• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CDN/US Covid-related political discussion

Here's another post from the post for you.

G7 scolds China, demands investigation of COVID-19 origins

The G7 also called for a transparent, expert-led Phase 2 COVID-19 Origins study including in China, to be convened by the World Health Organization (WHO).

“We haven’t had access to the laboratories,” Biden told reporters.

Biden said it was not yet certain whether or not “a bat interfacing with animals and the environment … caused this COVID-19, or whether it was an experiment gone awry in a laboratory.”

Death toll is at 3.81M people (if you believe China and their 1.4B people only had under 4600 deaths).

What happens if China is actively responsible for almost 4 million deaths worldwide?

Here's another post from the post for you.

G7 scolds China, demands investigation of COVID-19 origins

Death toll is at 3.81M people (if you believe China and their 1.4B people only had under 4600 deaths).

What happens if China is actively responsible for almost 4 million deaths worldwide?
Nothing will happen.

Oh politicians will make strongly worded statements, but businesses will not give up their cheap Chinese labour, politicisns won't want to be locked out of the Chinese market, and at the end of the day, absolutely nothing of substance will happen.

As for their death toll, while I don't believe it's accurate, I also know that the half assed lockdowns we do in the west have results, so I can only imagine the draconian lockdowns that happened in China stopped community spread early on.

Hoo 'boy'....

“Boy, your greatest achievement is to have ruined the friendly relations between China and Canada, and have turned Canada into a running dog of the US.”

Kheiriddin: The world's love affair with Justin Trudeau ends on a sour note​

How far Canada’s golden boy has fallen since he first burst on the scene

Justin Trudeau, G7 Summit, Cornwall, 2021, speaking to a reporter:

“The impacts of this G7 will remain long after the newspapers you write for have been used to wrap fish.”

Ah, how far Icarus has fallen. When the newly minted prime minister burst on the scene, the world couldn’t get enough. From fawning Vogue covers to selfie-fests with foreign leaders, Canada’s golden boy held press and politicians in the palm of his hand. Even Ivanka Trump basked in his spotlight.

How far Icarus has fallen

Now, it appears the love affair between the prime minister and the global media is over. It would appear the ill feelings are mutual. Instead of sunny ways, Trudeau this past weekend presented a grizzled, sour figure. Tongue-in-cheek headlines were everywhere on Sunday: “With Merkel leaving, Trudeau positions himself as dean of the G7,” with the stories noting coyly that no one is actually taking him up on his offer.

So what went wrong? Well, not much has gone right with Trudeau’s “Canada’s back” boast to the world. Canada’s peacekeeping efforts are at a 60-year low, with our meagre 2019 mission to Mali lasting all of a year. Trudeau’s 2018 India trip was a PR disaster. And in 2020, Canada failed (again) to secure a UN Security Council seat, despite Trudeau’s lavish lobbying blitz.

Worse yet, Trudeau’s actual accomplishments have only come back to haunt him. In 2018, the prime minister presided over a G7 meeting at Charlevoix, Que., which saw a “historic investment” in women and girls. But a year later, the feminist PM steamrolled two high-profile female cabinet ministers, Jody Wilson-Raybould and Jane Philpott, in the SNC-Lavalin affair, in order to help a company that had admitted to international fraud and bribery.

On the trade front, Trudeau’s vaunted CETA deal with the EU has Western beef producers in a snit: almost four years in, exports from the EU to Canada have soared from $14.7 million to $129 million, while Canada’s inched up from $7.9 million to $32.7 million.

And despite supposedly chummy relations with the Biden administration, Trudeau has made no progress in reopening the border since the early days of the pandemic, to the consternation of both travellers and businesses.

But the elephant in the room may be China.

As the G7 powers rally to counter the threat of China’s growing geopolitical influence, one cannot help but remember Trudeau’s famous 2013 pronouncement that “There’s a level of admiration I actually have for China because their basic dictatorship is allowing them to actually turn their economy around on a dime and say, ‘We need to go green … we need to start investing in solar.’” In 2018, he was busily trying to secure a free-trade deal with Beijing.

