• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canada Day...how will you be celebrating?

A day at Lower Fort Garry for me. Tour a fur trading fort, talk to re-enactors, have a piece of birthday cake. Back to Winnipeg, and at 10:00 go and stand on the Midtown Bridge to watch the fireworks from The Forks. I love going to the bridge instead of going right into the Forks. On the bridge people are friendly and chatting and wishing each other happy Canada Day. Its a nice time, without the huge crowd.

:cdn:
Hawk

well im gonna be doing 1001 situps on canada day, then piss it all away by playing beer darts all day while saying goodbye to my friends before i take off for BMQ

Hawk said:
A day at Lower Fort Garry for me. Tour a fur trading fort, talk to re-enactors, have a piece of birthday cake. Back to Winnipeg, and at 10:00 go and stand on the Midtown Bridge to watch the fireworks from The Forks. I love going to the bridge instead of going right into the Forks. On the bridge people are friendly and chatting and wishing each other happy Canada Day. Its a nice time, without the huge crowd.

:cdn:
Hawk

that sounds like fun! we're just gonna have a small little get together with friends and family and have a nice BBQ.

i get to see the Fireworks from the Forks at my house, not a great view but we get to see most of it.

maybe if i feel up to it(ie: sober) i'll bike down to the bridge and watch the fireworks there.

Oh yeah.. I forgot to mention, being on imposed restriction in Montreal and the family not able to come down for the holiday, anyone want to adopt me for the rest of the day on Canada day.. say.. after 1600?

Bzzliteyr said:
Oh yeah.. I forgot to mention, being on imposed restriction in Montreal and the family not able to come down for the holiday, anyone want to adopt me for the rest of the day on Canada day.. say.. after 1600?

Maybe I'll bump into you, I'm supposed to be doing that parade too. Sorry, can't help you after, gotta get back to Valcatraz.

Weather permitting, I'll be celebrating Canada Day, my last day of leave,  on a 200 km motorbike ride with the missus.  Stopping for lunch in a quaint Scottish pub and then heading back to the city for the big bang in the sky show ...and a few wobbly pops once the steel horse is parked for the day.

Weather permitting, of course (crusing in the rain sucks).

Yeoman said:
watching Toronto FC play Vancouver Whipecaps in the Canada Cup qualifier.
Finally managed some tickets with the supporters sections. pretty stoked that I can drink, scream, and wave my flag and no one will get annoyed.

I will be doing that only my seat will be the chair in my living room with maybe a cold 1 or 2 for the game.

I will be....

working in all likelyhood as PAT is duty platoon for the week @ CFLRS....

Someone have a drink for me!

Working.

Pay X 2.5 is going to be awesome. Considering i'm on a 12 hour shift :D

oh, and NOT wasting my pte(3) (at the time) paycheck on partying in Ottawa  :blotto:

Well, here 01 Jul is just another day.

Tuesday night I will be at my physio addressing an injury, then off for 5 days of well deserved rest, and with my recent binge session yesterday at City Hall, my celebrations late Tuesday will be non-alcoholic, and thats a promise.

Trooper show. What could be more Canadian then that?

CDN Aviator said:
I will be on the standby crew on Canada day

I've been on duty on Canada Day before, probably the worst experience ever!!!

PuckChaser said:
I've been on duty on Canada Day before, probably the worst experience ever!!!

The way i see it, someone has to do it

When I was in Ottawa I used to love working Canada Day night.  We used to take the keys and go up to the top of 101, best seat in the house for the fireworks.

Serving the bar in Edmonton at Hudson's on Whyte. Come on down!  ;D

Back