042425481

We had a Bohemian Pilsner made by Propeller in Halifax for HMCS Frederictons 25th birthday. 

It had the ships crest and name all over it.

Back