• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian peacekeeper gear...

Gun plumber,

Go on a tour (I know, easier said than done).  For Haiti the first Camelbacks that came in were desert, then we started getting CADPAT ones.  They wen't to Coy Gp first, then in theatre they were used for replacements or initial issue to those people that broke them or didn't get them in Canada.
I'd post a pic but my digital camera is down in the States.

Yep soldier301, thats it.  There's a little mesh pocket under the flap that good for storing the cleaning kit.

Nice looking piece of gear.Unfortunatly its for "combat arms only".I'll probably see it when I see my LBV in 2015 along with the CADPAT IECS stuff!

gun plumber said:
Haven't bought anything yet.I think I'm going to wait and see what mods they do to thier stuff first and see if I really need it(I really dont need a FMP cover that comes with more pockets than my ruck!).
I'm looking at thier hydration pack and just wonder if anyone has feedback.I already own a Hydrastorm(alright piece of kit,not great,but alright)but its pattern is desert,so I want a CADPAT one.
I have Peacekeeper kit and I can honestly say it was a worth while investment.My plate bag(Am I only one that knows what this is?)was bought in 94, has seen more field time than some troops I know and still continues to look brand new.IPE bag has never failed(I'm dissapointed that they discontinued this item)and other bits of kit still preform like new.
Has anyone had any negitive results(besides the glasses case)that they care to share?
The reason I ask is the Kitshop on base has some of the same peacekeeper kit that I'm interested in(generic product) and am just wondering if its worth placeing an order or just picking it up.
These items are the field pillow,sleeping bag liner and mock 64 pattern bag.  

Buying from Canadian Peacekeeper over the last few years has been a hit or miss for me. I thoroughly enjoyed the NBCbag I purchased and the fmp I owned from them. The small boot blousers I have found to be aadequate. I have had problems with some of the gear I purchased off of them.

I found the Canadian Peacekeeper Hydration Pack very unsatisfactory: the platypus was horribly manufactured and burst at the seams after my fifth or sixth exercise with it. In addition, the straps were small and improperly placed causing the piece of crap to swing around on my back regardless of how much I cinched the pack. In addition, I would advise against purchasing the 64 pattern bag, because of the lack of real attachment points, the crappy material it is made out of, and the lack of way to really cinch the pack tightly.

Thanks for the input.It's like a private version of T&E.
A few questions\points:
1.You mentioned that the bladder broke on you.Don't Platypus bladders have a lifetime warranty on them?I have a Platypus 2L Hoser(not quite the same as the "Big Zip"but close)and already used the warranty to replace the valve.No prob.
2.I have used my Hydrastorm before by hooking it to my web gear and probably will do the same with the peacekeeper hydration system,so I can't forsee the small straps being a problem.
3.I'll take your advce on the 64 bag.I actually have a line on a real one.
4.Has anyone here actually used the C-7\C-9 pouches attached to the hydro system?on the web site they look almost flimsy and look like thier ready to fall off at any time.Any comments?

I called peacekeeper today to inquire what actual mods they were going to do to the hydro pack(as I mentioned earilier,I was'nt going to buy till I knew what mods were to be done)and the only mod is it will be MOLLE compatible,so for 34.00 I can't go wrong(OD only though :'()
thanks for all the comments and info!

Canadian Peacekeeper are authorized by DND to produce stuff with real CADPAT material, but DND have some restriction, like Frontenac who made a "copy" version of CADPAT trousers and pants. Canadian Peacekeeper are not authorized to produce stuff that closely look like the issue one, that why they don`t have permission to produce this product with CADPAT material :

- Recce Patrol Pack
- Hydration Pack
- Tactical Vest (If look like the issue one)
- Rucksack Cover (would be discontinued - they sale what they have)

All the product should be authorized by DND before production.

Well, i just received my order from Canadianpeacekeeper and I am impressed so far. I ordered the Hydration pack from what i can see it is the real CADPAT if not its very close. I will have it out this weekend for an amphibious ex and will see how it goes. I also ordered the C9 pouch for the hydration pack, while looking weak it seemed to stay in one place relatively well when running and my only complaint is the lack of a drainage hole.

