• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Forces Trait Self Descriptive Personality Inventory

Hatchet Man said:
Because at that time it was still in the trial stages.  The official roll out of it was having some fits, but it would appear that it has gone live based on the OP's post.  If that is the case (I am no longer in recruiting so I don't know) then it would be part of your overall "package", and used to figure out what you are best suited for.

TSD have been on trial for 2 years. Applicants were told it would not have any impact on the recruiting process. As of 1st Jan 2013, TSD results can be used in scoring applicants.

Hatchet Man said:
The basic gist of it is to match your personality type with a suitable occupation, inconjuction with your CFAT score and interview.  Basically it's another tool for the CF to make sure (or try to make sure)  that the trade you want is a trade you are suitable for.  Example, "I am really good at science and math and stuff, so I think I want to be Med Tech, but I don't like the site of blood, or sick people, or needles, is this still a good option for me?"

Only CFAT score indicate occupation suitability. TSD indicate suitability for the CF overall.

MdB said:
TSD have been on trial for 2 years. Applicants were told it would not have any impact on the recruiting process. As of 1st Jan 2013, TSD results can be used in scoring applicants.

Only CFAT score indicate occupation suitability. TSD indicate suitability for the CF overall.
Exactly.I did TSD on 2011 when I applied first time, but I have to do it again, becsuse first was not counted . One more question.Does CFRC say if you are good to go? Or any follow up ?

The TSD is not a pass or fail test. It is included in the total score though.

Don't worry about the TSD, you are as you are and you cannot really trick the test. And no, there won't be any follow up on it.

IMPORTANT: as per CF regulations, no one is allowed to talk about the questions in the interview. Posts related to that are to be deleted.

It's simply a short questionnaire/personality test that hopeful new recruits are given during the hiring process now. 

It's one of the components required of the new recruiting process that has been implemented.  As I understand it, everyone from this point forward who wishes to join the CF will have to answer it as part of their package. I also believe (but please correct me if I'm wrong) anyone who was merit-listed last year, but who didn't receive a job offer will have to fill it out as part of updating their file in order to move everything forward under the new recruiting initiative in order to remain merit-listed. (I had to update my medical and will re-interview as well.)

As some other users wrote, it's nothing to stress over--nothing to be concerned about. I completed it and it was very quick.  It just helps recruiters assess one's overall suitability for the CF.  (Similar tests are used in a wide variety of employment positions these days, i.e. public service jobs, but not only jobs falling into that category.)

I just got booked to go for one of these in a couple weeks too. I asked the guy about it's bearing on my merit list position since it's only 1 week before they are supposedly having a selection and he said it's a new thing this year and it won't have any bearing on me since I'm already on the list.

Reaper-1 said:
I just got booked to go for one of these in a couple weeks too. I asked the guy about it's bearing on my merit list position since it's only 1 week before they are supposedly having a selection and he said it's a new thing this year and it won't have any bearing on me since I'm already on the list.

Well that's good news man. Interestingly, I was booked to do it as well, after returning from ASC unsuccessful. Although I guess it's because I requested for my file to remain open to give myself the opportunity to come back in a year. Might as well do the TSD now, to get it out of the way.

I was told yesterday that my appointment has been cancelled and I don't have to do it. Also been told a selection is coming up and to keep checking my phone and messages, sounds really good to me.  :nod:

ProtectAndServe said:
I was told yesterday that my appointment has been cancelled and I don't have to do it. Also been told a selection is coming up and to keep checking my phone and messages, sounds really good to me.  :nod:

haha maybe this will happen to me and I won't have to take a vacation day.

Reaper-1 said:
haha maybe this will happen to me and I won't have to take a vacation day.

Actually now I know why it's been cancelled. Just got an offer today for Infantry. Very happy good luck to everyone else. :)

ProtectAndServe said:
Actually now I know why it's been cancelled. Just got an offer today for Infantry. Very happy good luck to everyone else. :)

Congratulations, best of luck!  :cdn:

4 years ago, I applied for the reserves as part of co-op. I did the aptitude test, got a high grade, was accepted. I backed out because I was just a kid and I though that the army life wasn't for me.

I reapplied last month as a Regular. They notice that I already took the test way back then, and said that there is a new portion of the test known as "TSD" which I had not done back then and can only be done on the first Wednesday of any month.

I just want to know what TSD stands for and what is it about. Since it is apart of the aptitude test, specifics obviously can't be discussed. I searched everywhere and couldn't find anything close to what I was looking for.

I was told it would take 30 minutes. Maybe that's an overstretch of time, but regardless, I want to know what it is.

The application process is moving along faster than I expected. So that's a good thing.

Everything you wanted to know and some of it you probly don't.....

http://pubs.rddc.gc.ca/BASIS/pcandid/www/engpub/DDW?W%3DAUTHOR+%3D+'Darr%2C+W.'%26M%3D1%26R%3DY%26U%3D1

Two seconds on Google (using "site:army.ca TSD" as the search term) found this thread.

PMedMoe said:
Two seconds on Google (using "site:army.ca TSD" as the search term) found this thread.

See attachment.
Searched, didn't work, gave up in anger, tossed phone at wall, woke up dog.

But thank you for helping me out.

Sharp said:
See attachment.

What kind of dog you got, sleeping at a time like this?

Sharp said:
See attachment.

Your phone is dying, also I did the TSD test after my CFAT on the 25th it's just a basic questionnaire asking about your personality traits.

Also the "30min" Allotted time is really pointless I completed it within 10mins.

George Wallace said:
What kind of dog you got, sleeping at a time like this?

Miniature Doberman Pinscher. Sleeps like 20 hours a day.

J_M_J_D said:
Your phone is dying, also I did the TSD test after my CFAT on the 25th it's just a basic questionnaire asking about your personality traits.

Also the "30min" Allotted time is really pointless I completed it within 10mins.

I still didn't charge it, it's at 2%. I took my CFAT 4 years ago and I just need the TSD and to do the medical and interview, etc.

Yeah I assumed the 30 minutes was just an overstretch.

Sharp said:
Sharp said:
Miniature Doberman Pinscher. Sleeps like 20 hours a day.

I still didn't charge it, it's at 2%.

Make sure you complete the tsd to reflect your high degree of patience, self-control and sense of humour. :p But really, good luck with your application!

Good day everyone,

This question goes out to all those who have taken the TSD (psych test). I am just wondering how long it was before you got your interview and medical. Do you have your mini interview right after the test and then the medical later that week or did you get scheduled late. Thank you.

Back