• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cdn. soldiers accidentally kill Afghan civilian

milnewstbay said:
"I ask you: Why are civilians being shot?" said Abdul Quadar Noorzai, of the Afghanistan Independent Human Rights Commission. "It would be better to let Afghan army or Afghan police handle security on convoys. If they were to let the chief of police know when they are moving between places it would be great."

Kandahar Police Chief Asmatullah Alizai made the proposal to Canadian military officers last Friday.

"It is an offer we are giving serious consideration to at this time," Canadian Maj. Dale MacEachern said yesterday.

The proposal would require the Canadians to share convoy times and routes with Afghan authorities -- something that makes the military nervous because of security concerns.

This has to be a joke right?          :o

I feel physically ill right now......

I can just imagine giving the police the schedules for convoys. "Here is that list of convoy departure times and the routes they will be taking Mr police commisionner, and by the way would you like our guys to just leave their weapons unloaded and not wear any body armour. That would likely make it easier for the guys ambushing them to get 100% kill. Yessir we can can have them dismount from the vehicles as well if that would be easier." What a load of crap, I've spent 15 years in the navy and have never been in the kind of action the grunts ar in everyday over there, but I know that when things start happening and your  pucker factor is way up that the decisions you make are based on survival instinct and not a calm rational reasoning out of events. Giving the Afghan police our convoy schedules would be tatamount to putting the barrel of a weapon on one of our guys heads and pulling the trigger. I sincerly hope that the CO of our guys out there tells the Afghans to pound sand in a big way.
That's my rant.
Cheers, Marc

M Feetham said:
I can just imagine giving the police the schedules for convoys. "Here is that list of convoy departure times and the routes they will be taking Mr police commisionner, and by the way would you like our guys to just leave their weapons unloaded and not wear any body armour. That would likely make it easier for the guys ambushing them to get 100% kill. Yessir we can can have them dismount from the vehicles as well if that would be easier." What a load of crap, I've spent 15 years in the navy and have never been in the kind of action the grunts ar in everyday over there, but I know that when things start happening and your  pucker factor is way up that the decisions you make are based on survival instinct and not a calm rational reasoning out of events. Giving the Afghan police our convoy schedules would be tatamount to putting the barrel of a weapon on one of our guys heads and pulling the trigger. I sincerly hope that the CO of our guys out there tells the Afghans to pound sand in a big way.
That's my rant.
Cheers, Marc
Sounds like a script from an old Batman TV show.....
Oooh - It's the Bat signal...... the're ready and waiting for us.... let's roll
Yes commissionner we're on our way!

Sounds a little childish and naive, doesn't it?

If you are referring to what I wrote, you are probably right, but then all my experience is on ship and not on the ground getting shot at, so indulge me a little bit. I have nothing but respect for the grunts out there, they do a job I have never done and probably never will. I also think that what they want the commander of the candian forces in afghanistan to do is a little ridiculous. It's dangerous and will most likely cost more Canadians their lives and it sucks hard.
(rant off)
Cheers, Marc

Feetham.......
sorry if I sounded condescending - t'was not my intention.
I feel the whole situation in Kandahar with these kamikaze drivers & the police commissioner with a desire to protect us .... now THATs childish (not you)

Have a good one

CHIMO!

Back