• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CANFORGEN on Pay and PIL

I think the team should be given carrots and not sticks.  It's a monumental task and they are progressing at a good pace.

Sarcasm ? Really ? My question was legit and I was expecting to inform myself and other peoples who still wonders about it.

Maybe you have too much spare time....

Almostthere said:
Sarcasm ? Really ? My question was legit and I was expecting to inform myself and other peoples who still wonders about it.

Maybe you have too much spare time....
Maybe you should go use the official chain of command then, instead of relying on faceless people on a non official internet forum, if your trying to update your pers as to the goings on of their payments.

Anyone know if they've started working on March yet?
I'm sure the PIL team is under stress and must be happy to see an end in site.

The_Dictat said:
... I just got an official update via a PIL of CFSP Update message dated 291407Z AUG 13:

"1. SINCE THE IMPLEMENTATION OF PIL (PAYMENT IN LIEU) OF CFSP (CANADIAN FORCES SEVERANCE PAY), THE PIL TEAM HAS RECEIVED OVER 44000 FILES FOR AUDIT
2.  AT THIS TIME WE ARE AUDITING THE FILES RECEIVED BY OUR OFFICE ON 22 FEB 13."
44000 files for audit.  How many had been received by 22 Feb (or, what percentage of the total are they at)?
The information is not really there to make an apples to apples comparison.

I've seen that post, I was only asking if anyone knew what week they are one.  I am going to assume that the last couple of weeks they are going to be swamped.  The OR at our base waited till the last week to submit their stuff.

How does Revenue Canada get through all those tax returns and still manage to get my return back to me in less than 3 weeks. 

Spring_bok said:
How does Revenue Canada get through all those tax returns and still manage to get my return back to me in less than 3 weeks.

Because they have programs that pick out only the relevant entries on your tax forms.  Now why didn't you ask about Canada Pensions, or some other organization that you want to get money back from......a university, Ontario Hydro,  the bank......???

Sunnyns said:
I've seen that post, I was only asking if anyone knew what week they are one.  I am going to assume that the last couple of weeks they are going to be swamped.  The OR at our base waited till the last week to submit their stuff.

Why not use your real name and see how good RevCan is about checking tax returns ;D

Sent an email to the PIL team today, was very pleasantly surprised to get a phone call from Heather (the team leader).  She said that they are now working on files received on the 27th of Feb 2013, so for those of you that have emails stating when your file was sent to Ottawa, keep in mind it might be a little off (as mine stated it was submitted on 12 Feb 13).

They are working hard though.

So it looks like it is taking 6 months plus.  I put mine in to my OR in January, got the magical email in June, so it looks like Christmas or beyond. Not impressed with the timeline from my OR to PIL team.  I am sure they are working hard, maybe there should have been more of them.

NavalMoose said:
So it looks like it is taking 6 months plus.  I put mine in to my OR in January, got the magical email in June, so it looks like Christmas or beyond. Not impressed with the timeline from my OR to PIL team.  I am sure they are working hard, maybe there should have been more of them.

Keep in mind there are probably a lot of units who dumped files at the deadline, or filed everyone together so it's going to bog the system down when they get closer to that deadline.

They are making progress.  The PIL Team website:

http://cmp-cpm.forces.mil.ca/dgmc/engraph/DMCA4_PIL_Team_e.asp

It was updated on the 17th and said:
"The PIL Team has been fully operational for some months now and has received over 44,600 files to be audited. Audits have been completed on 11,642 files comprised of both Regular Force and Reserve Force.
Files are being audited based on the date the file has been received by the PIL Team in Ottawa, not the date the member submits the application to the support unit. Currently the team is auditing files received on 26 February 2013. The majority of the files that were received prior to this date have been audited and returned for payment. Those requiring additional information from either units and/or archives are put on hold until the information comes in."

NavalMoose said:

What is meant by "got the magical email in June"?  I know my forms were dropped off at the OR but I've never received any sort of follow up email or anything.  I had just assumed they were sent off with everyone else's when the OR sent them in.  I don't really give it all that much thought and just figured I'd hear something when I heard but I'm wondering if I should be concerned.

Had a member of our unit who is on Class B who elected Pil and it looks like he just might get the big shaft......

He applied for Pil and provided his letter from CRA for the Tax Waiver.  His Pil was processed/authorized and when his supporting pay office applied it to his pay, they did it as "taxable income".  The tax hit was over $4K and on top of that, if they can't reverse the transaction, he gets the double wammy...........it will push him into the next "tax bracket" which means everything he earns this year, will have a 26% Federal Tax rate as opposed to a 22% rate because his income will exceed the CRA threshold ($87,123).

DAA said:
Had a member of our unit who is on Class B who elected Pil and it looks like he just might get the big shaft......

He applied for Pil and provided his letter from CRA for the Tax Waiver.  His Pil was processed/authorized and when his supporting pay office applied it to his pay, they did it as "taxable income".  The tax hit was over $4K and on top of that, if they can't reverse the transaction, he gets the double wammy...........it will push him into the next "tax bracket" which means everything he earns this year, will have a 26% Federal Tax rate as opposed to a 22% rate because his income will exceed the CRA threshold ($87,123).

There seem to be a few of those waivers that must have gotten lost en route...

DAA,

Only the part above $87,123 will be taxed at 26%.  Everything else ($87,123 and below) will be taxed at 22%...

Got word that a bunch in Montreal are getting their PILs on their next pay or/ mid-october.

SupersonicMax said:
DAA,

Only the part above $87,123 will be taxed at 26%.  Everything else ($87,123 and below) will be taxed at 22%...

Yes, you are correct.  Sorry, my bad......

so I  rec'd my PiL.  I had submitted on the day we were allowed to submit date fails my memory now, my unit in Germany sent them in as we submitted them.  I had reserve time and broken service and reg F time and took the 100% option.  I rec'd an email from the clerk in CFSU(E) asking which bank account I'd like my PiL deposited to, then the next day i rec'd an email from the clerk in the BOR in North Bay informing me my PiL would be deposited in the bank at the end of the month.  Didn't think anything of it.  Couple days ago i check my bank online and saw my pil was DFT'd to my account.  Yesterday I got a phone call to come over to the BOR.  Turns out I was DFT'd my PiL and it went in my pay guide...so I was going to get it twice! but now they recalled my end month pay so I don't receive it twice...but i also have to wait a couple of days for a manual DFT of my end month pay....no biggie, just glad i rec'd it...one way or another!

Back