• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CDN/US Covid-related political discussion

Well maybe we should have attacked China and forced it out of them....this is fun.
Have you been drinking?

drunk-party.gif

Its hard to engage with someone in conversation when they simply rely on hyperbolic statements.

I hope Canada never has a real crisis either. It should worry everyone that for something as minor as COVID 19 our government went to the extremes it did. Imagine what would happen if we had a real crisis. I'm not sure what's scarier, the government's actions or the willingness of populace to blindly follow.
6.9 million dead people would disagree with your assessment of covid being "minor", or at least their families would.

Daughter getting her vaccines yesterday. We had de-selected "Covid vaccine" from the shots for her. Yet when I took her in, they had added it again. Funny that.......

During my last flu shot they begged me to take another booster because they didn’t want to waste the last bit of the dose. Yeahhh….no I’m good.

6.9 million dead people would disagree with your assessment of covid being "minor", or at least their families would.

One percent of the worlds population is 79 million. So yes that's minor.

The question I have for your stat is is that an estimate? Because I have high doubts that number will ever be known, and is it died from COVID or with COVID ?

Everyone dies. Some Earlier than others, act accordingly.

I'm good with not getting another vaccine either, but they are health people,.....your Doctor is going to tell you to stop smoking, start exercising, and lose some weight,.....even though they know you have no intention of actually doing that.

The question I have for your stat is is that an estimate? Because I have high doubts that number will ever be known, and is it died from COVID or with COVID ?

Nobody will ever really know, because there is no good way to pick out the specific data. Nor is there a desire to know from the majority of authorities. There will be a some cases where it's clear cut they died of it. But for many it's another factor in a series of factors. Rare for diseases or viruses to kill the very healthy (exceptions are Ebola, etc). generally they kill off the weaker ones first. Also if a person dies of cancer sooner than later because there is a lockdown and they could not be diagnosed early on or get treatment, is that a Covid related death?

I'm good with not getting another vaccine either, but they are health people,.....your Doctor is going to tell you to stop smoking, start exercising, and lose some weight,.....even though they know you have no intention of actually doing that.
but selling us cocaine is "harm reduction"

Nobody will ever really know, because there is no good way to pick out the specific data. Nor is there a desire to know from the majority of authorities. There will be a some cases where it's clear cut they died of it. But for many it's another factor in a series of factors. Rare for diseases or viruses to kill the very healthy (exceptions are Ebola, etc). generally they kill off the weaker ones first. Also if a person dies of cancer sooner than later because there is a lockdown and they could not be diagnosed early on or get treatment, is that a Covid related death?

Right.

But, I remember reading there was a dramatic surge of Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrests during the height of the pandemic.

Cause was not indicated, maybe just a coincidence.

As far as vaccine hesitancy goes,

How Polio Campaign Beat Vaccine Hesitancy

Also, just to confirm, you're saying that if some trully bad came along, meaning something way worse than covid (because you said covid was minor), you're saying you're less worried about whatever that thing is, and more worried about the government's response to it, correct?

Also, just to confirm, you're saying that if some trully bad came along, meaning something way worse than covid (because you said covid was minor), you're saying you're less worried about whatever that thing is, and more worried about the government's response to it, correct?

Both should concern people. Bad things and governments who never want to pass up a crisis.

Right.

But, I remember reading there was a dramatic surge of Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrests during the height of the pandemic.

Cause was not indicated, maybe just a coincidence.

As far as vaccine hesitancy goes,

Some vaccines I am all for, meningitis, polio, TB, etc.

Some vaccines I am all for, meningitis, polio, TB, etc.

Nice to have freedom of choice.

We had to be vaccinated for Hepatitis B, Tetanus, Diphtheria, Polio, Pertussis, proof of immunity to Varicella TDP, MMR ( Measles, Mumps, Rubella ).

Proof of seasonal Influenza vaccination was also required.

Covid now, too.

That lack of choice on the Covid vaccine might come back on them if say there is a evidence in 15 years or so of bad side effects to bring a successful class action suit to court. Of course it will be the taxpayer paying out and not the people that made the decisions

There was a CTV News story yesterday about former Ontario municipal employees launching a class-action lawsuit over the mandate.

Toronto-based employment lawyer Howard Levitt, who is not involved in the case, offered his opinion.

There was a CTV News story yesterday about former Ontario municipal employees launching a class-action lawsuit over the mandate.

Toronto-based employment lawyer Howard Levitt, who is not involved in the case, offered his opinion.
As soon as I hit “Rocco Galati” I laughed and stopped reading. He used to be an esteemed lawyer so far as I can tell. Since he got hooked up with the JCCF crowd and started pursuing lawsuits around COVID, he’s done miserably. The timing of this is fortuitous, because he just had his big federal employees lawsuit tossed out of court, and his written pleading described by the judge as “bad beyond argument”. That’s not his first failed COVID litigation. He’s become a fan of these sensational lawsuits asking for huge numbers in damages, charging retainers from a large number of plaintiffs, and then submitting bizarre and contorted pleadings that fall on their face once considered by courts.

So, I wouldn’t put much stock in any COVID related litigation where the plaintiffs have had to settle on Mr. Galati to represent them. His record in court on COVID litigation is neither a cause for optimism, nor a compelling invitation to take their legal action very seriously.

For those who might be curious about the recently dismissed federal lawsuit, decision is below.

Back