• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian "Support Our Troops" Ribbons, Bracelets, Pins, etc

...and another.
Hey... I'm getting kind of used to this stuff.  Old dogs and new tricks..

This may sound like a stupid question, but what about making yellow scarves?  When worn properly, they would even look like those ribbons. ???

Hmmm...thinking....thinking...
Not a Bad idea,HS, but not everyone can wear that much yellow and get away with it.  Maybe your 9er can sew up a bunch and see how it goes.  Or you, matter not.  It's all for a good cause.

:cdn:

What I was thinking was this:
Red shirt
Yellow scarf
Now, please don't get me to do up the scarves, if I did, they would end up the clothing equivalent of Charlie Brown's Christmas Tree :D

HEE HEE, What is it with you and red???
You'd look like a walking yellow ribbon.
And, what's the matter with Charlie Brown's Xmas tree???
8)

Hauptmann Scharlachrot said:
This may sound like a stupid question, but what about making yellow scarves?  When worn properly, they would even look like those ribbons. ???

Mein gut Herr, someone beat you to it. There is a group of military wives in the US who identify themselves by wearing their hand-knitted yellow scarves. For the life of me I can't remember the site but there is a pic somewhere on the web.

I like the red ones much better though since more people can get away with red. My favourit ones are where when you look closely you actually see miniature ribbons in relief, like bas-relief.

Bas-relief ribbons sounds cool.  But aren't they identifying themselves to others too when the wear the yellow scarf? 
Call me weird, but the bad guys would have only to look for certain "things" and have you pegged as "Military".
:army:

This reminds me that all our "Support Our Troops" car magnets were kindly 'borrowed' from the ***-end of our van during the Holidays in Toronto.

Mind you, the geographical location doesn't seem to be a factor in the 'borrowing' of such as I have had them removed in Charlottetown, PEI, Springhill & Amherst NS, and in Oromocto & Freddy NB.

It would seem that they are becoming very popular items and it was nice to see the amount of them adorning vehicles that I did while in the big city of TO.

They are making a fortune off me, as I port both the cadpat and yellow versions simultaneously (which also disappear simultaneously), but no biggie; I can walk into the office next door to me when I get back to work on the 9th and buy some more.

Anybody else out there seen the red fleece "Support Our Troops" jackets yet? My dad got one for Christmas from my brother who is currently in Trenton. Didn't see them at the Canex here in Gagetown, so I suspect they come out of the MFRC. I need to get my hands on one of them to wear to work on Fridays. Man, must call the brother.

The Librarian said:
Anybody else out there seen the red fleece "Support Our Troops" jackets yet? My dad got one for Christmas from my brother who is currently in Trenton. Didn't see them at the Canex here in Gagetown, so I suspect they come out of the MFRC. I need to get my hands on one of them to wear to work on Fridays. Man, must call the brother.

I've seen them here in Pet at the Canex, they were a very hot item before Christmas!  I saw them one day, went back the next and all they had left were men's XXL.  Tell me how that is suppose to fit my very petite Mother!  She ended up getting an IOU for it, hopefully they'll get more in soon.

They are all over the place here in NS and as well in QC...at the Canex...very nice I might ad

HL

Are these the ones?
478171000000.jpg

They are showing them on the canex site for $39.99 in both black and red.  They do look really nice.

I have to go into the Canex here tomorrow, so I will be sure to look for them.  Not sure how much room I have left to pack anything more, but I'll squeeze it in if I can find one.

Thanks Mich!  I'd appreciate it, if you don't have the room, or don't get there, don't worry about it!

Mrs, I'll get hubs to have a look when he goes back to work tomorrow.  What size? Ladies Med?

Esquimalt Canex has the fleece jackets in both red and black, and lots of them in stock too.  The ladies ones that they have are 1/4 zip and the men's are full zip.  (just don't go running in to get them until the end of the week so that I can get back in tomorrow and pick a couple up. :D)

A number of threads ago I read a email re someones surprise of the amount of magnets here in Toronto. I would suggest the reason is that during the CNE CFPSA climbed on board with the LFCA/JTFC OP CONNECTION cell. CFPSA grossed $76K in sales mostly magnets not incl internet sales and increased awareness. That being said the magnet is a hot item here in the city and being pulled from cars (theft in Toronto shocking I tell you shocking). We at the Sapper Mike McTeague Wounded Warrior Fund are looking at cracking out Wounded Warrior Maple Leafs see web site for logo www.woundedwarriors.ca

What does everyone think good idea or bad. The good side to it will be that all proceeds will go to assisting the wounded in the recovery process. In any event I am interested in feedback re Maple Leaf magnets or any other products that would raise money for the fund.

Captain J

I, for one, would be proud to slap a Maple Leaf magnet on my car. 9er would love it too.
We'd be a moving magnet... ;D

Might help hold the "ol girl" together and knock off some rust...
lotsocoffee.gif

captj, I went to the site, where's your link to the Wounded Maple Leaf? Or am I being blind again?
Cheers,

BYT

By Maple Leaf magnet I mean the logo we are using. I am looking a reproducing the logo as a car maganet. So what do you think of the site???????

The updated site is crisp and clean, very informative. I didn't peruse all about the place, I can only guess that there's lots of info and stuff.  I'm glad to see that you've collected so much already. 
I have a question but I'll PM it.
:cdn:

Back