• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CF Bases

So where are you currently posted...Reg and reserve members

• Total voters
SigPigs said:
You probably didn't forget it, but didn't even know we were here! It happens all the time. But we have about 150 pers here from CFNA HQ ( Canadian Forces Northern Area HQ) to 440 SQN, the Rangers and Cadet programs for the whole north. Our AOR is bigger than ALL of you guys down south. Much colder though!!   :( Oh well life up north.

Sure 440 Sqn is in Yellowknife, but would you believe it's actually part of 17 Wing Winnipeg.

http://www.airforce.dnd.ca/17wing/squadron/squadron_e.asp

443 Sqn in Victoria actually belongs to 12 Wing Shearwater, same as all TacHel Sqns belong to 1 Wing which has it's HQ at CFB Kingston. Kinda screwy but that's how our operational control is set up in the Air Force.

As for locales, you are correct.   :D

Just kind of wondering whether it would have been better to have polled geographical locations rather than calling everything CFB's.  For instance there are units in Prince Albert, Red Deer, overseas...

On a separate note, I have looked on this forum for other polls.  Is there one somewhere and I am missing it?  If not, is it possible to add a section for all polls conducted?

I think it was pretty obvious that I was looking for major installations and not geographical locations.

Ex-Dragoon said:
I think it was pretty obvious that I was looking for major installations and not geographical locations.

So where are you posted...Reg and reserve members
Not so obvious

Most reserve members don't fit within your confines of CFB's. And is there any reason you capitalized Reg and not *reserve* members.

John Doe said:
What about good ol' meaford?

Not Pet,

But an detachment of Borden, as Dundurn is a detachment of Moose Jaw.

Ottawa should be an entity of its own.

signalsguy said:
There is no longer a 'CFB Ottawa' but thats where I would be if it existed - I'm still not quite sure how to describe my location in those terms... CFSU(O) I guess.

Swanning I would call it, lol.  Better than Afghanistan though, eh. 

Armymedic said:
Not Pet,

But an detachment of Borden, as Dundurn is a detachment of Moose Jaw.

Ottawa should be an entity of its own.

LFCA TC Meaford (Formerly, RCR Battleschool) is its own entity.  Has its own UIC, run by a Strat LCol and PPCLI CWO.  Falls under the admin control of LFCA.

Back