• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Source for MREs/IMPs?

Try Beaver surplus stor toronto ont, they will sell them by the box or individual meal.  Located on Duffren st south of the 401.

I guess he hasn't had any of our previous culinary disasters like Macaroni and cheese with peas. Or the Corned Salt with a bit of beef hash.

Tango18A said:
I guess he hasn't had any of our previous culinary disasters like Macaroni and cheese with peas. Or the Corned Salt with a bit of beef hash.
Or the bag o' omelet.

Ah, yes. The wonderless Lung in o'bag. I just puked in my mouth just thinking about it.  :-X

The latest incarnation of omlette was actually pretty good, or at least I thought so.. I've heard "Omlette with Salsa" referred to as "lung in a bag" ... but I think it's half tasty, nothing like the original "lung in a bag"... that thing was nasty...

I will agree with that. Lung in a Bag was bad, but the salsa made it bearable.

Baked desserts? They were the BEST!!

You just don't know how to eat them...

The trick with the baked cherry desert was to break it into chunks, soak it over night, boil it with salt cod, and top with fried onions and pork fat. Better known as "Fish and Brewis"

So how did you let your tent group commander let you stay in place for so long to make it? >:D

a Sig Op said:

The trick with the baked cherry desert was to break it into chunks, soak it over night, boil it with salt cod, and top with fried onions and pork fat. Better known as "Fish and Brewis"

Whoa... I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Does anybody know if the omelette with salsa is actually egg? The texture and taste doesn't seem like egg at all. 

May have been powdered egg at one point, powdered egg has a weird texture when reconsituted.

Allons-y said:
Does anybody know if the omelette with salsa is actually egg? The texture and taste doesn't seem like egg at all.
I'd rather not know the answer to this question.  Ignorance is bliss.  :nod:

a Sig Op said:

I'd advise you to seek professional help.

Baked desserts were never intended for human consumption. To be used as track pads? yes. Along with thousands of other field expedient repairs.

If you heated them up, then squeezed either the jam or honey tubes on top, they were pretty damn fabulous.

Jim Seggie said:
I'd advise you to seek professional help.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fish_and_brewis

Hard tack/baked cherry desert... close enough....

Tango18A said:
Baked desserts were never intended for human consumption. To be used as track pads? yes. Along with thousands of other field expedient repairs.
Call me crazy but I thought they were OK. There was worse things "back in the day" of the IRP.

Corned beef hash being one.

I'm getting hungry.....

Jim Seggie said:
Call me crazy but I thought they were OK. There was worse things "back in the day" of the IRP.

Corned beef hash being one.

I'm getting hungry.....

Canned bacon; Awesome.  Canned bacon and eggs; Awful.  The Vienna sausage rocked, though.

Back