I've had a fair amount of success with Wheelers over the years.  I have some field kit but also their luggage which has held up for ever in less thanideal conditions.  On the field kit side I did jump on board with the Hydration pack, but not the platypus bladder due in part to having one burst in my ruck already.  When coupled with a Camelbak bladder it works like a charm.  I did have a slight modification made though WRT the Shoulder straps, in that I had them removed and had Wheelers add four rows of their modular attachment system wit the velcro.  This allowd me to connect to a number of other pieces of gear fairly securely and limited the extra bulk if I was stowing inside another bag.  Doing this has allowed me to actuall attach the pack directly to the rear of the TV and it hols in nicely without any additional over the shoulder requirements.  Advantage was that it fit nicely under a ruck, was integrated to the vest as best as can be expected, and I didn't loose the vertical daisy chain of loops on the rear of the TV since the wheelers pack employs a similar modular attachment style.  Just a though if anyone is seriously thinking about it.

I'll just confirm it to the gents that may not know, the CADPAT from Canadian Peacekeepers is real.

It boils down to one main reason and that's the cost of purchasing the fabric. The CADPAT fabric we use is not a copy â “ it's the real thing! The price of CADPAT Cordura is up to 3 times the cost of buying regular olive or black Cordura! Only a few Canadian Textile Mills are licensed by DND to produce their patented CADPAT Cordura. The fabric is dyed and printed in a lengthy process that requires 4 passes rather than the usual one necessary for single colour fabrics. In addition, there is a substantial coating of olive coloured urethane, on the underside of the fabric, for waterproofing. This coating is so thick it makes the fabric virtually waterproof â “ in fact, we make a collapsible wash basin out of the fabric alone! Also, the price is higher because of DND licensing fees, which are tacked on, when we purchase the fabric. Our company, Wheeler Accessories Ltd (Canadian Peacekeeper), is an "authorized manufacturer" licensed by DND.

http://www.wheelersonline.com/1-FAQs.asp

The FAQs section of the website.

Ghostwalk said:
UGHHH!!

I used to have one of these, but have since realized that it serves no purpose whatsover. At best, it will protect the watchface so when you wear that big ugly green thing on your wrist to the bar chicks will be impressed that your Timex is free of scratches.

Hey, its good for the bush, goes with your combats and thats the only time I usually wear it, thats why you wear a nice watch anywhere were, when your in civilians.

I got my order of 1 Gerber pouch, 1 order of Nylon strips and a Name tape.

The Gerber pouch is very nice, except for the fact they put the product tag inside the pouch so it is difficult to insert the Gerber. I just cut mine out.
The nylon strips are good. Decent amount. The CADPAT seems a little melted or smeared not too noticeable. The OD strips are great.

Also, I received the order very quickly. Ordered on Sunday, received Thursday morning.

I got the Name tapes, Gerber pouch, Mini Mag Flashlight, Neck ID, Field Message Pad Cover, and Pad refills.

Name tapes- great, looks just like my uniform, no complaints at all.

Gerber pouch- Pretty good, It's sturdy and easily accessed (except for the tag inside as mentioned above) (I cut mine out also)

Mini Mag Flashlight- Awesome, I mean you could probably get these other places, but since I was shopping at wheelers, I got there just because it was easier...I love the light.

Neck ID- Simple, Nice looking, very efficient and will save time during early morning PT when the CO asks for our ID.

Field Message Cover- I love this piece of kit, simply put, this is going to save a lot of time, because I take a lot of notes and I can keep this in my cargo pocket and pull out my notes whenever I want. Also it has a built in wallet, so for that reason alone...I was instantly happy about the purchase.

Pad refills- sturdy(put together well), good size..(not much more to say about paper, lol)

Also I would like to say I received this very fast, I ordered on Thursday and received it on Monday...lightning  fast in my opinion.

