• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Forces Aptitude Test (CFAT) [MERGED]

I'm not entirely sure what is so upsetting here...although I can see how, perhaps, some aspects of the post came across as a little pretentious?  I personally don't feel that's how the OP intended to sound, however.

xtreme said:
Moreover, .....

I truly detest the use of the word moreover to start a sentence.

Most normal folks think those who start a sentence with the word moreover are, in all probability, a high fallutin butthead.

You may wish to find somewhere else to discuss your IQ and how it correlates to stuff.

And hey Sheldon, can ya leave Penny here with the guys please?

xtreme said:
Instead, on this forum - we get berated for introducing an intellectual - albeit controversial - discussion that may indeed enlighten members on how to take their tests optimally.  Advice coming from a somebody who has performed exceptionally well on the CFAT and exceptionally well on far more difficult tests than that.
xtreme, thank you for your unsolicited advice from the extreme tail of the bell curve.  You are clearly a superior IQ, and as you have pointed out most of the respondents to your post fail to appreciate your intellectual and academic talents. 

For everyone else, may I suggest that we don't feed the trolls?

BeyondTheNow said:
I'm not entirely sure what is so upsetting here...although I can see how, perhaps, some aspects of the post came across as a little pretentious?  I personally don't feel that's how the OP intended to sound, however.

I'd never deign expect you lower curvesmen to understand a topic so complex.

Shamrock said:
I'd never deign expect you lower curvesmen to understand a topic so complex.

lol, yes, us "lower curvesmen" indeed need to be enlightened from time to time, I suppose... ;)

Let me clarify the things I can't do.

1.  I can't be the guy who can lift two soldiers on each shoulder and carry them out of a battlefield.
2.  I can't be the guy who runs the fastest through a line of fire to accomplish a short-term objective.
3.  It is unlikely, I could be the guy who will have the stamina to run into a burning building and carry out a number of people.

I acknowledge that I am not the strongest nor the fastest person, traits that are incredibly important.  My "strong-Q" and/or my "speed-Q" are likely to be only average.  This fact is accepted and this knowledge can be used to confidently rely on others who possess the appropriate talents to make up for what I don't possess.  Nobody is perfect.  A good team will identify strengths and weaknesses of the group and delegate tasks accordingly.

I am a proficient problem-solver and voracious learner, theoretically or practically.  Just as good with a wrench as with a pencil. 

It appears that, some people become acutely sensitive to the topic of differences in cognitive ability.  Like physical differences, there - are - very real mental differences.  I am not talking about education.  Educated people may be smart - but not all smart people are educated - often for a variety of legitimate reasons.  This is why the CFAT should be - praised.

This IQ that has some panties in a knot, may prove useful when a MacGyver (/Sheldon)/strategist is required under intense fire.

Some have recognized this topic was not intended to subjugate the self-confidence of any person, but instead to further dissect the CFAT without reiterating content already previously discussed - for the objective of helping test-takers better understand their - own - abilities when researching a trade and preparing to qualify for that trade accurately and scientifically.

SeR, I awarded MilPoints to your most recent post (not in this tread), but on the basis of your MilPoint comment on this tread.  Thanks.

:rofl:

....and his posts are much better if read with Sheldon's voice in your head.  ;D

To aid your imagination whilst narrating my posts in your head.

I have a deep-voice, concatenate that to the imagery of Sheldon constructed in your visualization.

Enjoy.

I usually try to avoid Recruiting threads.  Why didn't anyone tell my just how much self-proclaimed awesomeness I've been missing?!

Journeyman,

?

I'm assuming that in your subjective perception - this word is valued at $20? 

I apologize that I'm not consciously aware that I do this nor do I understand why this is somehow negatively perceived. 

I am speaking English after-all?

Just wait until we inculcate you into the Army way of thinkin buddy..  :D
Its 40 dollar word day here at Army.ca..
Next!!
TM

xtreme said:
I am speaking English after-all?
Absolutely.  And you keep at it; I'm having a blast.  :nod:

There's a quote from Airman First-class Adrian Cronauer to Sergeant-Major Dickerson that just escapes me, but I'm sure it's fitting.    ;)

xtreme said:
voracious
subjugate

Well Sheldon, can't say as I have ever used these words on a forum when discussing a topic among "friends" and co-workers.

I would really enjoying watching you attempt a 'MacGyver' in a tough, but not life threatening, situation. Please leave Penny at home when you try it though....

Edit: Holy smokes!!! And [size=18pt]concatenate[/size] is a real word too!!!! This guy is ready for staff college.

Second-language training?  The Forces should invest in English-language training - first.  God-forbid that the Taliban may speak better English.

TurretMonster,

I was concerned that I'm attracting a mob of people whu speek lyk dis, b-cuz itz iz tha way 2 b kool and acceptud and i shuld cunform 2 der standurds.

*phew, thank you .. and the Army still has hope.

DVC185,

It is unwise to underestimate people you don't know.

xtreme said:
It is unwise to underestimate people you don't know.

You are quite right but I think my gut feel is correct. Penny and I will continue to enjoy the comedy.  :pop:

Some of you guys are actually funny - seriously.

But I assure you, I don't sound like Spock, Yoda or Sheldon.

Well I hope.

Back