• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CANFORGEN on Pay and PIL

As of April 14, 2014, the PIL Team has received over 45,500 files to be audited. Audits have been completed on 42,268 files or 92.6% comprised of both Regular Force and Reserve Force.

Files are being audited based on the date the file has been received by the PIL Team in Ottawa, not the date the member submits the application to the support unit. Currently the team is auditing files received on 4 June 2013. The majority of the files that were received prior to this date have been audited and returned for payment. Those requiring additional information from either units and/or archives are put on hold until the

Kindly if someone can answer this: Does the Pil team send some kind of email when they actually done auditing the files and,  they are sent for payments? Do they provide a time frame such as; you payment will be made within X amount of days, thank you.

vandoos283 said:
Kindly if someone can answer this: Does the Pil team send some kind of email when they actually done auditing the files and,  they are sent for payments? Do they provide a time frame such as; you payment will be made within X amount of days, thank you.

From what I have seen in the case of others in my ofice (I'm one of he lucky 7.4% that are waiting still) once they they are finished doing the voodoo they do you may hear from them but you most likely will not.  Most in my office were just pleasently surprised when checking their pay statement because notice for payment went right to the pay office.  In the case of two of our pers the notice was mistakenly sent to our OR so they heard about it that way but thats the anomaly.

They completed my audit some time ago. They also told me not to expect any money until, at least, September 2014.

Schindler's Lift said:
From what I have seen in the case of others in my ofice (I'm one of he lucky 7.4% that are waiting still) once they they are finished doing the voodoo they do you may hear from them but you most likely will not.  Most in my office were just pleasently surprised when checking their pay statement because notice for payment went right to the pay office.  In the case of two of our pers the notice was mistakenly sent to our OR so they heard about it that way but thats the anomaly.

Many thanks!

I received notification from the WOR folks, as well, vice the PIL team.  Likely that the PIL team folks don't have global access to CCPS or "alt pon" to your pay or whatever it is called, so sending to BOR/WOR/URS makes sense for actual payment via CCPS.

Same with RPSR, the pay clerks will see who is getting PIL on the pay runs......

NFLD Sapper said:
Same with RPSR, the pay clerks will see who is getting PIL on the pay runs......

Actually, completely different.

In CCPS, it is the local Pay Office that inputs the transaction to pay out PiL.

In RPSR, the transaction is input centrally at DMPAP in Ottawa.

recceguy said:
They completed my audit some time ago. They also told me not to expect any money until, at least, September 2014.

Hmmm, curious.  I was at the BOR a few weeks ago when some PIL docs came in and the clerk noted they do their best to get it on the next pay.  The lack of consistency never ceases to amaze.

dapaterson said:
Actually, completely different.

In CCPS, it is the local Pay Office that inputs the transaction to pay out PiL.

In RPSR, the transaction is input centrally at DMPAP in Ottawa.

Ok, all I know is that my pay clerks knew before I did that....

Recieved my payout email today. Also the PIL site has been updated as below:

As of April 30, 2014, the PIL Team has received 45,652 files to be audited. Audits have been completed on 44,364 files or 97.14% comprised of both Regular Force and Reserve Force.

Files are being audited based on the date the file has been received by the PIL Team in Ottawa, not the date the member submits the application to the support unit. Currently the team is auditing files received in September 2013. The majority of the files that were received prior to this date have been audited and returned for payment. Those requiring additional information from either units and/or archives are put on hold until the information comes in.

My pay office got my PIL docs back, of course two days befor mid month pay was done, so I have to wait till end month but at least the end is in sight.

Update today:

CANFORGEN 075/14 CMP 033/14 051526Z MAY 14
PIL OF CFSP PROCESS - REMINDERS
UNCLASSIFIED

THE DMCA 4 PIL TEAM HAS RECEIVED OVER 45 THOUSAND FILES TO AUDIT. AUDIT HAS BEEN COMPLETED AND PAYMENT AUTHORIZED ON OVER 44 THOUSAND FILES, OR MORE THAN NINETY EIGHT PERCENT. THE TEAM IS CURRENTLY WORKING ON FILES RECEIVED ON 30 SEPTEMBER 2013

THE PIL TEAM PROVIDES A BI-MONTHLY SIT REP LOCATED ON THEIR WEB SITE. TO FIND OUT WHAT DATE THE PIL TEAM IS CURRENTLY WORKING ON AND HOW MANY FILES HAVE BEEN PROCESSED. PLEASE VISIT http://cmp-cpm.forces.mil.ca/dgmc/admin/pil-ptli/index-eng.asp

IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED YOUR PAYMENT OR AN UPDATE REGARDING YOUR PIL, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR UNIT ORDERLY ROOM SO THEY CAN DETERMINE WHEN YOUR PIL FILE HAS BEEN SENT FOR AUDIT

ONCE THE PIL TEAM COMPLETES THE AUDIT, THE FILE IS RETURNED FOR PAYMENT PROCESSING TO THE MOST RECENT POSTED UNIT (FOR REG F PERS), OR DMPAP (IF MBR WAS SERVING IN THE P RES ON 29 FEBRUARY 2012). PAYMENTS WILL APPEAR ON THE MEMBER S REGULAR PAY. IT IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE A LAG TIME FROM THE DATE THE PIL TEAM COMPLETES THE AUDIT PROCESS AND THE DATE THE PAYMENT IS PROCESSED. THE PIL TEAM HAS NO CONTROL OF OR ACCESS TO HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE FOR A PAYMENT TO BE PROCESSED

THE PIL TEAM IS EXPECTED TO COMPLETE THE AUDIT OF ALL FILES BY THE END OF MAY 2014, SUBJECT TO CHANGE DUE TO UNFORSEEN CIRCUMSTANCES (COMPLEX FILES/MISSING PAPERWORK), AND ALL PAYMENTS ARE EXPECTED TO BE PROCESSED BY NOVEMBER 2014

IF YOU NEED TO CONTACT THE PIL TEAM PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL TO (PLUS)DMCA 4 PIL TEAM(AT SIGN)CMP DMCA(AT SIGN)OTTAWA-HULL OR EXTERNALLY VIA DMCA-PIL(UNDERSCORE)OF(UNDERSCORE)CFSP-DACM-PTL(UNDERSCORE)DE(UNDERS CORE)IDFC(AT SIGN)FORCES.GC.CA. INCLUDE YOUR SERVICE NUMBER WITH YOUR QUERY

YOUR CONTINUED PATIENCE AND SUPPORT ARE APPRECIATED.

New Update.  100%

As of 30 May 2014, the PIL Team has completed the audit of 100% of all received files. Contact your orderly room so they can determine the status of your file. Please do not contact the PIL team directly.

Once the PIL team completes the audit, the file is returned for payment processing to the most recent posted unit (for Reg F pers), or DMPAP (for Res F pers). Payments will appear on the member’s regular pay. Please note that there will be a considerable lag time from the date the PIL team completes the audit process and the date the payment is processed.

EME101 said:
New Update.  100%

As of 30 May 2014, the PIL Team has completed the audit of 100% of all received files. Contact your orderly room so they can determine the status of your file. Please do not contact the PIL team directly.

Once the PIL team completes the audit, the file is returned for payment processing to the most recent posted unit (for Reg F pers), or DMPAP (for Res F pers). Payments will appear on the member’s regular pay. Please note that there will be a considerable lag time from the date the PIL team completes the audit process and the date the payment is processed.

Mine was completed some months ago and I was told not to expect anything in my account until, at least, Sept 14.

That's not lag time. That's mollasses running uphill in the winter. ::)

So if a svc mbr did not receive the PIL for say a year....are they not then disadvantaged by not being able to have collected that interest on the principal ,which their brothers and sisters who have been paid out were able to? Is this not grievable?

My civvy job (Also Fed) was able to pay out the PIL in less than 8 weeks and it has a strength of approx 1/3 of the CAF.......so what's the excuse? Troops out here in BC are getting a tad pissed about this, as we seem to be the last to be paid!

noneck said:
So if a svc mbr did not receive the PIL for say a year....are they not then disadvantaged by not being able to have collected that interest on the principal ,which their brothers and sisters who have been paid out were able to? Is this not grievable?

My civvy job (Also Fed) was able to pay out the PIL in less than 8 weeks and it has a strength of approx 1/3 of the CAF.......so what's the excuse? Troops out here in BC are getting a tad pissed about this, as we seem to be the last to be paid!

Can't grieve something, that hasn't yet been "approved".  Just because you applied, doesn't give you an immediate entitlement based on application date, especially in a case such as this.

Problem is.......record keeping, change of the way records are kept (ie; paper or electronic) and trying to pull/verify that information.  It's all about the "verification" process, nothing more.

If your "troops" in BC are/were the "last" to be paid.  My first question would be directed to whom ever it was that your paperwork was submitted to and it would be "When did you submit my request higher?".  That should pretty much answer your question......

Given my past experience looking at Reserve Admin, the worst was generally to be found in BC (with Alberta a close second).  Perhaps if Commanders in the Army Reserve treated it seriously issues like this would be better managed.

Back