• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Forces Health Services Academy

Gunner98

Army.ca Veteran
Donor
Inactive
Mentor
Reaction score
I know some of the folks that visit this area regularly may have strong feelings about the "amalgamation" of the CFMSS and CFDSS under one umbrella called CFHSA.  I can honestly say in 7 years since I defected from the Guns and joined the Sanguine snake brigade I have had limited training in Borden totalling about 5 weeks. 

I would be interested in comments from those who have recently visited the Academy as to changes +/- since this union took place at the Home Station.

I was on my 6A in Oct last year - first time I was actually a student in the new place (it was built while I was on my 5A).  I found it a little weird at first having a Dental Tech as acting RSM.  The place certainly beats the old, sweaty / muggy H huts to bits though - it's certainly alot nicer aestheticaly.  I suppose having the clinic right there is of some potential benefit for live training aids should they show up.  I would have like to have actually learned a bit (lot) more in my 2 weeks there than I did though - at least make it worth the TD.  I guess this could almost end up in the retention thread - the trade is in such a state of flux at all levels that it's hard to set up and keep from changing TP's at the different levels.  A little frustrating - many of us have even gone so far to call us "new" 6A's  5C's instead.

MM

Back