• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Caracal airborne vehicle family

OceanBonfire

Reaction score
iJilnCL.jpg

Very cool looking vehicle . I do have my thoughts about buying things from European sources.
For us the GM S-10 derived ISV would be a much cheaper and easier buy. Plus service parts are at Canadian Tire. So lets buy these and service at MB dealers with extra expensive service parts. Again Success!

For us the GM S-10 derived ISV would be a much cheaper and easier buy. Plus service parts are at Canadian Tire. So lets buy these and service at MB dealers with extra expensive service parts. Again Success!
Bombardier will build them under license and the vehicle will be “Canadianized” to the point where the parts do not come close to resembling anything GM builds and can only be custom built at Bombardier. (y)

Actually I think the Colorado chassis, if that is what you are referring to, is too small. Once its uploaded the power train will be strained.
Personally - and I could be wrong- I think the full size pick up chassis is the way to go.

Actually I think the Colorado chassis, if that is what you are referring to, is too small. Once its uploaded the power train will be strained.
Personally - and I could be wrong- I think the full size pick up chassis is the way to go.
Yes I was think that one. Just because the work has done. It's under contract and being built right now. And no Canadizing required. But that means we will never go for it.

But yes a full size along the same lines would work. Even if we just let GM themselves do the Canadizing it would be cheapest option.

Take a look at GM defence website. They are selling engineering and price using their engineering and manufacturing system. I think that is a very good value proposition.

Modern mid sized trucks are more capable than early-mid 2000s full size trucks. The ISV 2.8L Diesel has 275 horsepower and 420 lb-ft of torque... That's more than enough to move around 9 C&POs, let alone 9 fit infantry soldiers.

If I was Emperor of Canada I'd be replacing our G-Wagons and Milverados with a fleet of ISV based vehicles.

Back