• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CF on TV forum...

krugan

Inactive
Reaction score
How about creating a forum so people can let others know when shows or documentaries about our CF's will be on? 

i Channel (www.ichannel.ca) just had a good show on called "Canada: A Nation Undefended", about our military and the governments lack of commitment to keep it equipped.

As well there has been a good documentary about our peacekeepers in Bosnia on this channel also.

No he didn't, he created a thread. A forum is a category of threads (I can't think of a better explanation right now) like Off Topic, Recruiting etc...
Back to the topic, I like to watch military documentaries also (especially Canadian ones), but I don't know if there is enough material to sustain a whole forum. Maybe a stickied thread or sub-forum in say the Canadian Army News would work.

Talk about semantics......

You know what I meant. This thread, made sticky would be just the forum he's talking about.  :dontpanic:

Honestly, I don't think there's enough "traffic" to warrant a new forum, however a threat like this one might just do the trick.

Cheers
Mike

FYI, the show ("Canada: A Nation Undefended") will be repeated  this Sunday on the iChannel @ 7pm.

Would this thread be more appropriate in the News forum then?

Good thought... moved it to Current Affairs...

I just watched Canada: A Nation Undefended. Please, tell me the good news if there is any.

I think it's time for a gritty realistic drama about the CF that pulls no punches - let's call it Youth, Booty, Squalor...what do you guys think?

Or make a weekly documentary, in the style of one of those old animal docs.
"let us watch in on a no hook private performing the fruitless task of finding a mate in the woods of Petawawa."

Don't they sometimes, on the OLN network have combat contests between the various American and Canadian military elements, sort of like the fireman competitions?

Some of you may not like it... but thats tough, it's MY life not yours...

I am a partially disabled veteran (MOC 411) constant intractable pain due to botched back surgery while serving. I am now a "legal marijuana user and grower" with all of the required credentials from the federal government. I have found great pain relief from medicinal marijuana, normally I either consume it in baked goods or I vaporize it in a clinical machine.

I have asked for veterans affairs to pay for my medications as they are prescribed to me for my "pensionable condition" , thus far I have been refused, likewise I have been refused a "dual" hospital bed so that my wife and I (married 19 years) might still enjoy each others company in the same bed, instead I sleep in my LazyBoy recliner as this is as close to a hospital bed sleeping configuration that I can manage.

So keep your eyes open... when I get in front of a camera you will all know WHO I am...  I'm "patient zero" I am the "first veteran" to get possession and grow cards, maybe I'll write a book.

zardoz

Do whatcha have to do. As for the CF not looking out for the welbeing of one of it's soldiers, you seem to be one of many. I know people who the system has screwed over with regards to medical difficulties. I think it's sad when the possibility exists that a soldier might actually think they'd have been better off killed than injured. I'm not sure you'll find anyone here who'll give you grief as long as you're doing things above board re the weed. As for the media thing, I'm not a fan of 'em, but if you can use them to make your point, so be it.

Best of luck to you.

TM

Nothing new for most of the people here but ichannel has a 1hr debate on Sunday 19th 7pm:

"Canada Without Armed Forces:
A captivating citizen forum that debates one of the most startling reports ever put together not only on the current state of Canada's army, navy and air force, but on a cascading future military crisis."

Too bad this channel is a digital channel only.

Gentlemen,

You have to look outside of Canada if you want more shows and documentaries. Down here in Hamilton we receive WNEB from Buffalo, they cover more historical side. What caught my eye one day was that they did a documentary on the soldiers of the Golden Horseshoe, one of Canadians in Italy and one on the TH & B railway.

SHARP WO

A friend of mine, retired navy Lt produces a show for OLN called Truth, Duty, Valour. It's all about the various elements and trades in the CF.

As for the media thing, I'm not a fan of 'em,

The media is a tool which can be used for or against things...as long asthe the "things" carry a certain amount of sensatiolism.

Also, the media is biased, in the States it is Pro Military, in Canada its Anti Military. When was the last time you saw a news story about all the good things that the CF has done without a comment on the Canadian budget.

SHARP WO

You are right, the Canadian media does tend to look for weakness in military coverage and then exploit it. I remember standing on Parliament hill on parade waiting for Madam Sauve (sp) to come out and the media did not take any pictures of the soldiers on parade until one covered his ear because of the freezing cold wind, then all the cameras whizzed and next day there it was,front page,  a guy holding his ear and a negative image story to accompany the pic.....nothing about how we stood at attention for a half an hour in the freezing cold waiting for the Politician to finish her tea until she finally "graced" us with her presence...what a joke

Back