• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CDN/US Covid-related political discussion

Based on China's apparent goals of exploiting existing internal divisions, I assume they're being confused by all the choices they have in targettign Canada :)

Pro-China misinformation operation attempting to exploit US Covid divisions, report says​

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/08/politics/pro-chinese-disinformation-operation-coronavirus-pandemic-protests/index.html
Interestingly, the link just redirects you to the author's profile.

Disinformation?

foil hat tinfoil kevin GIF by The Tick

No clue.

Why would Saskatchewan be asking for personnel if they didn't need it however?
They desperately need it. Even a single additional bed or a single ICU patient flown out could save a life at this point. The provincial government has completely abrogated its responsibility to institute reasonable and necessary additional public health measures.

The CAF doesn't actually have that many MDs and nurses. Many of those folks on bases are civilian contractors.

That is exactly right. Which is why "military support" needs to be contextualized. When we hear they are bringing in the military to help out, people have visions of the Toronto snow storm response... it's not like that. It's about 8 people. Which is probably less people than who have put in for mat leave that week in the grand scheme of things.

Except that the right people in the right spots can be force multipliers. Numbers don’t matter, effectiveness does. The CAF is providing what it can because some can’t. Mostly due to their own incompetence and political short sightedness. Those 8 pers will be welcomed additions to a strained system.

That is exactly right. Which is why "military support" needs to be contextualized. When we hear they are bringing in the military to help out, people have visions of the Toronto snow storm response... it's not like that. It's about 8 people. Which is probably less people than who have put in for mat leave that week in the grand scheme of things.
I think it matters less that the military is sending 8 or so people than the fact that the province is in such dire straights that they need to request military assistance.

Incompetence, plain and simple.

You heretic. Conspiracies are fiction. Now fall in line.
Not fiction really. In people’s minds conspiracies are real. Some are and they use those to validate some of the crazier stuff. I just feel that most need mental health help. Some are harmless. But the damage that the current batch of Covidiots and anti vaxxers have done by stoking unfounded fears and propaganda is more than any rational person or society should tolerate.

I don’t care if someone believe that the earth is flat or that the US is run by lizard people. But the moment they become part of the problem while people are legitimately trying to get out of a pandemic the likes we’ve never experienced then they deserve everything that comes their way and I could care less if they lose their jobs or can’t go to the gym. Not my problem. It’s self inflicted and I feel very little sympathy for anyone who claims they are being hard done by.

Have you actually read those? Because a few of them are real and terrible, but two thirds of them are nothing.

If this best you have to convince people of an international suppression of doctors because governments want more power- by way of making you wear a mask on the bus…

From your “source”

, "The Davis/Mockingbird theory, that the CIA operated a deliberate and systematic program of widespread manipulation of the U.S. media, does not appear to be grounded in reality, but that should not disguise the active role the CIA played in influencing the domestic press's output."[4]

I guess we re supposed to trust that it’s real though and that part is part of the propaganda right?

Have you actually read those?
I have.

Because a few of them are real and terrible, but two thirds of them are nothing.
Which two thirds do you think are nothing?

If this best you have to convince people of an international suppression of doctors because governments want more power- by way of making you wear a mask on the bus…
Quite the conclusion you're drawing. I don't think there's an international suppression of doctors or any of that jazz. I think Canada's initial weak and goofy response to Covid was a simple matter of being beholden to China. We were afraid of upsetting them. I think everyone should just get vaccinated but I'm also willing to listen to other peoples opinions.

I also think people, perhaps like yourself, would have accused the African Americans in the Tuskegee experiment that they were conspiracy nuts if they suggested the government was infecting them on purpose or giving them placebos.

The Hoover Institute talks with Dr. Jay Bhattacharya about the C19 response.

QV said,
The Hoover Institute talks with Dr. Jay Bhattacharya about the C19 response.
For reference to the discussion, a Manitoba judge, Court of Queen's Bench Chief Justice Glenn Joyal, had this to say about that individual,

Joyal said he found that despite Bhattacharya's credentials, his views were not supported by most of the scientific and medical community.

A Tennessee judge concluded, "the Court is simply unwilling to trust Dr. Bhattacharya."

“But I think we’re challenged by disinformation … that still swirls around about where the genesis, how did this vaccine get approved, is it safe is it ethical ― all that swirls around on the internet and they see all that they read all that,” Berger said.

Vaccine requirements are not new, the commandant said. His opinion is that that refusal to get a vaccine goes against the Marine Corps mission.

“We have to be ready to go, everyday all the time,” Berger said. “We are the ready force we have to be ready to go.”

“Just to get through boot camp you got to get 12 vaccinations,” he said.

But hesitancy among some troops remains.

Fears about the vaccine have ranged from concerns about the speed of development or unease about mRNA, which is used in the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, to conspiracies that the vaccine comes with a tracking chip, will magnetize people or even make people glow in the dark.

If the Corps’ vaccination rate does indeed peak at its current 93 percent, it would mean over 12,500 Marines will face separation.

QV said,

For reference to the discussion, a Manitoba judge, Court of Queen's Bench Chief Justice Glenn Joyal, had this to say about that individual,

A Tennessee judge concluded, "the Court is simply unwilling to trust Dr. Bhattacharya."
Joyal is a good judge with a sound reputation in Manitoba.

🍻

Back