• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CDN/US Covid-related political discussion

Absolutely, I'll wear it. If everyone that want to be vaccinated, is so, by Sept 30/21. I'll happily admit I miscalculated.

As to promises. I don't much pay attention to the little stuff that really only affect the daily administrative items. I'm talking about things like the promise he made in 2010 when he said, "No way, I will never confiscate guns from Canadians", or words to that effect. Then we come to today.
Will this be happening I wonder.

Give them credit? I guess so, but I'd consider it the same boat as giving someone a medal for doing their job (after they royally shit the bed in the first place, tried to hide information about it then tried to hide the work they did afterwards..).

So yes :)
Will this be happening?

I love that people said that Canada couldn't make the September deadline, saying that Canada messed up procurement and would never make that deadline.

Now that the schedule has been pushed up to early July, people are saying they wont meet that deadline. And I'm laughing, because as a country that doesn't produce any vaccines we are 3rd on the G20, ahead of the major countries of Europe, getting the top tier of vaccines in Pfizer and Moderna, and not junk like Sinovac and Sputnik (if you think AZ sucks) all while not making a single vaccine.

This is on par with having the 4th biggest air force and 5th biggest navy at the end of WW2, a great performance by a middle power.

So the first thing I google from CTV news dated April 14th.....

"On a global scale, Canada ranks in the top 40 for the percentage of the population that has received their first dose, and that’s not so bad, says one expert.

I will be delivering a lot of crow in a few months, how do you like yours prepared?
I wonder whether that will be "curbside delivery."

You may be, or you may face it yourself. Trolling like this does not enhance your argument, or make anything that you have stated a certainty. When the time comes, bray away.

So the first thing I google from CTV news dated April 14th.....

"On a global scale, Canada ranks in the top 40 for the percentage of the population that has received their first dose, and that’s not so bad, says one expert.
So lets see some countries ahead of Canada.

Gibraltar and Falkland Islands(Small populations, Brits vaccinating them)
Israel(Acted as big pharma guinea pigs)
Seychelles (Small population)
UAE( Guinea pig for Sinovac)
Cayman Islands (Small Population)
Isle of Man(Small Population)
Bermuda(Small Population)
Jersey(Small Population)
Chile(Sinovac, amongst the highest transmission rates of covid in the world)
Turks and Caicos (Small Population)
Bhutan (Small Population)
Bahrain(1M Pop)
United Kingdom (Domestic Production)
Saint Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha (Small Population)
Malta (Small Population)
United States (Domestic Production)
Guernsey (Small Population)
Maldives(Small Population)
San Marino(Small Population)
Monaco(Small Population)
Hungary (Sputnik and Sinovac vaccines, still high death rates)
Serbia (Sputnik and Sinovac vaccines)
Qatar(1M Pop)
Anguilla (Small Population)
Uruguay(dont know their story)
Montserrat(Small Population)
Faroe Islands(Small Population)
Singapore (1M Pop)
Iceland (Small Population)
Antigua and Barbuda(Small Population)
Northern Cyprus(Small Population)
Lithuania(Small Population)
Austria (just ahead)
Denmark( Small Population, and just ahead)
Estonia( Small Population, and just ahead)
Spain(just ahead)
Dominica( Small Population, and just ahead)
Germany(just ahead)
Andorra( Small Population, and just ahead)
CANADA!

Wait wait wait...….you ran down Doug Ford when folks used the "Ontario is big" defense for him, but "countries are small' is a suitable defense for the Feds?

I wonder whether that will be "curbside delivery."

You may be, or you may face it yourself. Trolling like this does not enhance your argument, or make anything that you have stated a certainty. When the time comes, bray away.
I think we can agree that the September deadline will be more than met, and the only question is whether the deliveries by July match up to what I said, and so far, it looks like they will.

But you are right, I will wait until July to officially ask for you to give credit where credit is due.

So lets see some countries ahead of Canada.

