• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CF "General Purpose" Parkas

Slobo

Inactive
Reaction score
Any of the vets know when the "General Purpose" parka was first issued and when it was effectively retired?  I'm referring to the pre-IECS olive parka (and not the "extreeme").  This one had shoulder straps (not front and rear), straight breast pockets and non-removeable hood with white (fake) fur trim along the outer edge.

Also, when did the C7 diemaco first replace the SLR.

Thanx.

I was issued mine in 1996 and I found it warmer than the combat parka and still find it warmer than the IECS. This parka was considered to be better when working around aircraft and such because the myth around it was that it was somehow static resistant. I don't know how true that is. But I liked it and still have it. I don't know what the dat is on mine but I can tell you it was new.

Thanks Mover.  Interesting to hear them in use as late as that.  Your parka was the version with the white fur trimmed hood right -- not the Extreme with the detachable hood and slant pockets?

Also, does anyone know whether the "wind pants" in the same nylon material were issued concurrent with the GP parka, or were these a later addition to the mix?

Straight pockets, fur hood. Nice fake white stuff. Extemey comfortable and warm. The airforce was given either them or the Skunk jackets, that was until the new blue gortex came into issue. I think that some civvilan contractors working with CE are getting the last ones issued to them. They were very popular.

When I got issued my IECS parka I thought everything old was new again.

just the nylon ones. That were standard issue with the parka with the slanted pockets.

Back