Fast forward to March 2021. The National Security and Intelligence Committee of Parliamentarians released a report that found China and Russia engaging in “significant and sustained” foreign interference activities that “predominantly threaten the fundamental building blocks of Canada’s democracy.” Earlier this month, it was revealed that in 2019, two Chinese military scientists were fired from Canada’s only Level 4 virology lab, spawning an RCMP investigation. Meanwhile, two of our citizens, Michael Kovrig and Michael Spavor, remain jailed in China on trumped-up charges.

And what do the Chinese think of Trudeau? In March, after Canada imposed sanctions on China over its horrific treatment of its Uyghur minority, a Chinese official tweeted caustically at Trudeau: “Boy, your greatest achievement is to have ruined the friendly relations between China and Canada, and have turned Canada into a running dog of the US.”

So when Trudeau declared at the recent G7 that “At this meeting, Canada led the way on a common approach to addressing the challenges posed by China,” it is impossible for Canadians to take him seriously — and for the rest of the world to do so as well.

Kheiriddin: The world's love affair with Justin Trudeau ends on a sour note

“To this country’s friends all around the world, many of you have worried that Canada has lost its compassionate and constructive voice in the world. Well, I have a simple message for you. On behalf of 35 million Canadians: we’re back.”

I remember those words from this not too bright individual in question and I yelled at the TV We never fucking left`

Not saying you need to trust it.

Just wondering if you would give the gov any credit if they achieve it.

All I know is that if last year someone told me that the world could largely go back to normal in September I would take it and run.
Give them credit? I guess so, but I'd consider it the same boat as giving someone a medal for doing their job (after they royally shit the bed in the first place, tried to hide information about it then tried to hide the work they did afterwards..).

So yes :)
Just checking, do you still want to wait until September to give the government any credit or do we want to do this now and get it over with?

I am both impressed and disturbed about your chronological memory. In addition, we seem to be proceeding in the way that you predicted. So, variants and missteps aside, we are close to what you predicted.

I am both impressed and disturbed about your chronological memory. In addition, we seem to be proceeding in the way that you predicted. So, variants and missteps aside, we are close to what you predicted.
I put a bunch of keywords in my posts that make them easy to search and find.

And while I appreciate that you acknowledge that we are close to what I predicted, I believe you are supposed to give the federal government credit for their job on procurement.

Just checking, do you still want to wait until September to give the government any credit or do we want to do this now and get it over with?
You're moving the goalposts again. I believe I already said "I guess so" to giving them credit.

Do I want to wait until September for the original, actual challenge? Of course.

So give the Feds new kudos because they’ve changed the narrative from “vaccinated by September” to “first shot by July”, yet you want Ontario to completely clear doses given to them within a day or two?

I don’t think Canadians will be properly (fully, ie. both shots for Pfizer, Moderna and A-Z) vaccinated before September, per the original promise by the Federal Government.

Set up a roadside stand to serve crow all you like, Altair, but no one need consume any crow until ALL Canadian adults who want to be, are FULLY vaccinated BEFORE September, as promised originally by Trudeau.
Still waiting until September or can we do this now?

You're moving the goalposts again. I believe I already said "I guess so" to giving them credit.

Do I want to wait until September for the original, actual challenge? Of course.
Knowing full well that the vaccination drive will likely be done come end of July, early August?

I put a bunch of keywords in my posts that make them easy to search and find.

And while I appreciate that you acknowledge that we are close to what I predicted, I believe you are supposed to give the federal government credit for their job on procurement.
So this is the part I find disturbing.

Still waiting until September or can we do this now?
Oh, I must have missed the report that all Canadians who wanted to be, were fully vaccinated.

oh wait…32% = 100%…..New Math

Meanwhile, while you’re busy running around trying to get personal apologies from everyone who noted concern with how things were rolling out, you can also look at yourself in the mirror to identify when it was that you similarly acknowledged that Ford and Ontario had hit (and exceeded) their 150k daily target…that is if you can get past your red line as you see it, as lying.

We’ll see which comes first…all Canadians vaccinated or an apology/acknowledgment from you that Ford met and exceeded his promise…

Back