• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Forces Trait Self Descriptive Personality Inventory

ProtectAndServe

Inactive
Reaction score
Ok, so I was trying to look this up via internet and found barely any info on it to clear my mind... So I thought I should ask here... Anyway, anyone know what this is? Reason I ask because I got this message today saying I got to book a Trait Self Descriptive questionnaire and well I thought I was done the ''processing'' phase since I'm currently merit listed... Anyway if anyone knows what this is for post post post.

Sounds like it's just an extra form to see how you describe yourself and such. What position are you trying to get into? It might provide insight into why they asked you to do it.

I'm currently applying to Army MP Reserves and I was asked to fill out a like, written interview sheet that was a couple pages long that isn't mentioned anywhere from what I can tell. If I were to take a blind guess I'd guess it's basically the same thing as what you have.

And you need to write this even if you have already been merit listed? I haven't heard anything from my CFRC...wonder if I should be concerned?

Goodeman said:
It's a personality test.
Well yeah I can pretty much tell it is a personality questionnaire, question is why? Never heard or seen this before and as mentioned, I am done the ''processing'' currently merit listed.
Murb said:
Sounds like it's just an extra form to see how you describe yourself and such. What position are you trying to get into? It might provide insight into why they asked you to do it.

I'm currently applying to Army MP Reserves and I was asked to fill out a like, written interview sheet that was a couple pages long that isn't mentioned anywhere from what I can tell. If I were to take a blind guess I'd guess it's basically the same thing as what you have.
When I looked it up via Internet, I did see it being done for people applying to the MP. Btw, I applied for Infantry and Artillery.

pa471856 said:
And you need to write this even if you have already been merit listed? I haven't heard anything from my CFRC...wonder if I should be concerned?
Yeah, I see these kinda things when you apply online for a job and such so I understand what it is, but like you're saying, after being merit listed I am wondering why... You'd think this would come up during the interview?

Doesn't matter. If they want you to write it, then just write it. From what I understand, they are adding it to the application process to shorten interviews. Someone, correct me if i'm wrong.

Its 60 questions asking you to describe yourself. Don't stress on it, took me like 15 minutes.

Wrote the Trait Self Descriptive questionnaire after my CFAT and I was told by the people administrating the test that the answers you give in the questionnaire hold no weight concerning an applicant's competitiveness.

Lean-N-Supreme said:
Wrote the Trait Self Descriptive questionnaire after my CFAT and I was told by the people administrating the test that the answers you give in the questionnaire hold no weight concerning an applicant's competitiveness.

Because at that time it was still in the trial stages.  The official roll out of it was having some fits, but it would appear that it has gone live based on the OP's post.  If that is the case (I am no longer in recruiting so I don't know) then it would be part of your overall "package", and used to figure out what you are best suited for.

Hatchet Man said:
Because at that time it was still in the trial stages.  The official roll out of it was having some fits, but it would appear that it has gone live based on the OP's post.  If that is the case (I am no longer in recruiting so I don't know) then it would be part of your overall "package", and used to figure out what you are best suited for.
I just wrote my CFAT on Tuesday so I am guessing what I was told about the questionnaire is still up to date.

I will write the TSD test next Tuesday morning, and after talking with my recruiter, from what I understood, they will use your TSD results to ask you questions during the interview.

Hannibal_Barca said:
I will write the TSD test next Tuesday morning, and after talking with my recruiter, from what I understood, they will use your TSD results to ask you questions during the interview.

I wrote my TSD after my interview.

I am currently going through the recruiting process for ROTP.  The trades I have chosen are Infantry, Armored and Artillery.  I recently got a phone call from my recruiting center telling me that I needed to come in and fill out somthing called a "Trait Self Descriptive Personality Inventory."  I did google it however nothing really came up about it and from what I hear its new for applicants starting this year.  I was just wondering if anyone had any information about what it entails other than "its a personality test."

Thanks!

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/109056.0.html

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/108406/post-1200191.html#msg1200191

The basic gist of it is to match your personality type with a suitable occupation, inconjuction with your CFAT score and interview.  Basically it's another tool for the CF to make sure (or try to make sure)  that the trade you want is a trade you are suitable for.  Example, "I am really good at science and math and stuff, so I think I want to be Med Tech, but I don't like the site of blood, or sick people, or needles, is this still a good option for me?"

One of our AVS Cpls has an OT in for Flight Engineer, and he was just asked to do one.  First I'd ever seen of it.

I've been merit listed since Dec 13, and im getti.g artillery when i get my call. still waiting for my call. But i called when I had heard about it and and my file manager assured me that I wont have to do the personality test because it was a part of the application process ( CFAT, interview, etc. ) and im merit listed. so maybe you got merit listed in january and it's just a new year update?. not sure. but if i were you i'd do it. because everything you do. every test affects your position on the list.

anyway, wish you the best and hopefully we'll both get our call very soon.

People who did CF TSD PI  will have short interview because Test results make influence to selection.
I am not sure exactly cause I am doing this test next week and waiting for interview, but I heard interview now has 4 questions.If I am wrong, please correct me.

Back