• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CANFORGEN on Pay and PIL

That is true but perhaps there are more files, less people working on the files, and we have the Res to Reg pickle that probably the RCMP doesn't have a lot of. If you have no res time and are taking less then half your OR will handle the payout.

Question: I released in April and at the time knew nothing of severance benefits. I've heard nothing from anyone since my release so I visited my former OR and they weren't able to provide much information. Could someone PM me if there is a number for Reserve pay where I could find out what/if I am owed and when I might expect it?

You would have got it when you released from the reserves.  Provided you had enough time in to be entitled to it. 

Under the previous RFRG, you needed 10 years to qual for it.  However, and I may wrong, if you released in April '12, I believe you would qualify for the current 'severance payment'.  Based on memory, I believe it would be equal to 7 weeks pay.  Again, I could be wrong.  :2c:

SGT-RMSCLK said:
You need 10 years in to get the RFRG

Incorrect.  The RFRG no longer exists. It has been replaced with the CF severance pay.

So Monitor Mass shows that I have the RES GMT RCT/BASIC 28-JUN-1993.  Now the clerks tell me this is not good enough.  Do they mean not good enough to prove I was in the reserves or not good enough to show there was no stoppage in time?  I also have RES QL3 INFANTRY 26-JUL-1993, ASLT PNR - BASIC 06-JUL-1995 and then 04-DEC-1997, Action Hire, Reason Transfer.

They should be able to bring  up your reserve MPRR.  And there should be a (can't remember form #, 1017 maybe?) Statement of Reserve Service that shows it all.

I asked that and they said unless its on my Pers File it would be in National Archives

MM is NOT the system of record for anything and that's why they can't accept it. Have the OR pull off your HRMS MPRR. If its says stuff on MM, it has to be on HRMS as MM pulls HRMS data to populate its tombstone data like crse info.  Or someone who doesn't know the two systems don't talk has added things to your MM profile, in which case, plse see my first sentence. 
TM

Eye In The Sky said:
They should be able to bring  up your reserve MPRR.  And there should be a (can't remember form #, 1017 maybe?) Statement of Reserve Service that shows it all.

In an ideal world:

Pre-2005 when a member released from the PRes the 1007 Record of Reserve Service, was required by the CFRG for CTs.

After that time, MPRRs are now used.

turretmonster said:
MM is NOT the system of record for anything and that's why they can't accept it. Have the OR pull off your HRMS MPRR. If its says stuff on MM, it has to be on HRMS as MM pulls HRMS data to populate its tombstone data like crse info.  Or someone who doesn't know the two systems don't talk has added things to your MM profile, in which case, plse see my first sentence. 
TM

HRMS is short for what?

Human Resource Management System, aka People Soft. Your orderly room will know what it is.

Its a common app across the Gov't.  It's where everything about you is stored.

http://www.dndjobs.forces.gc.ca/working-travailler/hr-rh-eng.asp

kratz said:
In an ideal world:

Pre-2005 when a member released from the PRes the 1007 Record of Reserve Service, was required by the CFRG for CTs.

After that time, MPRRs are now used.

I CTd in '07 and I have the copy of my 1007.  IIRC, its also on my Reg Frce pers file.  I have a copy though, several actually.

Confirmed.  Anything from the MPRR no matter which MPRR is not proof according to the second senior clerk on base of time in the Reserves.  WTF

Then you will have to put in a request to Ottawa for a search of your records. Just about everyone who bought back their reserve time for pension purposes had a search done if they didn;t have all their pay records.

Back