• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian peacekeeper gear...

foxtwo said:

I believe there were only 3 types issued.

The first was a stainless (shinny) Gerber that's similar to the one on the CP site except the blades/tools wouldn't lock in place.
The second was a black version of the original Gerber that had locking tools (exactly as the CP link).
The newest one is a modified SOG EOD Powerlock multitool.  I can't find the exact model that the CF uses so I assume it was a custom job.  IIRC, the CF version doesn't have sciccors while the civi one does.

The SOG one is (according to CTS) delievered to pers entitled to ICE while the Gerber is given to the rest.

Papke said:
Like It Scale of 1-4

I purchased a Canadian Peacekeeper FMP Cover (Now FMP #1) Great piece of kit, At Camp, I had to write up a memorandum in the middle of the night, in my hooch, it was a breeze, with the format right beside me in the protector cover, it was a breeze, plus all the storage space with the full length zippered pocket on the side is a bonus. Like it Scale: 4/4

Name Tags (3/4" Olive Webbing): They were pretty good, except the way they embroidered them, the stitching carried across the front from one letter to the other... and I ordered 3 of them...sigh... oh well, over all it was pretty good kit.   Like it Scale: 2/4

Watchband Cover (Olive): Pretty good piece of kit, though a friend of mine had to replace hers cuz the material that covered the watch, wore through with a small hole and a ring of white where the watch was. They could beef up the material there, other than that, good piece of kit. Like It Scale: 3.8/4

UPDATE - Bought More Stuff
Tri-Fold Zippered Wallet (Olive): Great piece of kit, bought it mostly because of the zippered change pouch, (hated my previous wallet because of that) plus the full length bill pocket is a nice feature for stuffing extra stuff in and not loosing it and lots of space for Credit Cards etc. Like It Scale: 4/4

Hang-Up Shower Shave Kit (Olive)
Is fairly good, though its just a bit to small for my stuff, I wonder if it would be better to add an extra zip up pouch on the bottom, for say your shampoo and Soap or the Collapsible washbasin, Like It Scale: 3/4

Field Pillow (Olive): The fleece is nice on the face at night and the being a stuff sack at night is a good feature, It fits the Liner of the 3-Season's Combat Jacket Perfectly, I wouldnt want to stuff next days clothes in there, because it doesnt keep the clothes warm (In the Winter anyway) and the only change Id want to make is so you can turn it inside out and zip it up, to protect the fleece and still have it be fufilled as a stuff sack, nonetheless, I am proud to say this is a great piece of kit Like It Scale 4/4

Zip up FMP #6 (Small one that goes with CP Gear Sm. waterproof paper)(Olive):
my only complaints is that it should of been a bit wider to accompany a pen / pencil slot, inside the FMP, Beside the paper. It fits the 50pg book, but there is lots of space (almost to much) and would probably better accompany a 100 pg Book Like It Scale: 3/4

Waterproof Paper (Sm Notepad, Green, 50pg):
Is what it says its, and dont use an eraser on the paper, because it immediately looses its green colour and turns white, it should come in a 100pg Form to better fit FMP #6 Like It Scale: 3/4

(Havent Bought this product yet, merely my observation from reading the catalouge)
Waterproof Pen: I dont know whether the pen is essential because, when using a regular pen the ink didnt run on me (after writing on a sheet of the waterproof paper and running the sheet of paper under water) the only thing I see as a bonus is its shorter than regular pens and might fit inside FMP#6

- q_1966   :warstory:

Also bought the
Sewing Kit
Sewing Kit, is great, you can really cram alot of stuff in (almost overstuffed) (I got my Sewing Kit, First Aid Kit & a bit of emegency food) An essential Item of my Survival Kit. The Complimentary Scisors, cant say much about those, Theyre cheaply made, as soon as I got them, the Chrome plating flaked off. Like It Scale: 3.9/4

Wow, that's sure alot of useless junk you've bought off CP.

After going into the field for any period of time, you begin to get rid of that stuff.

Hope you didn't spend too much....

All of the our BOTC candidates who came out to Farnam with junior general kits saw my bare ass FMP in a ziplock bag.  Bottom line: go with what you are comfortable with, but don't be afraid to experiment during non critical periods.

You can always flog the stuff you don't use later.

Tom

After using a nukebag to haul C6 ammo with my nuke bag (bunk) I got the Recce Patrol Pack in CADPAT (before CDN PCKPR became CP Gear Online) and haven't parted with it since. As a daypack, it's much better for carrying stuff (nuke bag's only good for light but bulky items like fleece) thanks to it's padded back panel and shoulder straps (like on the 82 ruck.) It's also a great alternative to using the "Man Pack" for hauling the 522 because of the built-in shelf (like the 82 ruck) the padding (comforting on a march) and the cord flaps on the lid for running radio wires, antennas or even hydration tubes.

Overall, it's the best piece of kit I got from Wheeler's (and if given the opportunity to get the old one again, I would without second thoughts.)

I was just reading the posts about cpgear, and I want to address a question more directly as I need/want a hydration system before summer training. Which, in your opinion, (please only use real, 1st hand experience)is better, the cpgear hydration #2 http://www.wheelersonline.com/detail.asp?product_id=3039s  or the thermbak 3L by camelbak?              http://camelbak.com/mil/cb_prod.cfm?Product_ID=81&CATID=6     

While some of the CP Gear stuff isnt that bad (i had their patrol pack a while back but sold it and went for a CADPAT Tactical Tailor 3 day pack), It is best to stick to tactical tailor, dropzone, Specopsbrand, HSG, ESSTAC, Custom Tactical Creations, and blackhawk (Their gen 4 STRIKE gear), for serious use gear.

LOL I probably have more non issued kit from these places then kit I got issued

Ya ya I know im a geardo ;D

Definately the camelback..

infact if you can get your hands on this model...it is the meow.

http://camelbak.com/mil/cb_prod.cfm?Product_ID=159&CATID=6

Seeing as the viper is only available in black and woodland, would black be an "acceptable" colour?

the camel bak has military spec bladders

Wheelers/cp gear does not....

camelbak should cost less as well...
plus you get an insuated straw in black where as
wheelers only has the blue straw... cadpat insulated is extra

On cougar salvo last month i saw 1 or 2 troops that had camelbacks with the label and eveything except in cadpat. Where would someone get a cadpat camelback? are they available for purchase somewhere or is this a issue item?

I remember seeing a CADPAT camelback in some issue of the MapleLeaf or some other mil publication.  I'm sure they exist but are as an operational item only (not sure though).

They do exist, and they are issued in theater. It is a permanent issue, as you don't turn them back in at the end of tour.

Issue cadpat camelbak.....

I tried to get ahold of some the other day.
Must be a military order, minimum 200 and
they're $85 approximately....

for the issues 3 litre camelbak

FYI

There are also cadpat "sleeves" that you can put over say an AR coloured camelback.Google it or check ebay

i was wondering if both of these are comfortable to wear under the rucksack. Also I have a omega reservoir for another camelbak I have,m so would I be able to use my 2 litre omega reservoir in the cpgear hydration #2?

What makes a camelback "milspec"?  Is it more resilient to abuse?

Just wondering, because I play a version of "capture the flag" in the summer time, where I could get hit with a stick, in the back....And need to know if it takes abuse well...

Back