• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian "Tanker" jacket-Where to get one?

Jamie99

Inactive
Reaction score
Greetings to all!  I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can find a Canadian Armoured Vehicle Crewmans jacket-from the 80's I think....Not sure if they're still issued?  Looking for a good Surplus/Used one-to fit a chap who's 5'-10" tall, 44" chest.  They were (Are?) OD green canvas/cotton.  Can't recall if it had a hood...?...Zipped up in front, had some tool? loops on the left hand side as I recall?  I had one and it fell apart years ago from use.  Just wondering if anyone knows where I can find one in decent shape?  I'm writing from Vancouver Island.  Can be reached at:  jwja@telus.net.

Thanks to all, Cheers-Jamie

You're meaning the one that has the offset zipper, right?

Give Harreson's a try, they're located in downtown Victoria and my mate has had good luck finding odd kit with them. Otherwise there could be some at the surplus shops around Vancouver (Gorilla, Dave's or Urban).

Failing that, eBay...they pop up every now and then.

Thank you very Much, I'll Give Harrisons a try!  Thanks again!  Cheers-JHW

I have one that's almost new and should fit too! Have no idea of the going rate but if you make me an offer I can't refuse its yours (plus shipping of course).

I can send pics if you want.

XR

XRRIDER, Thank you for the offer, however, I bought one on-line, coming from Quebec and has not arrived yet.
However, I'm feeling titchy about the size....
We'll see.  What size is yours, and sure, let's see some Pics if you'd care to.
If the One I ordered does not fit, I'd be interested in yours, where are you?
PS-I paid $90.00 Cdn.  Thanks and Cheers-JHW

Not sure of the size, will have to check and get back to you tonight. I am a stocky 5' 9" and it fits with room to move around!

I'm in Ottawa

Back