I just recieved my hydration pack(minus bladder) from Peacekeepers tody.I bought this item on a whim(I have a serviciable Hydrastorm already)because my other hydration pack is in desert pattern and this one is olive(I missed out on the CADPAT,but oh well,olive never goes out of style) and just thought that I would give my first impressions on it for the record.
1.Upon opening,the first thing I noticed was the lack of protection.It came in white plstic bag devoid of any reinforcement.Also,no reciept,company literature or the nice letter everyone talks about. :(
2.As far as construction,nothing beats them.Who ever does the sewing does a damn good job.Also,you cant beat the materials.1000 condura nylon,fastex clips and the strapping are all quality materials. :)
3.Upon putting it on,I noticed that it does'nt seem to "hang"right on my back.Since its very rare for me to wear it all by itself anyways,its not a big deal.  :)
4.The shoulder straps are huge!I can cinch them as tight as they go,take it off and put it back on with out loosening them!I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not.If I had wanted to wear it by itself this would be a problem. :(
5.The sternum strap is way to small,and could have been made from a elastic material. :(

Final thoughts-The Hydrastorm pack I own is made a bit more rugged and with more thought of ergonomics in mind.It has a better case,and feels a lot more secure on your back.The CP pack is as well constructed but does'nt feel secure and is a bit bulky.It has some design flaws I can't ignore and makes it almost uncomfortable.
That being said,It's big redeeming point is price.My hydrastorm cost 120.00 CAN when I bought it,and I was happy with it.The CP pack cost me 42.00 and I'm just as happy overall with it as I was my hydrastorm.Hopefully I can get a field test out of the way soon and see how it holds up.
Overall :)

i have ordered nametpes- all the kinds look great
                    mc roy? leg medic pouch somthing along the lines of that
                    colapsable canteen
                    laundry bag
                    scissors pouch with the scissors
                    camo face paint
                    more cant think of it but i was pleased in the long run.

Just curious, I just placed my order yesterday and havent gotten my gear yet, but one of the things i ordered was the CADPAT "Goggle cover" is this a different piece of kit than the "Glasses Case" that everyone seems to hate? I couldn't find "glasses Case" in the CP gear catalogue thats why i'm asking. Also does anyone know where i can get a Nuke pac (IPE bag), I keep getting conflicting stories that it's a unit issue from supply and its a supply issue from my unit QM, and i saw in a previous post that its discontinued even though i know some INF reserve guys who got issued Theirs from "Dockyard" supply a few weeks ago. so am i better off just ordering one or what???
PS: I'm on course (ATCIS) in gagetown 18 apr to mid may (only person from my unit) if any one up there wants to show me what fun (if any) there is to be had in gagetown.    :threat:

Yeah, I've also ordered a bunch of stuff from cadpat.com. They have some neat stuff. One thing that I bought that I really like is the Canteen Straw. Works great and you don't need a hydration system, just run it through the webbing.

Boot bands
Buck Pouch
Name Tapes
Canteen Straw
FMP+Books
Hydration Tube Cover

On another note, how are the 2 Gerber Multi-tools they have there? Are they any good? Are any of the 2 one that has been issued to the CF?
And what is the actual model of the Gerber that is issued?

It's been a little time since I received my CPGear hydration pack and thought I would share my revised impressions of it after a good field test.
Initially satisfied with this piece of kit,I soon grew to loathe it.When worn,it feels "odd"on your back,and will not draw tight.Although made of good material,my stitching came out of the shoulder straps after a few times of trying to remedy the above.
I found that the sternum strap is far too uncomfortable to wear with anything other than a t-shirt,and is located to high on the straps to be any usefulness.
All in all,I turfed it along with my Platy Bladder,which developed a small crack in the seam and leaked all over me,and replaced it with a rare CamelBak mil-spec Mule in OD(a very rare find and lucked out in the bidding).Rather than trying to lash items to the outside like the CP system,the CamelBak gives you a 9L kit capacity that is perfect for small,short stints to the bush.
If anyone is considering buying this item,or it's new brother,I would say,check E-Bay first.You can usually find the more respected,popular and larger variety there for cheaper prices.With all the cost of taxes,duties and tariffs I paid,my Camel Bak I purchased is still cheaper than the new CP pack and comes complate with bladder,valve,tube cover, valve cover included and is brand new with all tags in the original package.
On the other hand,If your a CADPAT junkie,who is not going on tour anytime soon,likes uncomfortable kit,than the CP gear is for you.Just remember:Buyer Beware.

How are the 2 Gerber Multi-tools they have there? Are they any good? Are any of the 2 one that has been issued to the CF?
And what is the actual model of the Gerber that is issued if known?

I have the Gerber compact pliers and it seems to work great for me and it was cheaper than the other one but it only is missing a few of the accessories the full size one has, and i might by the screw driver set that you can get to go with it.

Back