• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Armed Forces "corrupt"

Cee

Inactive
Reaction score
A YouTube user posted a video that appears to be old around the time of "the Denis Tortie incident" (before me). In this video it describes the Canadian Forces in an ill light. The user named "tragiedia" has found this video to be "true as ever"

Perhaps some of you can leave him comments expressing your views.

Page link for video and his comment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlT_xGgFuNY

tragedia said:
"The Forces Need you!!--to protect our territory!--to terrorize the population during the War Measures Act!--to fly screwed-up old helicopters to the scrapyard!"
A couple of years old but still as true as ever.

Note: I don't hate everyone in the Canadian army but I think it is becoming more and more corrupt and American-style. I know a lot of people from poor areas like where I grew up have few choices but to join the army. But then again I live in Ottawa where "National Defense" HQ is, there are all sorts of careerist officer/civilian types always walking about, saluting each other moronically and agitating for foreign wars.

N.B. Denis Lortie was a Canadian Soldier who hated Québec politics and went on leave with the notion of assassinating René Lévesque and members of the Parti Québecois (provincial) government..but in the end he showed up too early and only killed several parliamentary aides and wounded about 18 others.

OK, that was funny in a "you need a kick in the nad's" sort of way.

What a knob. Posted a challenge to him, as in, 'do explain how the CF is corrupt'. Wait out for reply!!!

That video is garbage... it's not worth mentioning on this site.

I don't even think buddy should be allowed time to read the forum regulations... :rage:

[quote author=tragedia]
"fly screwed-up old helicopters to the scrapyard!"
[/quote]

HAHA!! Take that, chinook! Take that, Griffon! Right to the scrap yard...

This guy is clown shoes and that video is 'hockey helmet and mitten-strings' special.

Besides the 'old' factor, it is just silly, as are the comments by the dingus that posted it.

[sarcasm] I don't know about you guys, but I joined the army 'cause I had no choice... it was either army or live in a van down by the river. Besides.. I like the helicopter rides and brainwashing... It tingles. [/sarcasm]

RHFC_piper said:
[sarcasm] I don't know about you guys, but I joined the army 'cause I had no choice... it was either army or live in a van down by the river. Besides.. I like the helicopter rides and brainwashing... It tingles. [/sarcasm]

You could have chosen the van by the river?  Luxury!  I joined the army so I could afford the van by the river.

Well, where should I start here...well well well. My best option prior joining the army was to go pick up shopping carts down the parking lot...But! Bubbles took my spot! So...

Seriously, this guy is trolling big time...

Michael O'Leary said:
You could have chosen the van by the river?  Luxury!  I joined the army so I could afford the van by the river.

I have both now..  The dirty old 70's Van complete with teardrop tinted window and "speed holes" (mind the rust), as well as the Canadian Army (the sweetest smelling army in the world)  :salute: :cdn: :salute:

Living the dream.

Just have to say one thing............figures it is in French...........and old!!!!!!!

Ummmm, that's two things, Mike... ;D

Wow, when the hell did the Canadian military buy UH-1s with American forces prints on them?

Pte. Pukepail said:
Wow, when the hell did the Canadian military buy UH-1s with American forces prints on them?

They're on loan... to fly to the scrap yard. 

We save money by not having to buy them, They save money by not having to fly them to the scrap yard.

Quid pro quo. ::)

(p.s. I am quite obviously joking.  That just proves how retarded that video really is.)

You know what's really funny?

The video was a joke from the 80s and early 90s humour group called Rock et Belles Oreilles, who did a lot of cynical stuff like it and, for the most part, didn't mean much. They also had a "vision" of future Quebec Separatists as the "Fourth Reich" or something such, where they had concentration camps where Anglos were forced to eat poutine and watch Quebec TV--and that's just an example.

The guy who posted it to YouTube obviously has no clue what parody and irony mean... And you guys are getting worked up over an idiot.

I laughed,  not to impune anyone but that was the best recruiting pitch I've seen for the CF ... well ever.  (and I joined up)

Trinity said:
Why not.. we listen to you too, don't we?!  :eek: ;D ;)

Listening to me and getting worked up over me are two different things. :p

"Ceci est mon poulet, livré pour vous!" -Super Jésus

Michael O'Leary said:

You where lucky! we had to live in a rolled up newspaper, all 150 of us, in the river next your van!

Chubbard said:
You where lucky! we had to live in a rolled up newspaper, all 150 of us, in the river next your van!
You had a newspaper?  Bloody luxury!  We huddled together for warmth we did, all 300 of us, with only our mouths sticking out of the surface of the water for the occassional gasp of air.  We couldn't even SEE that van!

Back