• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Forces Aptitude Test (CFAT) [MERGED]

krimynal said:
maybe someone else will be able to tell you , to be fair I don't quite remember it , did back in 2005 so it's pretty vague , I do remember it's the same type of questions , but I couldn't tell if it's in the same format
Okay well thanks for the help anyway appreciate it. Just wanted to know if it was the same format because how there is 2 in answer is what gets me.

This is another test I'm reviewing to help me pass my 2nd attempt at the CFAT.
http://books.google.ca/books?id=miKQTyZuGVsC&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q&f=false

Seeing as how you already wrote the CFAT you should already be familiar with it's format and structure and thus this thread is redundant and now locked.

If you taking or retaking the CFAT I highly recommend this book https://play.google.com/store/books/details/Complete_Test_Preparation_Team_Pass_the_Cfat?id=miKQTyZuGVsC&hl=en. It really helped me improve my skills in Verbal, Spatial, And somewhat in Math. I just bought it for 7.99 as an e-book.

Hey there,

I have applied for the Forces in October and did my CFAT in November, but its been nearly 3 months since I applied and no one has called me yet, and the website does not seem to update with my application status. Does anyone how long on average it takes for them to get the test marked?

Thanks for your time, and help!

:goodpost:

Always take it upon yourself to keep updated on what is occurring with your file.
As many will inform you every application is very different so timelines are not set in stone. This is the key reason for for the above being so important.

itsflashpoint said:
I have applied for the Forces in October and did my CFAT in November, but its been nearly 3 months since I applied and no one has called me yet, and the website does not seem to update with my application status. Does anyone how long on average it takes for them to get the test marked?

Tests are scored the same day you write them and in most but not all cases, they will sometimes "debrief" you prior to leaving your CFRC or will send you a letter within a few weeks which provides additional information.

Like stealthylizard has mentioned above, give them a call and see what your status is.

I've finally received the date for my aptitude after 3 months of falling through the cracks and my application getting lost! I'm extremely excited yet also confused as to what I'll be doing at my appointment.

I know that the aptitude test is 45  minutes, but in the email they told me that my appointment would be approximately 3hrs. My question is whether I'll be doing my medical and/or my interview in the same appointment? There wasn't anything on the email regarding that but I'm rather confused.

Thank you in advance for the assistance.

The test itself is 45 minutes. Before the test, the recruiters take and check paperwork from everybody, abd then spend time clearly explaining the test. After the test you meet with your file manager. Depending on the order and hiw many people are there, this could take another hour or so. My appointment was about 2.5 hours.

Quick background:
I thought when I was 17 that I wanted to become a reservist after some MCs stopped by my school.
Turns out I was a pretty dumb 17 year old and lost interest.

Give that about 9 years and I am ready to commit, I have applied for infantry in the regular forces and am still waiting to hear back for my first contact. I am so dedicated to this now that I have had some time in the workforce outside of school to grow into an adult.

I made it up to the medical exam stage and was offered a position that 17 year old me turned down, but the important part is that I aced my CFAT, or at least, competitive score.

Does this mean that in my new application process I will have to redo the test?
Would they still have my old test results on file?
It might speed up the time from application to BMQ.

Sorry I couldn't post this in the sticky for some reason.

AllSmiles said:
Quick background:
I thought when I was 17 that I wanted to become a reservist after some MCs stopped by my school.
Turns out I was a pretty dumb 17 year old and lost interest.

Give that about 9 years and I am ready to commit, I have applied for infantry in the regular forces and am still waiting to hear back for my first contact. I am so dedicated to this now that I have had some time in the workforce outside of school to grow into an adult.

I made it up to the medical exam stage and was offered a position that 17 year old me turned down, but the important part is that I aced my CFAT, or at least, competitive score.

Does this mean that in my new application process I will have to redo the test?
Would they still have my old test results on file?
It might speed up the time from application to BMQ.

Sorry I couldn't post this in the sticky for some reason.

You couldn't post because this topic is locked.  It is locked because it is 26 pages long, and it's the same questions and answers over and over.  I suggest you start reading...from the beginning.

Hello,

I recently wrote the test with the intent of joining to become a firefighter. During the meeting with the file manager, he told me I passed and qualified to become a firefighter, but told me my score was not high enough. No other position was offered. Does that mean that I do not qualify for other positions like infantry?

Thank you.

Molloy91 said:
Hello,

I recently wrote the test with the intent of joining to become a firefighter. During the meeting with the file manager, he told me I passed and qualified to become a firefighter, but told me my score was not high enough. No other position was offered. Does that mean that I do not qualify for other positions like infantry?

Thank you.

You should ask about other positions. The new recruiting process has the CFAT playing a major part in determining whether or not you are processed. All trades have a certain score to qualify for them, but now there are also competitive minimums which if you do not meet they will not bother processing you. All trades have different minimums, so you maybe able to apply for different positions.

Why does everybody think Infantry is the easiest trade to get into?

Hello,

I am due to do my CFAT test and personality test soon (on the same day). I have a few questions. I did read that huge sticky thread about CFAT but did not get my answer. Here are my questions:

1. How many questions would we get per section?
2. From my understanding if one were to excel at 2/3 components of the CFAT, such as Verbal skills, and Spatial Ability and completing fail the Problem solving one would theoretically pass the test? (I know that I should aim as high as possible and I will, but just to put my mind at ease)
3. I was told to allocate from 8am to noon. I was wondering how much time is giving for each section of the CFAT?
4. What can I expect from the personality test? Obviously I should be myself but should i brush up on the forces website and try and learn as much as I can anticipating it would be an interview (even though I know the interview would be later on in the application process).
5. I completed the forces CFAT (the unclassified one they provide) and scored decent. However I keep reading here that it is much difficult.
6. If someone could give me some advice or point me into a direction where I can get a better or updated tools to aid me on this test.

Thank you so much in advanced. I know a few of these questions have been answered already but doesn't hurt to ask again (I did spend a lot of time going through this forum)

Have an excellent day guys.

Additionally any tips would be appreciated. I have been looking over some ebooks and doing practice questions.

Here's an answer for question 1.  Not sure of the accuracy, but it sounds about right.

The CFAT is a multiple choice test that assesses your abilities in three distinct areas:
• Verbal Skills (15 questions, maximum time allowed for completion is 5 minutes)
• Spatial Ability (15 questions, maximum time allowed for completion is 10 minutes)
• Problem Solving (30 questions, maximum time allowed for completion is 30 minutes)

With each multiple choice question, you will have four answers to choose from. Only one answer is correct.

Got that here: http://www.11rca.ca/cfat.html

It took up most of the morning. So the 4 hours they ask you to reserve is accurate.
Yes, the sample test they provide, even before I took the test, seemed waaay too easy. It gives you an idea of the format and types of questions they can ask.
There is a thread somewhere in here that gives a few links to various tests, one of which is a sample from a book written for the cfat. Take a look at that to get an idea of the difficulty.

I had a first visit last week. It took me about 3.5 hours in total. You will need to submit the documents you finished prior to visit the recruiting centre. They check all the documents from the all applicants then you move into a room to take CFAT. For the personality questions, just answer what you think on yourself. Also, I found that the sample questions are way more simple than the actual CFAT. You can review your high school math textbook. You can do some IQ test for the spatial analysis. You can review some vocab text books such as a text book for GRE. There are many sources you can study.

Good luck.

Back