• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canada vs Russia.

Spr.Earl

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
Will this game compare too past game's?
Remember,they also have NHL player's on their side also. ;)

Should be a good game. If we bring our A game then I don't think the Russians will be that much of a problem.

I don't think any game from here on in will be easy.

Wether we win or not, im proud they made it this far considering the troubles their having, if they wanna beat russia, its the offense and defense that needs to get its game going, yesterday, brodeur played amazing and if not for him i would of counted a possible 5 more goals by the czechs. I think that team canada CAN make it to the finals, if they pull it together and give nothing but 100%

Should be a good game. If we bring our A game then I don't think the Russians will be that much of a problem. 

I am not going that far just yet, the Russians are a fast team, and the way Canada has been playing latley, i think it's going to be a struggle for thte win.

cheers

PV

Canada's defence has been playing well, given the quality of opponents only allowing 2 goals a game isn't bad at all.
Brodeur, when he's on, is doing very well which will be good against the Russians since they are made up of snipers.
Their offence on the other hand looks stagnant and the Czech game was an embarassment, if they can kick into high scoring mode they'll win it but they won't win if they have to lean on their defence and goalie winning the game for them again.

On another note, Switzerland tied Italy and we beat Italy, which also bodes well for us as it could indicate that we simply had an off-game against the Swiss.

So to state the obvious, this isn't going to be another "Canada Runs Away With It" tournament and hopefully they've clued into that and bring their A-Game against the Russians.

At the risk of seeming unpatriotic, I have to vote for Russia. Something like 4-2.

Frederik G said:
At the risk of seeming unpatriotic, I have to vote for Russia. Something like 4-2.

If the Russians win, it won't be that close.

Did anyone catch the Kasparitis hit on Gagne? I saw them taking him off, it didn't look like he was putting any wieght on his leg once he got to the tunnel.

Looked clean to me. But it's Kasparitis, I don't like him, never did.

Granted, my reply comes a little late, but the hit seemed clean. At full-speed with the original camera angle I yelled at the TV, but the replay shows it was clean.

But hey, they're the big, evil, inhuman Russians! Ivan Dragoes all over the place!

You know what pisses me off, we just scored in the russia game, but because the ref said he lost sight of the puck for 1 second, he waved the goal off, go were going to lose the game, due to bullcrap.

edit: guess it doesnt matter, russia just score again.

2-0 wow i didn't see this comming i thought we had a better team than what they played like

Well.....that was depressing.

and that was a pretty damn fast whistle on the Canadian no-goal.

Back