• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CANFORGEN 97/08 LDA FAQs

I found that while I served with the Army of the west, 3 and 1 RCHA, almost all the units out west were switched on when it came to paperwork, and kit issues, unlike now here at LFCA Petawawa.

Hey all
I just checked with one of our clerks, and followed up by checking my March end of month pay statement on EMAA, and, at least for me, the retro pay for the LDA is in. Cha Ching!

Try not to crash the system by checking all at once!

I've talked to a few pers, and it appears on some, and not on others...  Sounds like a crap shoot.

good luck everyone!

Some units followed the directions given from Ottawa, and members got theirs right on schedule. Some others attempted to interpret the directions from Ottawa as mere guidelines, and now their members are waiting patiently.

It's amazing how people take the words "You will..." and interpret them as "If and when you see fit can you please...." ::)

best of it all is that they will now blame it on Ottawa and the member again goes away with the impression that they were screwed by the pencil pushers in Ottawa.

Somethings never change.

Well they finally started doing something but now I was told that Ottawa have taken over some screen and the code they try to use is frozen and they cannot access it now until Ottawa unblocks it. I hope this makes sense for somebody.

End Mar pay guide in, and I am getting the back pay 31 Mar. Cha-ching. 8)

Not currently entitled to LDA, so not sure when the allowance will start.

For those that did get it was it was the back pay based on the base amount or what you would have been getting had this allowance been up and running?

Lone Wolf AT said:
For those that did get it was it was the back pay based on the base amount or what you would have been getting had this allowance been up and running?

It was what you would have been getting.  The regular allowance starts 01 Apr 09.

I worked at the Armour School for many years.. and we all know that they NEVER go to the field.  I was not entitled to it.

I am really not sure how they figured entitlement so I only put in for as far back as 2007.  The paper sent to me was very vague.  I am sure it should be higher if I calculate my regimental time before the posting (of 11 years!!) and the ice storm, Saguenay floods, Bosnia, etc..

More to follow next week when I get back to work and talk with super clerks!!

Bzz and LWAT

If you were on tour and in receipt of HA you will not be paid any LDA backpay for that time, meaning that if you were on tour anytime between 1 Apr 07 until now you will get points but no cash.

So when we go on tour we will not continue to get LDA but instead get HA and points towards LDA.

Clear as mud?

Thanks I did know that.  Thank you anyway though.  Bzzliteyr I have heard the schools are going to be getting it now.  Yeah I know Rumint et al

Mid April for us. However,

It was just deemed by some clerk in Western area that anyone on PCat or TCat will NOT have their LDA submitted until a review has been done. No names, no pack drill. I am on TCat, but with no restrictions. I am fit field and operationally deployable. The nature of the TCat is my own business.
So it appears as though some butt covering is going on as the original CANFORGEN said it was pers who were unfit field. Heaven for bid they ask these questions and review our MPRR with us with a copy of the TCat during our one on one LDA interview.

Anywho, I will just have to wait a bit longer. I won't be able to spend it until I get back from Suffield.  ;D

Back