• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CF Army Combat Top is too long..

PJGary said:
Like really skinny guys who look like they're wearing MC Hammer pants... JUST GET NEW PANTS!

Good luck. If you're tall and skinny in the CF you get MC hammer pants and a combat moomoo.

PuckChaser said:
Good luck. If you're tall and skinny in the CF you get MC hammer pants and a combat moomoo.

Not to mention, even if you do attempt to get better fitting pants, clothing stores probably will not have your size (or anything mildly resembling it) in stock... but don't worry, the new combats are coming out.......................................    eventually  :nod:

so, I've got a set of the newest combats, and while they are a nicer cut... the tall/skinny guys getting MC Hammer Pants and a Combat Moomoo is WORSE! Because of my shoulder width and torso length I wore a 7644, that size isn't in the system apparently, and the only size that won't be too tight is 7648. I look like a little kid wearing his dad's uniform for fuck sakes! How the fuck is this acceptable? Who are they modeling these for, Chris Farley?

So... venting aside, what's the procedure for getting these altered? Can I take them to the base tailor (or closest thing in the NCR?) or do I have to do it under the table, and play dumb if anyone notices?

c_canuk said:
so, I've got a set of the newest combats, and while they are a nicer cut... the tall/skinny guys getting MC Hammer Pants and a Combat Moomoo is WORSE! Because of my shoulder width and torso length I wore a 7644, that size isn't in the system apparently, and the only size that won't be too tight is 7648. I look like a little kid wearing his dad's uniform for frig sakes! How the frig is this acceptable? Who are they modeling these for, Chris Farley?

So... venting aside, what's the procedure for getting these altered? Can I take them to the base tailor (or closest thing in the NCR?) or do I have to do it under the table, and play dumb if anyone notices?

Its been a while since I worked clothing but I do believe that operational clothing, which CADPAT is, are not to be tailored. 

c_canuk said:
so, I've got a set of the newest combats, and while they are a nicer cut... the tall/skinny guys getting MC Hammer Pants and a Combat Moomoo is WORSE! Because of my shoulder width and torso length I wore a 7644, that size isn't in the system apparently, and the only size that won't be too tight is 7648. I look like a little kid wearing his dad's uniform for frig sakes! How the frig is this acceptable? Who are they modeling these for, Chris Farley?

I recommend a 'tailoring parade'.

Fall in the platoon, in the gym, in their underwear, and have them bring all their combat clothing and boots with them. Pair them off in approximate height/weight.

Give them no more than one hour. Exactly. Trade clothing until everyone is equally dissatisfied.

Soldier on....

:rofl:

The whole point of getting a set of these, was so that when I was seen by dignitaries, while providing support to certain VVIPs, we'd look like a smartly dressed cohesive team. Unfortunately unless I get these tailored, it's going to look like something less professional.

Back