Gibraltar and Falkland Islands(Small populations, Brits vaccinating them)
Israel(Acted as big pharma guinea pigs)
Seychelles (Small population)
UAE( Guinea pig for Sinovac)
Cayman Islands (Small Population)
Isle of Man(Small Population)
Bermuda(Small Population)
Jersey(Small Population)
Chile(Sinovac, amongst the highest transmission rates of covid in the world)
Turks and Caicos (Small Population)
Bhutan (Small Population)
Bahrain(1M Pop)
United Kingdom (Domestic Production)
Saint Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha (Small Population)
Malta (Small Population)
United States (Domestic Production)
Guernsey (Small Population)
Maldives(Small Population)
San Marino(Small Population)
Monaco(Small Population)
Hungary (Sputnik and Sinovac vaccines, still high death rates)
Serbia (Sputnik and Sinovac vaccines)
Qatar(1M Pop)
Anguilla (Small Population)
Uruguay(dont know their story)
Montserrat(Small Population)
Faroe Islands(Small Population)
Singapore (1M Pop)
Iceland (Small Population)
Antigua and Barbuda(Small Population)
Northern Cyprus(Small Population)
Lithuania(Small Population)
Austria (just ahead)
Denmark( Small Population, and just ahead)
Estonia( Small Population, and just ahead)
Spain(just ahead)
Dominica( Small Population, and just ahead)
Germany(just ahead)
Andorra( Small Population, and just ahead)
CANADA!
So how did these small population (influence) countries get in line ahead of Canada to secure vaccines? Perhaps their governments were more pro-active?

So how did these small population (influence) countries get in line ahead of Canada to secure vaccines? Perhaps their governments were more pro-active?
Or they bought 20k and thats all they needed, and at the same time Canada was getting 300k, 400k a week and barely making a dent?

I will be delivering a lot of crow in a few months, how do you like yours prepared?
So give the Feds new kudos because they’ve changed the narrative from “vaccinated by September” to “first shot by July”, yet you want Ontario to completely clear doses given to them within a day or two?

I don’t think Canadians will be properly (fully, ie. both shots for Pfizer, Moderna and A-Z) vaccinated before September, per the original promise by the Federal Government.

Set up a roadside stand to serve crow all you like, Altair, but no one need consume any crow until ALL Canadian adults who want to be, are FULLY vaccinated BEFORE September, as promised originally by Trudeau.

Or they bought 20k and thats all they needed, and at the same time Canada was getting 300k, 400k a week and barely making a dent?
OK. Should they have requested 3-4 M a week, or as many as manufacturers could provide? Getting caught out for not being prepared is no excuse for not being prepared.

So give the Feds new kudos because they’ve changed the narrative from “vaccinated by September” to “first shot by July”, yet you want Ontario to completely clear doses given to them within a day or two?
I want Ontario to fully clear the doses given to them by the next time they get a federal top up.
I don’t think Canadians will be properly (fully, ie. both shots for Pfizer, Moderna and A-Z) vaccinated before September, per the original promise by the Federal Government.
Will you give credit to the fed if they do?
Set up a roadside stand to serve crow all you like, Altair, but no one need consume any crow until ALL Canadian adults who want to be, are FULLY vaccinated BEFORE September, as promised originally by Trudeau.
30,750,000 is the approximate adult population of Canada, and Canada is to have 44 million vaccines by July.

so to fully vaccinate every adult would require 61,500,000, so 17 million more, and you don't think they can fill that jap before september?

OK. Should they have requested 3-4 M a week, or as many as manufacturers could provide? Getting caught out for not being prepared is no excuse for not being prepared.
Okay, lets put it this way.

Canada and Bahrain show up to Pfizer. Canada askes for 3 million a week. Pfizer says they cannot do that manufacture that many, they can give a max of 300k-400k per week. Bahrain asks for 300k a week, Pfizer says they can do that.

Canada complains they are a bigger country than Bahrain, and thus should get more than Bahrain. Pfizer says tough luck.

End result, Canada is at 25 percent, Bahrain is at 100 percent.

What is Canada to do in this situation? Invade Bahrain?

Back