• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cenotaph/Memorial Vandalism/Solutions-Laws (merged)

Mr. Allen The people who did this should have to stand in front of the city of Kamloops and apologise to everyone of them, then go to the Legions one by one and again in front of the families of the men buried in that grave yard.

What ever happened to ...

Stand easy here. Express your disgust in a moderate manner and please refrain from giving the media watching this site any reason whatsoever to further characterize serving members as louts.

I knew I should have posted this thread in radio chatter.

Thanks,   

Whiskey.

Whiskey,

Ack.  Maybe IF the media is reading this, they can follow the story up with "Canadian Citizens Appauled By Acts Against Vet's".

I truly feel bad for the old guys' in the Legion that have to endure stuff like this together.  Maybe the "criminals" should be sent to the European battlefields to the grave sites with a few vet's to tell the stories of the men that served...let them get some feel for it.  Of course, they should be in shackles and cuff's, just to let them know its not a vacation.  How do you feel about your acts now their people? 

The CF is not a group of thugs, however, I believe we do get upset and defensive for any mistreatment of our vet's and rightfully so IMO.

:cdn:

Are we not looking for personnel for Darfur?? Hey they can vandalize all they want!!
the vision of them in the camps, priceless... >:(

The nice thing is, there are more and more student trips to places like Juno and Vimy to teach the youth about our history. One would hope these "educated" kids would be the ones to turn in the thugs.

Nothing anyone has said here is inappropriate or too outrageous. These incomprehensible acts are totally out of line. You do not dishonour the dead, and especially those that dedicated their lives to life, liberty, and justice for all . Ingrates...all of them.

Yet another point to prove the case for retroactive abortion.  Time to thin the herd.... ::)

In a conversation with my dad the other night. I guess that the War Monument (Cenotaph) in River Hebert N.S. was vandalized by some teens. They smashed the head and broke the gun on the Monument itself.

The Local Legion is not taking this too lightly and are out for blood.

On a similar note. Just to make everyones blood boil a bit more. Does anyone remember a certain Trooper in an armour regiment to be named later (rhymes with bait Can I Aid Ian, Who's Thar). Who was charged for vandalism at Vimy Ridge in the early 1990's (Hint the guy wasn't in A or C, Recce, or HQ Sqn)

That's really terrible to hear mover...lack of respect seems to run rampit today  >:(

HL

B Sqn ....Mud Recce you missed the obvious.  ;D

I would have narrowed it down to the troop and Callsign but......

mover1 said:
B Sqn ....Mud Recce you missed the obvious.  ;D

I would have narrowed it down to the troop and Callsign but......

Or I was playin' dumb (which doesn't take much effort)  ;D

Oh my we left ourselves open for this one...MudMan...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

HL