• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian "Support Our Troops" Ribbons, Bracelets, Pins, etc

I'd rather have a squaddie jump out the trunk and throat punch the next person who tries to swipe it.

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF PURCHASED FROM "CANEX" GOTO THE CANADIAN MILITARY OR NOT.. I WANT TO PURCHASE MINE KNOWING THE PROCEEDS GOTO A GOOD ORGANIZATION. :cdn:

does anyone konw if "CANEX" merchandise profits goto the military or any other good casues? :cdn:

it all goes back into support programs for military members and their families

Ewwwwww!  Turn off the "Caps Lock".

Yes Canex does pump some of its profits back into the military by placing them in their Non-Public Funds account.  It has nothing to do with the Defence Budget and the purchase of military equipment. Those accounts go towards other activites for the soldiers in the maintainence of their Gyms, Sports facilities and equipment, recreation activites, etc.  CANEX is the Canadian Forces Exchange, and is a 'business' so it must make a profit in order to survive.  Originally it was to provide the members of the military with good products at a reasonable cost/rate. 

I am sure. Any "profit" realized by CANEX is re-invested in CFPSA programs.

all been a great help thank you... we recently lost someone very close to us, and i would like to give something back... it wasnt until this happened that i am closely watching the news and researching whats going on....:(

if you want to give something back may I suggest one of the funds set up to assist wounded soldiers

here is one of them: http://thercr.ca/hospital_packs.htm

COBRA-6 said:
if you want to give something back may I suggest one of the funds set up to assist wounded soldiers

here is one of them: http://thercr.ca/hospital_packs.htm

Now this beats putting a ribbon magnet on your vehicle (thought there is nothing wrong with that at all)...this is something that will have a real impact for the guys and girls who end up needing something like this.

Are the other regiments doing something similiar?

Edit: Just re-read the page on the link it appears the PPCLI are the initiators of this idea.

if no one else is planning on getting that sticker idea of yours moving, ill do it. i have a friend who can get them silk-screened onto hoodies and t-shirts etc. if you're interested.

let me know if that idea appeals to you and ill print out the image and get it moving.

Some of you may remember my mentioning having a new military support magnet made. Well, I finally got them. I will send them COD anywhere in Canada unless other arrangements are made.  They are $6 each. I have a paypal account to make payment easier and will accept email bank transfers as well.

They are a solid magnet, no punch outs, and are a full 8"x4".  They are made with outdoor quality materials.

Just so that everyone knows the situation and so that no one thinks I'm profiting off these. Yes, the website says they cost less but that is US dollars and doesn't include shipping or duties/taxes.

If any of you are interested, let me know. Here's the picture...

magnetcanada.jpg

Christmas is coming, and I wish to buy some.  AWESOME magnet!

I'm running out right away to find out how much it costs to send up to 5 out at a time.  I will come back online as soon as I get back to let people know.

My paypal email is robyn@agbarchitects.com, email bank transfers can be sent there as well.  I will send them out the same day.

I'm not making any profit on the magnets.  But, another thing I'm working on is having commemerative magnets made for all of the families of the fallen with names and pictures of their loved ones on them.

They are working on window decals for me as well I just don't have them yet.

They can be ordered from the website as well but it will cost you more than it will from me after shipping/taxes/fees/currency conversion.  I will send them out same day.

I checked into shipping costs.  If it is just one magnet, the cost is around $2 for regular mail.  For 5, it is $3 regular mail and approx $10 for xpresspost.

I will either ship them COD or the shipping can be pre-paid and I will send them out.

Back